shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your: moi et toi / cuff rings

mjea

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone

If this thread already exists please let me know! I’ve seen a lot of threads asking for design help and maybe some one off threads sharing finished projects, but I did not see in searches a dedicated thread for photos of PSers beautiful moi et toi and/or cuff ring collections!

Thank you!

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
I don't have one myself to add but am watching this thread because I have several plans for moi et toi that I want to eventually do.

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
Much more simple than most, but here’s mine!
53A9E9AE-80CD-44FA-9313-F89B9DA4CC78.jpeg

This is lovely! I am thinking of converting a pair of rarely worn studs into a ring similar to this, but was unsure how two rounds would look together. So many Toi et Moi rings are stone of different shape/color. Would you share the carat weight of the stones, please?

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
This is lovely! I am thinking of converting a pair of rarely worn studs into a ring similar to this, but was unsure how two rounds would look together. So many Toi et Moi rings are stone of different shape/color. Would you share the carat weight of the stones, please?

Sure! They’re each a half carat.

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
Sure! They’re each a half carat.

I forgot to mention- this is a size 7, so there’s a good amount of coverage with this carat weight. I didn’t know if it would look substantial but I think it hits a sweet spot for me- not dainty and not honking. I think it would be a nice and relatively inexpensive way to repurpose studs.

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
I forgot to mention- this is a size 7, so there’s a good amount of coverage with this carat weight. I didn’t know if it would look substantial but I think it hits a sweet spot for me- not dainty and not honking. I think it would be a nice and relatively inexpensive way to repurpose studs.

This is very helpful, thank you! My studs are also half carat each, and this will help decide what finger to wear it on.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have 3 sets of CSs waiting to be set if that's allowed (apologies for the terrible pics as I don't have the original photos of the stones to hand, sorry!):

Aqua and Tourmaline:

Mis-match Pears (Aqua and Tourmaline).png

Sugar loaf cabs of Amethyst and Tourmaline on the left, and Garnet and ? Tourmaline on the right:

1666167678605.png

DK :))

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Loving this thread! Have a toi et moi ring project brewing so will save this for inspo!

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@llamacat -- your toi et moi by Alistair Kelsey is so beautiful!

The two gemstones are perfectly complementary, and I love the artful swirly setting design -- really an heirloom quality piece!

I just checked out AK's Insta page and read that your two stones are Spinels (lovely!), and that the ring is in Platinum, but
would you mind sharing more details, like:
- the ring size?
- and the Spinels' carat weights or mm dimensions?

Thank you

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am planning a cuff ring so I LOVE this thread!

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
Forgot to add mine. Got it several weeks ago. Made by Alistair Kelsey.
First pic is his glamour shot.
04EFFACA-DA6C-4706-B5AE-D68598311B50.jpeg

EFD6CFFA-D44E-43C8-971B-CF14FA773E72.jpeg

Love this design! Toi et Moi meets cluster!

llamacat

Rough_Rock
@llamacat -- your toi et moi by Alistair Kelsey is so beautiful!

The two gemstones are perfectly complementary, and I love the artful swirly setting design -- really an heirloom quality piece!

I just checked out AK's Insta page and read that your two stones are Spinels (lovely!), and that the ring is in Platinum, but
would you mind sharing more details, like:
- the ring size?
- and the Spinels' carat weights or mm dimensions?

Thank you

@marymm - thank you, yes it was because the stones match so well with eachother that I decided to do a toi et moi with them. The inspiration for the swirly design were some vintage toi et moi rings.

The stones are Vietnamese spinels, they're both slightly silky but still sparkly. The lavender one is 0.72ct and 5.8mm and the pink is 0.57ct and 5.01mm.

The diamond melee range from 1.1mm to 2.5mm - I've no idea what this works out to in pointers though!

The ring size works out to about US 5.25 I think.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mjea -

I started this thread a few years ago. There's some great rings in it. :))

And just to add one of my own - this is my Victorian rose gold ring, with a matched pair of 7mm pale pink akoyas from Takahashi. It's divine.

20210714_110013.jpg

20210714_110000.jpg

20210714_103500.jpg

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
Two of my fave moi et toi rings on PS- I hope @Elysian and @EC8 won’t mind my posting their rings.
1666327568192.jpeg

1666327415717.jpeg

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results