shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Pearls!

mskuj

Rough_Rock
Trade
My Tahitian circle pearl collection is finished! The top three stands are my recent acquisitions. These are going to be my summer Tahitians to wear with tank tops and sandals. I see myself wearing these in the park, taking the dogs for a walk, and by the outside fire pit when we have summer barbecues. I am just longing for warm weather.

IMG_8442 (2).jpg

Wow Lisa these are stunning! Loving the colours!

mskuj

Rough_Rock
Trade
The baroque strand is 11.90 x 10.40mm. The pearl pair's size is 10.47 mm.
The vendor's name is Cees Van Oije from Amsterdam Pearl. He's located in the Netherlands. Occasionally he has a strand of bluish wssp. I got my gssp strand from him a few years ago.

My oh my, that clasp is perfect for those pearls.

mskuj

Rough_Rock
Trade
I had to laugh at 'posting sticky notes throughout the house that say 'do not buy anymore pearls!''. Can you EVER have too many pearls? =) I love the colour of these Tahitians and blue Akoyas.

Wore my new Tahitians and long blue Akoya strand today. I've got one more strand of Akoya's coming and one bigger strand of Tahitians that should arrive tomorrow. After that I am posting sticky notes throughout the house that say "Do not buy anymore pearls!"

IMG_7758.jpg

SparklyBandit

Rough_Rock
My first picture post sitting at my home desk.

This is a ringed baroque rope I tripled up today. From an fantastic Etsy vendor OceanRhyme. I have little Tiffany akoya studs, but huge SS studs on the way.
DB1DFB68-1176-46E2-92EA-5F2530627F40.jpeg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooo pretty! Does it stay nested like it or do you need to readjust now and then?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

This is a ringed baroque rope I tripled up today. From an fantastic Etsy vendor OceanRhyme. I have little Tiffany akoya studs, but huge SS studs on the way.
White pearls look good on you! :cool2:

So about those south seas that are on the way... How big will they be? Will they be white? ::)

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmm. Maybe I’m wearing mine wrong. When I double my rope it shifts all over the place!

SparklyBandit

Rough_Rock
White pearls look good on you! :cool2:

So about those south seas that are on the way... How big will they be? Will they be white? ::)
I will share once they are on my ears!! Haha.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock

Pretty necklace! I really like her pearls.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Mukti - ooooo I do love that clasp !!
SparklyB - Love your triple wrap ! Aren't long ropes great ! As for the 'shifting' comment , I find that the heavier ropes tend to move more. Looking forward to your big earrings !

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Something kinda excitting - maybe mum is trying to cheer me up from the great beyound =)2

But i was looking for something and i was poking around and i came across the box with mum's junk and broken jewlery (aka my sister's rejects:wink2:)
My mum didn't do much fabulous fashion jewlery so im thinking this little brooch was grandma's, ive never really looked at it before but i did the teeth test and its gritty:appl:

Defiantly gritty because i had some fake ones in the same box to compair
Ok not the best pearls but they have at least as much luster as my mall jewler strands

So then i got the old loup out and it has two stamps on it but my eyes asn't great but im thinking its silver
Gary said silver isnt worth much .....

but duh ! :doh:

that's not the point:wall:

- im not my ultra snobby sister:snooty: !

I'll get a bail put on it and wear it as a pendant, im thinking it might look nice with mum's silver Singapore twist:love: (another of my sister's rejects:roll2:)

In the same box was a junky ring with a pink glass looking stone that is too big to have ever been mum's or grandma's .....
..... but as i had the loup out ....
9 carrot rose gold :rodent: 20210225_125052_013.jpg
So there Rosy! (My sister) My score !:appl:
Thanks mum =)2
(or grandma=)2)
One day i might put a cheapie gem stone in it - just for fun !
First it needs all the gunk cleaned off it :lol:

20210225_124951.jpg

Last edited:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Something kinda excitting - maybe mum is trying to cheer me up from the great beyound =)2

But i was looking for something and i was poking around and i came across the box with mum's junk and broken jewlery (aka my sister's rejects:wink2:)
My mum didn't do much fabulous fashion jewlery so im thinking this little brooch was grandma's, ive never really looked at it before but i did the teeth test and its gritty:appl:

Defiantly gritty because i had some fake ones in the same box to compair
Ok not the best pearls but they have at least as much luster as my mall jewler strands

So then i got the old loup out and it has two stamps on it but my eyes asn't great but im thinking its silver
Gary said silver isnt worth much .....

but duh ! :doh:

that's not the point:wall:

- im not my ultra snobby sister:snooty: !

