shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Pearls!

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Kelly12, Add a pearl necklaces have been a favorite for years. Grandmothers, mothers, aunts and Godmothers gift these to their favorite little girl. Then for birthday's , and holidays a new pearl is added to the strand. Once the girl is now a woman the necklace is filled. You can find these on ebay for sale in all sorts of lengths and MM size pearls.
Now that freshwater round pearls are available at such reasonable price points, there is no reason not to gift pearls to even the smallest girl for their training jewelry.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Had to take a break from work and post in "show me your pearls" thread now that it's back.

outside to inside - CC kasumi-like fw, PP tahitians, Macy's fw (gift), CC fw, Ebay rice fw (my first ever pearls bought in HS), TJ Maxx fw bracelets (gift), Shopnbc fw ring (purchased long time ago when they had decent jewelry).

showmepearls1.jpg

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
My wedding pearls from my husband

photo__2_8.jpg

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
These were my moms--they're white 7.5mm AAAA Akoya, 16" strand. They've been in a safe for years and I just got them back the other day. I was so happy to see them!

imageuploadedbytapatalk1357883740.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk1357883797.jpg

emeraldluvr

Rough_Rock
LOVE all the pearl earrings. Very beautiful!

kalomeli

Shiny_Rock
A couple of pics of my favorite pearl strands. The silver-gray strand is 9.5-10.5 mm. Inexpensive but fun, lately I've worn them as a bracelet a lot.

The strand with double-pearls is my absolute favorite! This strand has an amazing lustre but unfortunately they don't present themselves very well in my pics although they have ruined some pics before being the most light reflecting thing in the pic! :naughty: I just love these interesting shapes and colors they have and also their size as the biggest pearl is nearly an inch long.

I also have a strand and matching bracelets of round white 8 mm pearls, but I don't wear them much since round pearls don't really float my boat or at least they have to have something other thing interesting if not the shape. Another favorite is a modern parure of silver and pink pearls (necklace, bracelet and earrings) from Kalevala Jewelry which I usually wear in more formal situations.

imag0814.jpg

imag0813.jpg

alice87

Shiny_Rock
Great topic, I've got so much info from reading it. Thanks a lot!

alice87

Shiny_Rock
Just an adorable selection. Kasumi-like strand is very pretty.

alice87

Shiny_Rock
I just recently got this one. FWP strand with iolites and mermaid clasp. etsy2_0.jpg

ladidalola

Shiny_Rock
Enchante|1350635634|3288413 said:
The first south sea pearls I bought: 12.3mm white South seas on a small diamond hoop.

I wear them very often because they are so versatile and wow enough without being OTT, so subsequently I added another pair of 11.2mm very pale goldens that I could change about with.

Together:

On the ears:

Taking pictures, editing them to right size, and getting them uploaded is tiring!

Maybe we'll have to wait till tomorrow to get started on my Tahitians.....
:cheeky:

I have almost exactly the same earrings! I only have white south sea pearl drops for now though... I'd love to have a golden pair of south sea pearls as well! :)

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
Here is a selection of my pearls. I still have to take a picture of my two Catherine Cardellini strands.

Most of my pearls seem to be less traditional. Baroques, mixed with different gemstones, onyx etc...

The first is a four strand baroque pearl necklace, alternating cream and silver freshwater baroques.

The second necklace is a three strand graduated necklace with onyx beads and slightly oval white freshwater pearls.

img_845.jpg

img_4704.jpg

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
Here are some of my more traditional strands.

First, an oval freshwater strand. Mr K gave it to me a few years ago for my birthday.

And a drop circle strand I purchased about a year ago.

And together. I don't normally wear them together but I do think they look pretty!

img_4714.jpg

img_4711.jpg

img_4713.jpg

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
And, just for fun...

