shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Jade bangles!!!!!

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
No one has told me that so I have no idea. But when I wear a D, I often see a mark of the bangle being imprinted on my arm depending on how I sleep. Definitely not more comfy!

Never happens with a round!

Is it common to sleep with Jade bangles on? Would one shower with it on too?

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock

Yes and yes. I don’t take mine off unless I know I’ll be doing something rough in them like swimming or exercise etc. Basically if it’s not too rough, the bangle stays on. I can wear one for weeks or months without removing. Bangles should be worn tight, so it’s too much of a pain anyway to constantly remove and wear.

Some people just never ever remove their bangle.

Natz1107

Rough_Rock
it only matters that you love it
how can something as simple as a bangle be only for older ladies ?
what is old anyway ?
my work is in quite an old money part of town, a lot of,my older customers wear jewlery i would love to own
i would love to wear your bangle (but it probably wouldnt fit my wrist)

Thanks so much for your encouraging words :)
I would also like to have more in the future and so grateful that I can see all the beautiful collections you ladies have here as inspiration :)

Natz1107

Rough_Rock
Welcome to PS!

It is true that jade bangles are typically associated with older ladies. But I also started wearing jadeite bangles in my 30s as they inexplicably makes me feel better (jade is associated with protection in the chinese culture) and I figured that ultimately I wear and enjoy jewelry for myself and not what others think.

Now in my 40’s and I’m almost always in a jade bangle nowadays. Personally I only like the round bangles, not the D shaped ones and I find rounds more comfy to wear.

Here is mine today:
7C00AED8-9CF9-422A-B8FE-DB9C64976A6F.jpeg

Thank you so much for the warm welcome :) yes, in Chinese, jade is considered to be the stone of heaven. All I have are jadeites (fei cui) for now, but I also would love to have some nephrites (hetian) in the future — and other colors of jadeites for sure.

Loveee your bangle, the color is breathtaking :) (ps: love your ring too ;-) )

Natz1107

Rough_Rock

Chinese people usually don’t take it off at all — unless there is any emergency (e.g. surgery) or activities involving hard labour that may cause it to be broken. Other than that, noone takes it off, they sleep in it, shower, cook, even when use lotion, and so on.
I have a friend that never takes her bangle off, hers is in light green apple with a few dark green spots at the beginning, after 4 years of wearing it non-stop, the spots appear more and more and the green turns to be more translucent and deeper in color. It is believed that some bangles absorb the wearer’s energy and over time it triggers changes in the bangle. That’s why some people like to buy a more translucent and lighter color just to witness this kind of change.

But, please wear it in accordance to your needs, it is not a definite rule that we should never take it off, it’s just a culture that Chinese has been practicing from ancient time. I heard some people take it off before sleeping and wearing it first thing in the morning because it’s more comfy for them to sleep without it.

Hope this explain :)

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
New inexpensive jade bracelets I got from mats_alice. Yes, I realize these aren't super watery and yes, I realize they're too big and I'm wearing them on my right wrist. I wear a watch on my left wrist and I don't want to stack a bangle on my watch.

Before I bought these I thought I was a 56mm on my right wrist, but I guess I'm not. I'll try 54mm next time. The first bracelet is a light green jadeite. I'm not sure how I feel about it; maybe I'm just not a jadeite person? I put it against white paper to show the true color. It keeps coming up as grey when I try other backgrounds:

19BF2A44-4580-41F3-8C8C-066CE4154F3A.jpeg
4AC13A2C-16AE-4EA7-A40D-DACF17935DC5.jpeg

The second bracelet is green nephrite and 55.5mm. I LOVE this one. The color is just more "me" and it glows in the sunlight, which I didn't think it would since I always associated the glow with jadeite. Again here it is against white paper to show the color, although I was able to capture how nice it looks outside:

1FD48FF6-FAF1-483C-971A-A62CA1EF5BEE.jpeg
7C236546-F0E3-4D4E-8561-2E54D0C18A84.jpeg 14343EAB-62FB-4963-AF43-696588808DFC.jpeg

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
She's going to take me to lunch when we're out of lockdown for finding this lol. I've told her I think it's a fluke and I can't get it again at the same price!

