carat
color
clarity

Show me your light sabers!!

Neptune

Ideal_Rock
Hiding behind these big "sabers", lol!

IMG_7119.jpg

Interesting thread. The apatite will never throw off rainbows or show much dispersion no matter how well it’s cut. I find the same thing true of tourmaline, beryls, and peridot to name a few.

Now demantoid, sphene, sphalerite...

They put Diamond to shame, although dark colored diamonds like the Hope and mochas, greys, champagnes, can be extremely dispersive.

Good to know. No rainbows, no problem as long as I enjoy the colors.

Neptune

Ideal_Rock
@T L, I keep coming back to see the chrysoberyls.

Does chrysoberyl often come with inclusions?

I feel that the color pops more against a white background, less so when against skintone...?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@T L, I keep coming back to see the chrysoberyls.

Does chrysoberyl often come with inclusions?

I feel that the color pops more against a white background, less so when against skintone...?

Some chrysoberyl can be hazy, or they can have chatoyancy (catseye), but for the most part, you can easily find clean material. It either comes in a more golden yellow to a greenish yellow.

The Tanzanian stone I wear always gets wow comments, and can be seen from far away. I have pasty pink skin.

Neptune

Ideal_Rock
Geez...didn't know Cuprian could do that too!

Some chrysoberyl can be hazy, or they can have chatoyancy (catseye), but for the most part, you can easily find clean material. It either comes in a more golden yellow to a greenish yellow.

The Tanzanian stone I wear always gets wow comments, and can be seen from far away. I have pasty pink skin.

Oh, Tanzanian is a good reminder, have you heard about those from India?

Nick_G

Shiny_Rock
I got this little gem as a complimentary gift when I bought a couple of spinel crystals from an eBay seller:

Vivid pink spinel 3.JPG Vivid pink spinel 7.JPG

It's only about 5 mm across, but that colour! It's a spinel crystal group from the Luc Yen area, probably Khanh Hoa commune according to a trusted source. It looks very similar to the vivid hot pinks from Mahenge. Even in poor light it seems to glow.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This grey blue spinel sparkles like mad, but the camera doesn’t capture it that well. It produces rainbows of sparkle. I also included a detailed in focus photo. Those are chrysoberyl sides. 931AFD5F-523A-49F8-AC11-026B2CC6B653.jpeg 0E964984-8FDD-43CC-A7A0-611CA7C4C525.jpeg 210FA83A-B96C-4D3F-8646-E1408ED9D0EB.jpeg 9B322965-DEC5-4C04-ADDC-C858E57D04BF.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results