shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Show me your Luxury Watches!

petite_singe

Shiny_Rock
Oh no - how come the picture is this massive?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My wife's BD gift. A 31mm DJ, silver dial, 18K RG/SS on a super jubilee bracelet. Her old one was 26mm and she had trouble reading the time b/c her eyes are getting old. :bigsmile:
IMG_2253.jpg IMG_2272.jpg IMG_2257.jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Dancing Fire my hubby is wanting the new Tudor Black Bay GMT for his birthday. I've never really heard of them before other than they are a part of Rolex. Any thoughts on Tudor watches?

ohsomethingshiny

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow! Looking at thread makes me think that my Tag Heuer is like the Honda Accord of watches. :eek2:

Last edited:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Dancing Fire my hubby is wanting the new Tudor Black Bay GMT for his birthday. I've never really heard of them before other than they are a part of Rolex. Any thoughts on Tudor watches?
Catmom
The Tudor Black Bay GMT is a very popular watch with the WIS crowd. I have never owned a Tudor so I can't comment on them. I think the watch is running on Tudor's first in-house movement in the company's history. If he like the watch ...go for it!. :clap:

ohsomethingshiny

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
They had a two-fer sale (I wish!). Upgraded from Apple watches. :lol:

Him: Tag Carrera Caibre 7

Her: Tag Link

949409B0-1EB1-4A65-B394-B0D2D3F6D8E9.jpeg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Catmom
The Tudor Black Bay GMT is a very popular watch with the WIS crowd. I have never owned a Tudor so I can't comment on them. I think the watch is running on Tudor's first in-house movement in the company's history. If he like the watch ...go for it!. :clap:

Thanks DF. I think he is going to go for it.

Kaycee2018

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I just invested a significant amount of time enjoying all the posts in this thread! Beautiful watches, everyone! My husband is the watch person of the family. Here are some pics of his Tag H and our Rolex collection. His heart belongs to his Hulk :lol-2:. I wear my Datejust 31 tt daily and love it to bits. At some point I'd like to add a second Datejust 31, jibliee in ss/wg, but I'm torn on face color (either black or rhodium) and bling (a little, a lot or none), so taking my sweet time deciding.

WatchA.jpg
WatchB.jpg
WatchC.jpg

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
57049E4A-9642-4B0E-B903-D4DB0292C271.jpeg Adding my husband’s two new Rolexes: Submariner and GMT II BLNR.
WoW! very nice watches! :love:. How did he get hold of these two S/S Rolex sports watch?. The ADs around the world are keeping them in their safes b/c they will fetch above MSRP in the secondary market. About 10 months ago you can get a discount on these watches, but now the prices have gone through the roof.
nuts.gif

Boom

Shiny_Rock
Not a watch person, but I have two PPs that I rarely wear.
They reside in the watch winder most of the time.
Image00013.jpg Image00014.jpg
My favorite everyday watch is my Bulgari. It was a push present so it's almost 20 years old!
Image00015.jpg

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not a watch person, but I have two PPs that I rarely wear.
They reside in the watch winder most of the time.
Image00013.jpg Image00014.jpg
My favorite everyday watch is my Bulgari. It was a push present so it's almost 20 years old!
Image00015.jpg
Love your PP 5146 in RG. :wink2: DSCN0066.JPG

Loreal

Shiny_Rock
Premium
WoW! very nice watches! :love:. How did he get hold of these two S/S Rolex sports watch?. The ADs around the world are keeping them in their safes b/c they will fetch above MSRP in the secondary market. About 10 months ago you can get a discount on these watches, but now the prices have gone through the roof.
nuts.gif

My husband just called our local jewelry store in June, and they just happened to have the sub in store for another customer who wasn’t in a huge rush to buy it (it is a gift for her future husband, but their wedding is not until next year). When we picked up the sub, my husband put down a deposit on the BLNR and it just arrived last week. We were expecting to wait longer for it so we were pleasantly surprised that it arrived so quickly. *BTW, my husband almost purchased the sub and black GMT on a business trip to Texas. They had 3 in stock there, which as you know is a rarity.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not sure if this qualifies as a luxury watch, but here is my newest: Hermes Cape Cod. I couldn't resist that face.
IMG_4209.JPG

Arym

Rough_Rock
breguetpic.jpg This is my Breguet. It's a manual wind with only hours and minutes. I'm thinking of replacing the gold strap for a navy blue leather strap, to mirror the needles. But, it would have to be an after market job as Breguet only offer super shiny crocodile straps for this model, which I'm not keen on.

You have a stunning Breguet watch!! Do you know what model it is?

