shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Pearls!

AnnaGraceDreamPearls

Rough_Rock
Trade
Your pearl necklaces look real to me. Pearls of any shapes or colors as long as they are all natural, they are beautiful and can be part of the fashion not only just accessories, and they are a consumer choice of preference. The most important is that you as an owner are happy about your pearls. These are not true baroque pearls you are wearing, but they are pretty and chunky. The true baroque pearls are like hearts in flat two dimensional, and some are like wrapped candies in three-dimensional. And they are huge in size like at least 13 mm. Some of my customers are big fans of baroque pearls too. Thanks for sharing your pearls.

AnnaGraceDreamPearls

Rough_Rock
Trade
This freshwater oval shape pearl necklace matches nicely with the patterns on your wedding dress. Because it is a choker style, it showoffs nicely your figure. Thanks for sharing your necklace.

AnnaGraceDreamPearls

Rough_Rock
Trade
Aged premium pearl necklaces are treasure to keep given these are Mikimoto. They are investment pieces. They are of high grading, perfect round (which is hard to find nowadays), good luster and without flaws (as far as I can see on photo). One suggestion, the threads near the clasp area are worn and needs to be restrung if I am not mistaken with minimal cost. If you get restrung, they should use double threads and double knots technique to restring the pearls to give extra safety. Hope you don't mind my opinion as a pearl merchant and designer. Thanks for sharing your beautiful necklaces.

AnnaGraceDreamPearls

Rough_Rock
Trade
I like the pearl flower earrings with the hanging pearls. Very pretty and feminine ! If the pearls can be made detachable which is even greater. Most jeweler can fix it to add an extra loop on the pearls to hook up with other earrings pieces. So you can wear the flowers pieces or the dangle earrings alone or together as multi-functional accessories or showcase pieces by themselves. I do it for my customers or my own earrings too. Thanks for sharing your beautiful earrings.

Pattye

Shiny_Rock
Trade
AnnaGraceDreamPearls|1369761060|3455116 said:
Your pearl necklaces look real to me. Pearls of any shapes or colors as long as they are all natural, they are beautiful and can be part of the fashion not only just accessories, and they are a consumer choice of preference. The most important is that you as an owner are happy about your pearls. These are not true baroque pearls you are wearing, but they are pretty and chunky. The true baroque pearls are like hearts in flat two dimensional, and some are like wrapped candies in three-dimensional. And they are huge in size like at least 13 mm. Some of my customers are big fans of baroque pearls too. Thanks for sharing your pearls.

Just thought I'd mention the GIA (Gemological Institute of America) definition of baroque pearl: Baroque - Non-symmetrical shape with a noticeably irregular appearance.

AGDP, I am thinking when you say "all natural" you mean all natural color? Otherwise it can be somewhat confusing. A "natural pearl" is one that forms without being cultured, and is extremely rare.

How delightful to have 22 pages and 4 years worth of lovely pearls all in one thread! :appl: :appl: :appl:

alice87

Shiny_Rock
AnnaGraceDreamPearls|1369762207|3455130 said:
I like the pearl flower earrings with the hanging pearls. Very pretty and feminine ! If the pearls can be made detachable which is even greater. Most jeweler can fix it to add an extra loop on the pearls to hook up with other earrings pieces. So you can wear the flowers pieces or the dangle earrings alone or together as multi-functional accessories or showcase pieces by themselves. I do it for my customers or my own earrings too. Thanks for sharing your beautiful earrings.
Thank you Anna! I like them as it is. I have plenty of Pandora to play and interchange if I am in an interchangeable mood. I prefer earrings to be one design.

alice87

Shiny_Rock
Another one I made. Most pearls are AA from PP, white and black FWP. Small one's are from gemfair vendor.

ppnew.jpg

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like that lots, alice! you are very creative!

