standard.jpg

Rolex DJ41 MOP diamond dial:

standard.jpg

Rolex SkyDweller SS:

standard.jpg

rodentman

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Very nice! Yes, bracelets can be heavy and disconcerting. Also, straps are usually more easily adjusted and don't scratch!

rodentman

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Some other new pieces:

Tudor Pelagos:

standard.jpg

Rolex Air King on Rubber B strap:

standard.jpg

And Rolex Daytona C, which I was very lucky to get! On Rubber B "racing" leather strap:

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

rodentman

Shiny_Rock
Premium
The capacitor in this watch became incapacitated. Sent it to Bulova for replacement. Should have it back soon. Takes an MT-920 cell or something like that. It's a Spaceview reissue limited to 1,000 pices.

standard.jpg

rodentman

Shiny_Rock
Premium
My Ball chrono. Yes it is large. And it is heavy.

standard.jpg

Mixtress

Rough_Rock
Premium
b6JPmPD.jpg

This is me and my breitling, love it with its original metal strap BUT it's way too heavy and hurts my wrist so I had to swap it out for leather. :cry2:

YNZsVsi.jpg

I love your watch! Would you mind sharing the model #? Also, was the leather straps bought elsewhere or does Breitling offer them as an alternative? :kiss2:

chappy

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I love your watch! Would you mind sharing the model #? Also, was the leather straps bought elsewhere or does Breitling offer them as an alternative? :kiss2:
It's the galactic 36 automatic, though to be honest I have slight regrets going automatic. the extra bulk makes it less wearable for me. If I had a do-over I'd get galactic 32 in quartz! And yes, straps are from breitling, they've got a few different colors too!

rodentman

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Oris ProPilot 10 day power reserve.

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Rolex Explorer II:

standard.jpg

standard.jpg
=)2

rodentman

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I have 4 winders. I use a single winder for the Rolex SkyDweller which is an annual calendar, requiring easy resetting once a year at the end of Feb. The watch shows the date and the month, the latter with red marks in little windows to the outside of the stick hour markers. In the photo above the marker for March is hidden by the cyclops date magnifier.

There is a large 4 watch winder on my dresser but I don't use it. Won in a contest.

A 4 watch winder is in my safe. I don't use it.

There's a 2 watch winder in my safe which I will probably use for the Bulova Accutron which is coming this week from capacitor replacement. Some kinetics say that a winder doesn't generate enough speed of the rotor to sufficiently charge the capacitor. We shall see. There is a battery powered auxiliary charger that looks like a chapstick and charges the watch via connectors on the back. Supposedly once fully charged it will hold the charge for 6 months but they say it takes several months of wearing to get a full charge. If I need to send it in every 10 years for a replacement cell I will. I may not live long enough to do it again however.

I wind the watches not on winders when I wear them. Really no need to keep them all running all the time.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oris ProPilot 10 day power reserve.

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Rolex Explorer II:

standard.jpg

standard.jpg
=)2

My Ball chrono. Yes it is large. And it is heavy.

standard.jpg

The capacitor in this watch became incapacitated. Sent it to Bulova for replacement. Should have it back soon. Takes an MT-920 cell or something like that. It's a Spaceview reissue limited to 1,000 pices.

standard.jpg

Some other new pieces:

Tudor Pelagos:

standard.jpg

Rolex Air King on Rubber B strap:

standard.jpg

And Rolex Daytona C, which I was very lucky to get! On Rubber B "racing" leather strap:

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Gorgeous. Wonderful collection. :love:

rodentman

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thanks! I may inquire locally about the capacitor replacement, but it didn't cost TOO much. $7 to ship to NY, $34 for the cell and return shipping. Local jeweler charges $29 for battery replacement and I have heard that the capacitors cost more than batteries. Anyway, it is on its way this week. I have other watches in the meantime!

rodentman

Shiny_Rock
Premium
With Basel a couple of weeks away, the speculators and greedy flippers and gearing up to snatch what they can in order to resell on the grey market to the people who will pay anything for a new release or discontinued item. Daytona C in SS has MSRP of $12.4k. The white dial is on the grey market for $18k-$20k. The black dial is about $1k less. One grey dealer has an SS SkyDweller with a blue dial. MSRP is $14.4k. He wants over $20k.

My AD favors repeat customers, which I am, but never charges over MSRP. Often less, depending on the item of course.

People often ask what Rolex will hold its value the best. They don't buy what they like, only for perceived resale value. Sickness.

rodentman

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Almost forgot to post the basic Sub C. Had to pay full MSRP on this due to its popularity. The ceramic bezel is durable and attractive but not unbreakable. It's also a LOT more expensive to replace than the aluminum bezel inserts of earlier days!

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Almost forgot to post the basic Sub C. Had to pay full MSRP on this due to its popularity. The ceramic bezel is durable and attractive but not unbreakable. It's also a LOT more expensive to replace than the aluminum bezel inserts of earlier days!

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg
Love your no date Sub C.

rodentman

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thanks! They finally upgraded the clasp and bracelet which were huge enhancements. It's one of my favorites.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
b6JPmPD.jpg

This is me and my breitling, love it with its original metal strap BUT it's way too heavy and hurts my wrist so I had to swap it out for leather. :cry2:

YNZsVsi.jpg

SO gorgeous! You could be a model! LOVE.:love:

chappy

Shiny_Rock
Premium
SO gorgeous! You could be a model! LOVE.:love:
you are way too kind (and your kitty is super cute, is s/he still such a skinny sneak?), my friend is just really good with a camera. :))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
you are way too kind (and your kitty is super cute, is s/he still such a skinny sneak?), my friend is just really good with a camera. :))

Aww thank you. Francesca my kitty is a sweet girl. Not as skinny as she used to be but neither is her momma hahaha.
So she appreciates your kind compliments and just for you posed with a few of “her”watches :sun:

She likes the message on this bugs bunny watch 8)
B0A30C6A-2B24-4D78-BD35-42CE0B99DC64.jpeg

but she is partial to pink so this one is a favorite of hers too.
15A62A95-D597-4301-9F41-65A1B28008B4.jpeg

Perhaps she will start a new style of ankle watches :cheeky:

8EB788AF-A325-4933-B8DC-37290472D692.jpeg

71B51C1D-A430-474C-BB47-3B630C66C141.jpeg

Though I prefer it on her wrist don’t you agree:bigsmile:
Please excuse her very dry hair. No matter what we do she has it in winter. Very unsightly but she takes it in stride. She’s a cool kitty.

chappy

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Aww thank you. Francesca my kitty is a sweet girl. Not as skinny as she used to be but neither is her momma hahaha.
So she appreciates your kind compliments and just for you posed with a few of “her”watches :sun:

Please excuse her very dry hair. No matter what we do she has it in winter. Very unsightly but she takes it in stride. She’s a cool kitty.
OMG I wish I could like this more than once. :lol-2: Your cat is amazing. And very patient.

EllenS1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My 33 mm automatic Ballon Bleu. I purchased it with the stainless steel bracelet but switched it out to pearl blue alligator with deployant clasp. I also have a Tank Francaise with steel and wanted different looks

IMG_9990.JPG
Amazing!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

EllenS1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

She’s a darling!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results