shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Pearls!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I haven't posted for a long while here. This is what I'm expecting to receive from Cees from Amsterdam Pearl.
A baroque bluish south sea pearl strand and a pair of its matching earrings.
received_3488511511277400.jpeg

Lovely! They will be so easy to wear with anything! I love a baroque strand.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven't posted for a long while here. This is what I'm expecting to receive from Cees from Amsterdam Pearl.
A baroque bluish south sea pearl strand and a pair of its matching earrings.
received_3488511511277400.jpeg

Gorgeous! That is exactly the color, shape, and luster I want with a baroque SS pearl necklace. I bought and returned a strand because it did not have the qualities that your necklace has. May I ask the size of the pearls and the vendor?

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My Tahitian circle pearl collection is finished! The top three stands are my recent acquisitions. These are going to be my summer Tahitians to wear with tank tops and sandals. I see myself wearing these in the park, taking the dogs for a walk, and by the outside fire pit when we have summer barbecues. I am just longing for warm weather.

IMG_8442 (2).jpg

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
My Tahitian circle pearl collection is finished! The top three stands are my recent acquisitions. These are going to be my summer Tahitians to wear with tank tops and sandals. I see myself wearing these in the park, taking the dogs for a walk, and by the outside fire pit when we have summer barbecues. I am just longing for warm weather.

IMG_8442 (2).jpg

These are incredible. I especially love the inner two - really fun strands. May I ask where you got them from?

Mukti

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous! That is exactly the color, shape, and luster I want with a baroque SS pearl necklace. I bought and returned a strand because it did not have the qualities that your necklace has. May I ask the size of the pearls and the vendor?

The baroque strand is 11.90 x 10.40mm. The pearl pair's size is 10.47 mm.
The vendor's name is Cees Van Oije from Amsterdam Pearl. He's located in the Netherlands. Occasionally he has a strand of bluish wssp. I got my gssp strand from him a few years ago.

Attachments

• _20210209_104811.JPG
    _20210209_104811.JPG
    157.7 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank You! And so cost friendly. The top and lower middle strand was bought pre-loved and unworn (one was not strung).

The other two strands were from Wen Pearls on Etsy. I bought her loose, circle peacock pearls for the smaller necklace. The big strand was a one off from Wen. She usually drops a bunch of Tahitians at a time. She had a lot of strands but they did not interest me enough to buy. I still liked to look at Etsy pearls during lunch break. Then one day- after a week of those strands being posted, this big strand showed up. She described them as peacock 11-14mm. I was pleasantly surprised on how nice they were when they arrived.

@Mukti - Thank you for the vendor. Your golden SS strand is so beautiful. I love the snow picture.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Thank You! And so cost friendly. The top and lower middle strand was bought pre-loved and unworn (one was not strung).

The other two strands were from Wen Pearls on Etsy. I bought her loose, circle peacock pearls for the smaller necklace. The big strand was a one off from Wen. She usually drops a bunch of Tahitians at a time. She had a lot of strands but they did not interest me enough to buy. I still liked to look at Etsy pearls during lunch break. Then one day- after a week of those strands being posted, this big strand showed up. She described them as peacock 11-14mm. I was pleasantly surprised on how nice they were when they arrived.

@Mukti - Thank you for the vendor. Your golden SS strand is so beautiful. I love the snow picture.

Nice find! Her pearls are so affordable too!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice find! Her pearls are so affordable too!

Thank you. I have a system from buying from Wen. I usually like her earring or loose pearls. In any given strand or order I plan to not use 20-40% of the pearls which is still quite affordable. Wen has really nice pearls but in my experience there will usually be a few low luster or blemished pearls mixed in. But to be fair- she has sent me two very high grade pearl strands. Both were one-off strands that showed up days after the original drop of Tahitian pearls.

Mukti

Shiny_Rock

IMG_8442 (2).jpg

Love your colorful peacock Tahitians :kiss2:

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock

IMG_8442 (2).jpg

@Lisa Loves Shiny Are these the same pearls that you will use in the long rope? Or will you keep them in shorter strands and simply link them together when you want a long rope? Either way, they're gorgeous. I adore seeing LOTS of things together. :bigsmile:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

IMG_8442 (2).jpg

I promise the warm weather is headed your way, so those Tahitians wont have to wait long

this morning, although sunny is chilly still
its 9.58 and Borris is still in bed and Tibby has gone back to bed
heavy dew on the grass and the sun just seems to be getting up latter and going to bed earlier
And shock horror our Autumn flowering Hoheria tree - that i look forward to every Autumn - is in full bloom already

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
The baroque strand is 11.90 x 10.40mm. The pearl pair's size is 10.47 mm.
The vendor's name is Cees Van Oije from Amsterdam Pearl. He's located in the Netherlands. Occasionally he has a strand of bluish wssp. I got my gssp strand from him a few years ago.

What beauties !
And i love the clasp !

Mukti

Shiny_Rock
Here’s a vintage 1960s pair of earrings with pearls and turquoise I picked up at a church sale for less than ten dollars. I like to wear these around the house. C6D3F7A6-F7BD-41ED-828B-3A7BB1362E8D.jpeg

Love the design of the earrings :kiss2:

eloisegirl

Shiny_Rock
14k mabe omega pearl earrings which were five dollars at a thrift shop. Pretty happy with these. I remember wanting this style in the eighties. Only took me thirty-five years to get them! 708904BF-2B5E-448D-B9AD-EE34C5FAB3F8.jpeg

Mukti

Shiny_Rock
My silvery keshi pendant from Agustus-Collection, I bought this a few years ago.
_20210220_200547.JPG

And my order from Cees finally arrived. I'm going to string the pearls myself but first I have to find the right clasp. The pearls look silvery in the picture. IRL there's an ice blue shimmer over the pearls' white body color.
_20210220_200500.JPG

elizat

Ideal_Rock
My silvery keshi pendant from Agustus-Collection, I bought this a few years ago.
_20210220_200547.JPG

And my order from Cees finally arrived. I'm going to string the pearls myself but first I have to find the right clasp. The pearls look silvery in the picture. IRL there's an ice blue shimmer over the pearls' white body color.
_20210220_200500.JPG

The pendant is really pretty! Love the color and rainbow tones.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
_20210220_200547.JPG

_20210220_200500.JPG

Oh how I love this icy, silvery SS strand. The interesting shapes along with the color- swoon worthy.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results