Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Pearls!

Sallyjane

Rough_Rock
This is my first post! Through the years I never cared that much for pearls. And then about 5 or 8 years ago I saw a design I liked in a jewelry catalog online, they were listed as Mikimoto A+ 8mm. I never heard of Mikimoto, and knew nothing of the grading. I bought them online, and when they arrived, WOW! It was then I realized for the first time how extraordinary pearls could be! They aren't boring at all if they are good quality. I haven't bought any other pearls since, but right now I'm thinking of buying again, and am trying to learn what's what. I now know that AAA is the top grade, or for some Hanadama. From what I'm reading here, I gather that grading is subjective. So what one supplier might call AAA might be graded lower by another. That makes buying online kind of difficult.

I am only interested in earrings or rings. I wouldn't have an occasion to wear a pearl necklace.

Pearls_05.jpg Pearls_02.jpg Pearls_01.jpg
Beautiful :kiss2:

Sallyjane

Rough_Rock
Another recent purchase. I don't have a light box just an Iphone so my pictures are never great. A change in lighting can totally alter how any Tahitian strand appears in photos. This is a 10-14mm strand. I find this strand very soothing with it's cooler tones.

IMG_1608.jpg

IMG_1896.jpg
Beautiful

Pinkmartini87

Shiny_Rock
One more photo! This most closely resembles the color I see in real life. Using my sapphire ring which is more familiar to me as I’ve had it for a while now to tell if the overall color is right.

Ladies, any tips what earrings to wear with this strand? I’m thinking plain diamond studs but would welcome suggestions!

80842D34-587C-4E9B-95FC-AEE2C97B88A2.jpeg

Pinkmartini87

Shiny_Rock
@Sallyjane Thanks! What are you going to do with your pretties? You have so many!!! Layer them luxuriously around your neck? Make some bracelets out of them?

Sallyjane

Rough_Rock
@Sallyjane Thanks! What are you going to do with your pretties? You have so many!!! Layer them luxuriously around your neck? Make some bracelets out of them?
Well Thank you I am rather fond of them though they are only freshwater dyed pearls vintage . They need restrung and I am going to have just one 16 inch necklace and the rest in a bib style with a clasp . I did think they were Tahitians but some very knowledgeable ladies enlightened me. I find they still mesmerize me though .

vuhuong88

Rough_Rock
View attachment 713503
Pearls is awesome! Needless to say we are extremely satisfied with the results. I was amazed at the quality of Pearls

Victor Ang

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone. Good day to you all! I am thinking to buy my Aunt's second hand pearls but I am not sure how to read the grade of it. How would you know if the pearls freshwater or saltwater cultured pearls?

LisaRN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got bored last night and decided to shorten a white FW pearl rope into two necklaces. I added Hematite beads for some holiday bling and to make them a bit less formal. Shortened my ripple pearl necklace and added some Tahitians to the flameball pearl necklace.

Also- added a pic of a darker toned Tahitian necklace which I am contemplating adding some lighter Tahitians too. Not sure if I should break up the uniformity of tone. Thoughts?

Attachments

LisaRN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I first started collecting pearls I wanted classic white pearls strung traditionally. But my tastes have changed and I wanted to do something fun with the strands I bought from Pearlescence. I decided to make two strands of 10-11mm white pearls with gemstone beads for the Holidays. We are going to a Christmas light event and I am wearing this one with baroque silver Akoyas.

IMG_3415 (1).jpg

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.