AnnaGraceDreamPearls

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hi Pattye,

Thank you for showing the definition of Baroque Pearls. I am just explaining it in more layman terms. What I meant by all natural is untreated unpolished undyed pearls reviewing it's natural color, size and shape. All pearls now even saltwater pearls are cultured under control environment. Agreed.

alice87

Shiny_Rock
movie zombie|1369839577|3455677 said:
I like that lots, alice! you are very creative!
Thank you!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
alice87|1369836179|3455645 said:
Another one I made. Most pearls are AA from PP, white and black FWP. Small one's are from gemfair vendor.

I really love this!
It's so fun, and gorgeous! :naughty:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Wow, all three strands are beautiful! I'd wear any of them in a heartbeat! Enjoy wearing yours and what lovely, generous gifts you've bought for others.

Pattye

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Thank you all. here are my Sea of Cortez baroque treasures~I only have a pocket camera so cannot completely capture the beauty of these. Darker, shorter strand is 23 inches, pearls 11.5-8mm, longer, lighter colored strand, 31 inches, 10-8.5mm. Love their rosy little cheeks blue and green overtones~I hope you are not disappointed; these are not the fabulous round strands that can take years to collect and would have been totally out of my budget. I thought about combining into one long necklace, and of course, could do that later. The necklaces have been restrung and changed from their original configuration when purchased from Care Ehret about 8 years ago. (One of the first restringing projects when I learned to knot.)

The mabes, too from Care. I'd love to have earrings in silver, too. These mabes are about 3/4 inch long. As you can see, the intense color on these is fabulous. She who wears SofC mabes will never feel they have "settled."

p1010003_exposure.jpg
p1010004_exposure.jpg
p1010007_exposure.jpg
p1010005_exposure.jpg

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
:shock:

Those are breathtaking. Thank you so much for sharing! I'd love to see them on if you ever got a moment....

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Swoon :appl: :appl: :appl: Pattye they are truly stunning and breathtakingly beautiful! I think your strands have lovely shaped pearls. I would love some SoC mabe pieces ~ wow the colors are just fantastic! Thanks so much for sharing.

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
Just breathtaking Pattye! And I bet in real life they are even more stunning!! Thank you for sharing!

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
These are Pattye's Sea of Cortez pearl strands , mabe earrings and pendant and her abalone pearl pendant. The colors on these pearls are out of this world.

_7435.jpg

_7436.jpg

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Pattye! They are out of this world. I feel as though I've been given a precious gift even being able to see them. I can't imagine what it must be like to wear them!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Pattye -- I'm really digging the mabes. They're officially on my "want" list!

Pattye

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Mrs.Taylor, LitGeek, Misskittycat, Bsomlo, and all of you pearl connoisseurs here, many thanks for your kind remarks! Fun to show you something you might not have seen before. The 2013 yearly pearl harvest is just starting; new gems will start appearing over the next few months. My great admiration for Douglas and his team of marine biologists committed to sustainable pearl farming only makes me love S of C pearls more. (The same admiration and respect I have for Josh and Kamoka Pearls.) More fascinating info here and a small shop of lovelies: http://www.perlas.com.mx/blog/

NacreLover, UPC (Ultimate Pearl Connoisseur) special thank you for posting the photos, too! I've been meaning to take new pics of the natural abalone pendant.

alice87

Shiny_Rock
beautiful sea of cortez! Thank you for sharing!

alice87

Shiny_Rock
thank you!!! I just love them!

jenncent

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I wanted to share this pic of my 3 ropes, all together. :)

ropes.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Sensual, that's all I can say...!

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
perfection!

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
I like the lavender one the best. Thanks for the picture.

jenncent

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Thank you!! All the soft colours look wonderful with plain black and white tops. Lucky for me, I like neutral clothing. :)

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
I want more info on the rounds. I know the color is graduated, but I forget everything else. lol.

jenncent

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Half are AAA, half are AA+. I can see the difference quote easily. They are 11-9mm, but just a few in the 9mm area, so most of what you see on me is 10-11mm. :) And 66".

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results