I'll get a bail put on it and wear it as a pendant, im thinking it might look nice with mum's silver Singapore twist:love: (another of my sister's rejects:roll2:)

In the same box was a junky ring with a pink glass looking stone that is too big to have ever been mum's or grandma's .....
..... but as i had the loup out ....
9 carrot rose gold :rodent: 20210225_125052_013.jpg
So there Rosy! (My sister) My score !:appl:
Thanks mum =)2
(or grandma=)2)
One day i might put a cheapie gem stone in it - just for fun !
First it needs all the gunk cleaned off it :lol:

20210225_124951.jpg

These are both very nice! The pin is really special. I'm sure they are akoyas!
And the ring is so pretty! You must show us when it is cleaned up.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
These are both very nice! The pin is really special. I'm sure they are akoyas!
And the ring is so pretty! You must show us when it is cleaned up.

Oh that's cool :appl: :appl: :appl:
Thank you
Lucky they don't look pitted or anything
They were inside a (i use the term loosely) jewlery box i made at woodwork at intermediate school, an entire generation of mothers were soooooo lucky:wink2:)

Edit. Oh i forgot to say the ring is soaking
Edit #2 - can't wait to tell my sister :lol:

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
How lovely to have two pretty pieces from your mom ! A jeweler could buff up the ring nicely and check to make sure the stone is secure. I'm sure the pin is Akoya given it's age.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
How lovely to have two pretty pieces from your mom ! A jeweler could buff up the ring nicely and check to make sure the stone is secure. I'm sure the pin is Akoya given it's age.

Thank you
im really excitted about the brooch
here is the funny but fun little (but big finger size) ring
i assume the pearl thread won't self destruct if i post a picture ?
Apologies in advance if ive bent the rules
I want to replace the glass with something cheap & cheerful like a smoky quartz 20210225_125055.jpg

eloisegirl

Shiny_Rock
Thank you
im really excitted about the brooch
here is the funny but fun little (but big finger size) ring
i assume the pearl thread won't self destruct if i post a picture ?
Apologies in advance if ive bent the rules
I want to replace the glass with something cheap & cheerful like a smoky quartz 20210225_125055.jpg
I am so happy you received a message from your mom. That pearl pin is gorgeous. If you don’t want it as a brooch a jeweller could put a flip- up bail so you could wear it as a pendant. Or what about pinning it onto a hair band? Either way, congrats!

eloisegirl

Shiny_Rock
New pearl has joined my family of loose pearls. Not sure what I’m doing but no harm in gathering pearls that thrill me, right? LOL. The GSS said they would keep new pearl company. 436871A5-85F2-445B-8F17-DE096DBA5926.jpeg

oceanblue

Shiny_Rock
New pearl has joined my family of loose pearls. Not sure what I’m doing but no harm in gathering pearls that thrill me, right? LOL. The GSS said they would keep new pearl company. 436871A5-85F2-445B-8F17-DE096DBA5926.jpeg

Love your treasures!

eloisegirl

Shiny_Rock
New nuggets arrived this morning from Wen pearls. Little rainbow shapes for a long strand with some baroque Tahitians and white freshwaters thrown in randomly. Will send to SimplyAdorned4u for her creative input. Check out these tasty little rainbows! 12B9E2E5-E029-4E82-894F-0FF423851A12.jpeg

Attachments

• F814530A-09DA-4072-8A3D-7DF8C87D6AB9.jpeg
    F814530A-09DA-4072-8A3D-7DF8C87D6AB9.jpeg
    185 KB · Views: 17
  • ACE0F3B0-1D53-42D9-A482-2C54DE42A9E5.jpeg
    ACE0F3B0-1D53-42D9-A482-2C54DE42A9E5.jpeg
    140.2 KB · Views: 15

Mukti

Shiny_Rock

Love your GSS especially the right one with the pink eye. The luster is marvelous.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am so happy you received a message from your mom. That pearl pin is gorgeous. If you don’t want it as a brooch a jeweller could put a flip- up bail so you could wear it as a pendant. Or what about pinning it onto a hair band? Either way, congrats!
Thank you =)2
And a flip up bail sounds a great idea

Mukti

Shiny_Rock
An ombre AA quality Tahitian pearls necklace from Manapearl. I bought it a few years ago for my Christmas present.
_20210225_203510.JPG

I often wear it with my Kamoka studs.

Attachments

• _20210225_204011.JPG
    _20210225_204011.JPG
    71.6 KB · Views: 11

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gorgeous shape, luster and reads a gorgeous green color on my monitor.
An ombre AA quality Tahitian pearls necklace from Manapearl. I bought it a few years ago for my Christmas present.
_20210225_203510.JPG

I often wear it with my Kamoka studs.
I love how you photograph your beautiful pearls in the snow. It is surreal. Beautiful graduation of colors. At the clasp ends- are those tiny Tahitians? I've not seen anything like this before and I love it.

New nuggets arrived this morning from Wen pearls. Little rainbow shapes for a long strand with some baroque Tahitians and white freshwaters thrown in randomly. Will send to SimplyAdorned4u for her creative input. Check out these tasty little rainbows! 12B9E2E5-E029-4E82-894F-0FF423851A12.jpeg

The luster on those are fantastic! I love these grey, rainbow colors. They look amazing in every light. I can't wait to see the finished piece or pieces.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results