carat
color
clarity

Show me your Pearls!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Continuing on with the jovial theme
I still have my carnival strand on
i wore her (or him?) all day at work and it's comfortable to sleep in.i honestly don't even feel it on which is a miracle because i hate tight things around my neck

Of course no one knew it was new at work so no one commented
An old lady came in to buy her lunch and she had on a rather magnificent looking silver baroque strand and she was so happy when i admired it. I don't think It wouldn't register with
a lot of people they were even pearls, they had great luster

20210328_124416.jpg i was too late to get the morning sun streaming through the bathroom window

Im going to feel sad to take them off to wash my hair shortly :lol: :cry2:
But we have such hard water here and shampoo and conditioner probably arnt on very freindly terms with pearls

eloisegirl

Shiny_Rock
Inherited these today: 24” inch strand of 8 mm Akoyas with 14k gold clasp which were purchased in 1993. Also two pair of studs purchased in Japan in 1971, as well as a pearl shortener. F8EA3509-8CFB-424F-BC8F-C4EFE6575470.jpeg

Attachments

• 0487D17C-A2EC-4A33-B405-72DDB2D8DB01.jpeg
    0487D17C-A2EC-4A33-B405-72DDB2D8DB01.jpeg
    218.9 KB · Views: 21

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Inherited these today: 24” inch strand of 8 mm Akoyas with 14k gold clasp which were purchased in 1993. Also two pair of studs purchased in Japan in 1971, as well as a pearl shortener. F8EA3509-8CFB-424F-BC8F-C4EFE6575470.jpeg

Gorgouse
These were from your granny ?
How wonderful to remember her by
i bet she would be happy your going to wear them
Those studs are as old as me

What's a pearl shortner ?

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Just strung this bracelet from CMW with Sky thread. Had to remove 4 pieces but it's still too big. (wrist photo is not focused, sorry) This is what I get for eyeballing instead of calculating lol. CMW's silver photos suck. They looked horrible on the site but I had a feeling the "TOP" designation and "silver blue" description meant they were much nicer. Luckily it worked out in my favor! The color irl is closer to the thread than pictures show, and they glow even under my yucky yellow indoor lighting. Super happy with them! I also got the green blue bracelet but didn't string those up yet and those photograph black indoors. :rolleyes:

blue-silver bracelet 8.jpg blue-silver bracelet 6.jpg blue-silver bracelet 5.jpg blue-silver bracelet 3.jpg blue-silver bracelet 2.jpg blue-silver bracelet 1.jpg
blue-silver bracelet 4.jpg
cmw blue silver tahitian bracelet 1.jpg cmw blue silver tahitian bracelet 8.jpg

eloisegirl

Shiny_Rock
Gorgouse
These were from your granny ?
How wonderful to remember her by
i bet she would be happy your going to wear them
Those studs are as old as me

What's a pearl shortner ?

A pearl shortener is a one inch pin with tiny pearls that you use to clip the two strands together. For instance if I had a 24” strand which I wanted to wear as 20”, I would use the shortener and clip the two strands together behind my neck; the clipped pearls would drape down the back of my neck but the front would appear shorter.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just strung this bracelet from CMW with Sky thread. Had to remove 4 pieces but it's still too big. (wrist photo is not focused, sorry) This is what I get for eyeballing instead of calculating lol. CMW's silver photos suck. They looked horrible on the site but I had a feeling the "TOP" designation and "silver blue" description meant they were much nicer. Luckily it worked out in my favor! The color irl is closer to the thread than pictures show, and they glow even under my yucky yellow indoor lighting. Super happy with them! I also got the green blue bracelet but didn't string those up yet and those photograph black indoors. :rolleyes:

blue-silver bracelet 8.jpg blue-silver bracelet 6.jpg blue-silver bracelet 5.jpg blue-silver bracelet 3.jpg blue-silver bracelet 2.jpg blue-silver bracelet 1.jpg

Good eye for beautiful pearls! They look gorgeous.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
A pearl shortener is a one inch pin with tiny pearls that you use to clip the two strands together. For instance if I had a 24” strand which I wanted to wear as 20”, I would use the shortener and clip the two strands together behind my neck; the clipped pearls would drape down the back of my neck but the front would appear shorter.

When you have time to play can i see a picture please
So much to learn !

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

That's a beautiful colour
If they are even more beautiful in real life your on a win here !

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Now you’ve made me want Cadbury’s Mini Eggs and it’s only breakfast time here...

I love the colour range in your strand - they must be really uplifting to wear.
(Finished ours)
Even though some of them are dyed and they arnt even near the second best in the jewler's window they are just so happy
And even though they are shorter than i would like they are so light i don't even have the usual strangled feeling

Simple and Sparkly

Shiny_Rock
Pearl earrings are a staple for me. I had a pair that I purchased decades ago and are pretty worn out by now- that was long before I knew that there were pearls of such amazing quality out there! A few years after joining PS, I learned that tidbit and began my search. I am thrilled with my new earrings, sourced by the incredible @molinePDG! I have some metallic strands that I purchased a couple years ago, but I have never seen anything like these beautiful pearls! They are exactly the size I wanted and Andrew's customer service was impeccable! He went above and beyond to answer all my questions and teach me even more about pearls along the way!

Without further ado, 7.7mm top grade akoya pearl earrings, and they are gorgeous! I am thrilled to have these!!
IMG_6345.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results