shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Show me your Luxury Watches!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I realized that I don't think we've ever had a luxury watch thread in SMTB! I debated about how to define what a luxury watch is, since there are entry level ones all the way up to very rare and expensive watches! So we'll include the full range here! For the purpose of this thread, we'll say that a retail price/value of $2000 and up will qualify (knowing that true watch aficionados are probably rolling their eyes! ;)) ).

This is my new Christmas watch, a Cartier Tank Francaise, midsize (wish the blue hands were showing in the pics!):

cartiertankfrancaise1.jpg

cartiertankfrancaise3.jpg

cartiertankfrancaise4.jpg

_12989.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My other two good watches are the Ebel 1911 and Ebel Brasilia with diamond bezel and MOP dial.

ebel1911watch.jpg

ebelbrasiliawatch2.jpg

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
You got the Tank!!! I'm so happy for you. It looks smashing next to that gigantic AVR. Your left hand is draped in luxury! I love it!!

I hope to have my own Cartier to post here before next Christmas!

iLander

Ideal_Rock
I love your new Cartier! :love: :love: :appl: :appl:

I am a sucker for Cartier tanks, they just make my heart go pitter-pat.

Here's my Cartier Basculante, it's an original Cartier design from the 1930's, that was reissued around 2000. It flips over to show a blank side (I keep meaning to have that engraved, but hate to mess with it). It was supposed to be for all the new "fitness" buffs of the '30's, who I think were all playing badminton. :D Here's the full thread, if anyone is interested.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-to-me-birthday-watch.171539/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-to-me-birthday-watch.171539/[/URL]

Enjoy your beauty, Merry Christmas!

watchopen.jpg

watchmidway.jpg

watchclosed.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rosebloom|1388016983|3580474 said:
You got the Tank!!! I'm so happy for you. It looks smashing next to that gigantic AVR. Your left hand is draped in luxury! I love it!!

Thanks so much, Rosebloom!!!! (Did you see my info about the authorized dealer who does discount gift cards? Please don't buy one at retail without talking to me first!)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
iLander|1388018748|3580483 said:
I love your new Cartier! :love: :love: :appl: :appl:

I am a sucker for Cartier tanks, they just make my heart go pitter-pat.

Here's my Cartier Basculante, it's an original Cartier design from the 1930's, that was reissued around 2000. It flips over to show a blank side (I keep meaning to have that engraved, but hate to mess with it). It was supposed to be for all the new "fitness" buffs of the '30's, who I think were all playing badminton. :D Here's the full thread, if anyone is interested.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-to-me-birthday-watch.171539/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-to-me-birthday-watch.171539/[/URL]

Enjoy your beauty, Merry Christmas!

Thanks, iLander! And I absolutely adore your watch!!! It is a beautiful design that I would absolutely love to have! I have a soft spot for Cartier watches, period, but I love the older style watches, especially! Thanks for adding it to this thread! (I figure the thread will be filled with Rolex, so I'm happy my watch will have a little Cartier company! :lol: )

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
DF must be busy.
I never get tired of looking at his watches. :mrgreen:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
texaskj|1388021341|3580493 said:
DF must be busy.
I never get tired of looking at his watches. :mrgreen:

Yes, he MUST post them here! I'll let him know about the thread! Thanks!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's just beautiful DS! So happy for you that you got your watch! Looks fabulous with your rings!

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
ahh! I looove all these watches. I bought a Panerai, need to snap some photos of mine and my husbands! He loves AP at the moment.

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Here's my Cartier Tank Solo in the small size. It was a gift to commemorate our children- their names and birthdays are engraved on the back and one day, my daughter will get it.

Btw, a Cartier sales assistant told me that he thinks watches should only be serviced once or twice in their lifetime- don't know if that's standard Cartier protocol or not.

Congrats on your new watch, DS. It's beautiful!

_12997.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, MGR!!!

AutumnNovember, can't wait to see yours!

Logan, I had a hard time deciding between the Solo and the Francaise! I love your watch, too!

GlamMosher

Shiny_Rock
I do love the Cartier Tanks, which I had never heard of before seeing them here. My husband however is very much "you have to buy a watch brand, not a designer brand" so here are ours.

Mine - Tag Formula 1
20131226_104306_0.jpg

His - Rolex Grand Master 2
20131226_104631_1_.jpg

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DS--I love your new TF!!! :love: It looks perfect on your wrist along w/ your other bling pieces!

How will you decide which watch you will be wearing from day to day?! :naughty:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are beautiful, GlamMosher!

(You can tell your hubby, though, that Cartier has been making watches since the 1800's and they partnered early on with Edward Jaeger (of Jaeger-LeCoultre) to produce watch movements for Cartier. Other movements through the years were from Vacheron Constantin, Audemars-Piguet, etc. The first Tank watch was designed by Louis Cartier back in 1917, and it has been made in different variations up until today. I have a whole book on Cartier Tank watches. :lol: There are some quartz models, just as there are with Tag and many other brands. But they also have fine automatic watches as well, but I just didn't personally want to deal with the servicing of the automatics. Cartier is well established as a watch brand rather than just a designer brand, but I realize there are many more popular brands for men.)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mom2boys|1388028784|3580551 said:
DS--I love your new TF!!! :love: It looks perfect on your wrist along w/ your other bling pieces!