737liz

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Arym thanks, model is the 8560ba classique. I went in a couple years ago to look at buying it in white gold, but they don't make it anymore. Mine is from the early 2000s. It's the least showy, most simple low profile solid gold watch I could find at the time. It was a gift from my mother who insisted on yellow gold, which is so in-your-face that I hesitate to wear it as an everyday watch. My heart hurts a little because there was the same model in white gold that would have looked like stainless steel to the layman, and been much more wearable. But my mom thought it was too trendy to get white gold. It also costs an arm and a leg (or a sapphire and a ruby) to fully service every few years. :cry2:

Arym

Rough_Rock
Thank you I know what you mean! I love the look or rose gold and yellow gold but in a watch, white gold or stainless steel is more wearable and less showy. I love that about Breguet - it’s super elegant but wearable. The closest styles I’ve beem able to find are the Longines La Grande Classique, or I also like the stainless steel Cartier Panthere.

Your watch has a beautiful Art Deco feel to the bracelet and I wouldn’t change a thing about it!

Last edited:

MonkeysInk

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I have a 1980s (?) Oyster Perpetual Date that was my grandmother's. I need to replace the band, as it's rather stretched, but I feel terribly sentimental about the whole thing and haven't done it yet. Her initials are engraved on the clasp and there's a sweet inscription from my grandfather on the back.

IMG_2662.JPG

Octo2005

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have a 1980s (?) Oyster Perpetual Date that was my grandmother's. I need to replace the band, as it's rather stretched, but I feel terribly sentimental about the whole thing and haven't done it yet. Her initials are engraved on the clasp and there's a sweet inscription from my grandfather on the back.

IMG_2662.JPG
OH, how sweet! Maybe they could just remove a link for you. that way you can keep the piece intact.

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

IMG_2662.JPG

I love it! I’d like to get a watch “soon” that would be engraved on the back and passed down through generations, with names added. The Rolex OP is on my short list. :twisted2:

DorotheaBrooke

Brilliant_Rock
What a fabulous thread! I so enjoyed looking at everyone's beautiful watches. I've decided to buy myself an heirloom-quality watch for my 40th birthday that I can eventually pass down to my daughter. I have three years to save up. :) I'm taking my time deciding which watch to choose. Although I do not own a luxury watch yet, I figured I'd add eye candy to the thread, if that's okay. Here are the watches I've tried on so far.

The front-runner is a Rolex Datejust 31mm SS fluted bezel jubilee bracelet with roman numerals and MOP face. Of course, the most expensive. Maybe a 28mm would be better.
IMG_20180226_110411.jpg IMG_20180226_110416 (1).jpg

I also tried these two Rolex, but I definitely want a MOP face.
IMG_20180226_110713.jpg IMG_20180226_111748.jpg

I'm also drawn to Omega. Here's the Speedmaster Aqua Terra 34mm with (Gray and white) MOP face and diamond dial. The face is lovely, but too big and a bit chunky for my taste.

IMG_1278.jpg IMG_20180226_110009 (1).jpg

I randomly found the perfect Aqua Terra as an estate piece, 31mm in rose gold with diamond bezel and MOP face, but I'm sure it will be sold by the time I'm ready.
omega pg diamond.jpg
The Omega DeVille with MOP face. Lovely but not a top choice.
IMG_1280.jpg

I plan to try on the Cartier Ballon Bleu and Tank when I visit NYC soon. I'm open to any suggestions.

Hopefully, I can post my own watch here in a few years. :)

Attachments

• IMG_20180226_111752.jpg
    IMG_20180226_111752.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_20180226_111402 (1).jpg
    IMG_20180226_111402 (1).jpg
    165 KB · Views: 80

Happytobemrsg

Shiny_Rock
What a fabulous thread! I so enjoyed looking at everyone's beautiful watches. I've decided to buy myself an heirloom-quality watch for my 40th birthday that I can eventually pass down to my daughter. I have three years to save up. :) I'm taking my time deciding which watch to choose. Although I do not own a luxury watch yet, I figured I'd add eye candy to the thread, if that's okay. Here are the watches I've tried on so far.

The front-runner is a Rolex Datejust 31mm SS fluted bezel jubilee bracelet with roman numerals and MOP face. Of course, the most expensive. Maybe a 28mm would be better.
IMG_20180226_110411.jpg IMG_20180226_110416 (1).jpg

I also tried these two Rolex, but I definitely want a MOP face.
IMG_20180226_110713.jpg IMG_20180226_111748.jpg

I'm also drawn to Omega. Here's the Speedmaster Aqua Terra 34mm with (Gray and white) MOP face and diamond dial. The face is lovely, but too big and a bit chunky for my taste.

IMG_1278.jpg IMG_20180226_110009 (1).jpg

I randomly found the perfect Aqua Terra as an estate piece, 31mm in rose gold with diamond bezel and MOP face, but I'm sure it will be sold by the time I'm ready.
omega pg diamond.jpg
The Omega DeVille with MOP face. Lovely but not a top choice.
IMG_1280.jpg

I plan to try on the Cartier Ballon Bleu and Tank when I visit NYC soon. I'm open to any suggestions.

Hopefully, I can post my own watch here in a few years. :)

I like your first watch best. Seems more timeless to me

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results