A necklace friends of mine made. It's a pink and cream freshwater and smoky quartz bead necklace:

You can buy it here on sale at the moment! http://www.redphoenixemporium.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=305&category_id=19&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=57

And My Alexis Bittar triple strand. I know they aren't real pearls but they are still wonderful and I wear them a lot :appl:

I also have a lovely strand of smaller silver Alexis Bittar pearls with a large pearl in the centre and a piece of silver hardware similar to the strands above. Should really dig them out and take a photo!

img_4710.jpg

img_4717.jpg

alice87

Shiny_Rock
misskittycat|1366168009|3428656 said:
Here is a selection of my pearls. I still have to take a picture of my two Catherine Cardellini strands.

Most of my pearls seem to be less traditional. Baroques, mixed with different gemstones, onyx etc...

The first is a four strand baroque pearl necklace, alternating cream and silver freshwater baroques.

The second necklace is a three strand graduated necklace with onyx beads and slightly oval white freshwater pearls.
Such a lovely collection! I like your combination with gemstone. Especially onyx and pearls. I am looking forward to make something similar, just in opposite fashion, pearls on the back, and onyx in front. I saw somebody posted a designer pic a while ago, and I like how onyx looks with pearls.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous collection! I love each piece but the pearl and onyx really caught my eye. So cool.

Harpertoo

Brilliant_Rock
I don't wear pearls often anymore, but when I was by young I loved them! My favorite ring was an old one my uncle gave me.
It's the beat-up ring with the seed pearls all around...some cleaved, some whole. I wore that ring constantly all through HS, and most of college. I still love it despite the condition. I always thought of it as Art Deco, but really I have no idea of era or origin.

_5625.jpg

_5626.jpg

alice87

Shiny_Rock
A fun necklace I designed with my friend. Pink corals, black spinels, seed pearls and a felted flower.

dsc04802.jpg

alice87

Shiny_Rock
4 comparison photos. The round FW studs pearls earrings are from PP. The button FW pearls stud earrings are from Honora. They are pretty similar in my opinion. Just the shape makes them different. I think Honora one has more rose undertone color in them.

dsc04809.jpg

dsc04811.jpg

dsc04813.jpg

dsc04814.jpg

alice87

Shiny_Rock
Some ear shots.
The black akoyas are from Nahoku.
The flowery earrings are from Ben Bridge.
The 7 mm akoyas are from PP.
The 9-10 mm are FWP from PP.

pakoya.jpg

pbakoya.jpg

pben.jpg

_5854.jpg

alice87

Shiny_Rock
10 mm FWP Honora ear shot

phon.jpg

mynattk

Shiny_Rock
Looove those little black akoya studs!

Pattye

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Alice87,

You have perfect earrings to wear for any occasion! They look terrific on you, thank you for the photos.

alice87

Shiny_Rock
mynattk|1367943253|3442006 said:
Looove those little black akoya studs!
Thank you! I bought them in Hawaii. I was looking for tiny-tiny earrings, when I saw them, I just felt in love. I love Nahoku!

alice87

Shiny_Rock
Pattye|1368028851|3442786 said:
Alice87,

You have perfect earrings to wear for any occasion! They look terrific on you, thank you for the photos.
Thank you so much!

alice87

Shiny_Rock
My last project. It is a matte onyx, and pearls of different size. The closest one to onyx, are 2 freshadama pearls from PP. Except the small one's it is FW AA pearls from PP, and the smallest are 4 mm from pearl vendor from gemfair. The black one's are akoya from PP.

dsc04873.jpg

dsc04874.jpg

dsc04875.jpg

styringca

Rough_Rock
Wow,nice work you have done! I like pearl stud earrings most among all the pearl work.

AnnaGraceDreamPearls

Rough_Rock
Trade
Your strand of white pearls with rosy pink /silver overtone is very nice. In terms of roundness, luster & color is of high-end grading. You just need to keep them well with proper maintenance to get longer lasting shine.

AnnaGraceDreamPearls

Rough_Rock
Trade
Your pink / peach / white pearls are very pretty with mirror luster and with beautiful rainbow overtone. The black south-sea is also stunning even with the rings on the pearls. I like myself this kind of odd shape to review the original beauty. With proper maintenance, you will get a lasting shine for these pearls. Thanks for sharing your beautiful necklaces.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results