How will you decide which watch you will be wearing from day to day?! :naughty:

Thanks, m2b!!! I hope I made the right decision to get the midsize, but I did it partly because of Sharon telling me that we might need the larger face to be able to see the time! :lol: So since I am already to the point of using reading glasses, I decided it was time for me to have the medium!

I will preserve the Cartier as much as I can, so I won't just wear it around the house (except for now because it is new!). I'll wear the Ebel with the round black face mostly and wear the other two when going somewhere. My Longines tank-style watch will be handed down to my daughter.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooooh she's purrrrrdy DS :love: :love: :love: Gorgeous and classic!! :sun: Merry Christmas to you :bigsmile: :appl:

I don't wear a watch so nothing of my own to share. On the very rare occasion I feel like I need one I wear the Seiko my parents got me several years ago. I got DH a dress watch a couple of years ago... he turned out to be every bit as picky as I am about my stuff despite vociferous assertions to the contrary :bigsmile: had to have a leather strap, a specific shape, no explicit numerics on the dial, plain white metal... we finally found one (in-budget!) that he liked the look of, though he still bemoans having to wind the thing. I don't think I have any pics of it on him but here's one from a jewellery family shot soon after I bought it, only realised after taking a bunch of pics that I hadn't removed the protective plastic :rolleyes: Cellini Danaos 4243

ETA: Okay, I gotta say it, buying this thing scared me!! I trawled a Rolex forum for a few weeks before buying and OMG the stuff they talk and talk and talk and talk about... they sounded exactly like, y'know, us, only I wasn't remotely interested in their discussions! ::) honestly, the only thing I got from it was that Rolexes are faked a lot and I'm not qualified to spot the differences so I'd better just buy from an AD!

img_0640.png

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DS classic and beautiful... If I do say so myself :Up_to_something: :Up_to_something: :naughty:

Old picture....

_13005.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DS, I think you need a diamond bangle to pair with it just like Mary's next :devil:

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1388020182|3580488 said:
Rosebloom|1388016983|3580474 said:

Thanks so much, Rosebloom!!!! (Did you see my info about the authorized dealer who does discount gift cards? Please don't buy one at retail without talking to me first!)

DS, your new watch is smashing! I have been lusting after the Cartier Ballon Bleu for a couple of years and am thinking of purchasing one this year. I'd love to hear about this AD with discount cards! Can you share?

nottospec

Shiny_Rock
I never wear a watch but my DH is a watch lover..... these are a few of his favourites...

JLC reverso squadra

rubber with deployment clasp

back

Chopard

steel bracelet

rubber with deployment clasp

watch_0.jpg

_13006.jpg

watch_6.jpg

watch_5.jpg

nottospec

Shiny_Rock
Franck Muller Conquistador

grey alligator band

Dubey & Schaldenbrand Aerodyn Duo

Navy leather band with deployment clasp

This ugly old thing defies this thread but is his daily watch when he is working

He says it is a remake of the watch he had when he was a boy...... at least he wont damage his good watches day to day

Added bonus he says it stores phone numbers..... what do you need that for, I ask, when you have an iPhone??

watch_7.jpg

_13007.jpg

watch_2.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yssie! That is a beautiful watch! Your DH must have been very happy! And I know exactly what you mean about the watch forums! I spent a little time there myself while I was deciding on a watch! Ah, a diamond bangle...what a wonderful idea (except I will wear it on the other arm so as not to get scratches on my new watch! :lol: )

Mary..Hi! You were an inspiration for this project! I think we can establish that we have similar taste!

nottospec..your DH has some great watches! Thanks for sharing! (Your turn now?!)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
jill_s|1388033423|3580588 said:
DS, your new watch is smashing! I have been lusting after the Cartier Ballon Bleu for a couple of years and am thinking of purchasing one this year. I'd love to hear about this AD! Can you share?

Thank you, Jill! I also love the Ballon Bleu and considered it this time. But it is still on the wish list!

The jeweler is http://www.kings1912.com/

I worked with the Nashville store (Derrick) and was very pleased. I will give the details of the gift cards to anyone who wants to contact me via my old loupetroop listing which is currently at the very bottom of the rings section and starts out with "1.58 G VS1".

nottospec

Shiny_Rock
nottospec..your DH has some great watches! Thanks for sharing! (Your turn now?!)[/quote]

I actually don't wear a watch, completely lost the habit probably 15 years ago, don't really know why.

What about bling collections? Do we have a thread for that?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
nottospec|1388035816|3580606 said:
I actually don't wear a watch, completely lost the habit probably 15 years ago, don't really know why.

What about bling collections? Do we have a thread for that?

The best think to do is to post a new thread for your own bling collection! We always love seeing those!!! :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
natyLad|1388036230|3580610 said:
I love all those Cartier watches ladies... :love:
Here is my watch...Rolex Oyster Perpetual Datejust...A gift from dad,with great sentimental value...

So beautiful, Naty! And how very special that it was a gift from your dad! Good to see you! :wavey:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DS.
Congrats, beautiful watches !!... :appl: I used to own a Cartier tank too till it got stolen... :(sad ...I rotate b/t these now.

_13010.jpg

img_3135.jpg

img_2052__640x480_.jpg

img_2043__640x480_4.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results