IMG-20210918-WA0009.jpg

Mine because I like mine better =p

PXL_20210919_005648123.jpg
Where did you get the blue one and is that the spring your talking about?

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Where did you get the blue one and is that the spring your talking about?

A seller on WeChat. I've since lost contact with them after moving into other pursuits but their details were posted somewhere on PS.

This is spring. A mix of lavender and green. Hubby thinks it's a scam to get rid of mismatching coloured bangles lol

PXL_20221113_001235073.jpg PXL_20211102_034059717.jpg PXL_20230110_053650540.jpg

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A seller on WeChat. I've since lost contact with them after moving into other pursuits but their details were posted somewhere on PS.

This is spring. A mix of lavender and green. Hubby thinks it's a scam to get rid of mismatching coloured bangles lol

PXL_20221113_001235073.jpg PXL_20211102_034059717.jpg PXL_20230110_053650540.jpg

Thank you for info

userangl28212003

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have been into jadeite bangles for a while, but realized I would never be able to afford that icy smooth texture translucent bangle in my mind. I started to explore nephrite bangles as I can get the translucency enough with them for much cheaper. My newer certified smokey purple Hetian (nephrite) jade bangle that has an ombre effect into a grayish white color with carved cherry blossom flowers. Has great oily effect and translucency and I love it!

smokey.jpg

smokey2.jpg
smokey3.jpg

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
Jade fever is real. I’ve bought 3 more bangles from matsalice on eBay. :oops: I did end up giving my first jadeite bangle to my mom because I found it too big to wear. All three bangles I’ve bought (after my first two) are oval shaped.

IMG_5282.jpeg

The top one is my latest purchase and my current favorite! The middle is lavender and the bottom is a plain, opaque green. The green one is not as icy as my first green jadeite bracelet but it actually fits me!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jade fever is real. I’ve bought 3 more bangles from matsalice on eBay. :oops: I did end up giving my first jadeite bangle to my mom because I found it too big to wear. All three bangles I’ve bought (after my first two) are oval shaped.

IMG_5282.jpeg

The top one is my latest purchase and my current favorite! The middle is lavender and the bottom is a plain, opaque green. The green one is not as icy as my first green jadeite bracelet but it actually fits me!

oh totally!!!! went on a full rampage a few years ago!

Because they have so many different price points, I basically tapped out after I reached my limit. But really they are so beautiful, you never want to stop!

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
oh totally!!!! went on a full rampage a few years ago!

Because they have so many different price points, I basically tapped out after I reached my limit. But really they are so beautiful, you never want to stop!

Seriously! :lol-2: Ive been buying a lot of “cheap” ones (although none of these bangles are “cheap”) because they’re easy to collect, but I still want to hold out for a solid investment piece. It’s really hard, though. There are just too many colors I want!:oops:

Ren

Rough_Rock
756EA3EA-B5BD-4127-B35A-FD3446E978E4.jpeg

This was a gift from my mother, obtained from a family friend in the ancient city Pingyao. Etched with ingot and dragon motifs. I know very little about the quality of jade, but I’ve cherished this piece for over a decade. It still (barely) fits over my knuckles, but I can’t wear it often because of the nature of my work.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

These bangles are all stunning! But I am utterly amazed that no one breaks theirs--I bought one in Bangkok and it was broken within a week!

cheers--Sharon

YC

Brilliant_Rock
@canuk-gal - out of curiosity, how did you break yours? Also how thick was your bangle?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@canuk-gal - out of curiosity, how did you break yours? Also how thick was your bangle?

It was thick but not very wide. Wrist on counter--the usual ways to break things!!! LOL

YC

Brilliant_Rock
It was thick but not very wide. Wrist on counter--the usual ways to break things!!! LOL

Oh dear.... that must have been upsetting for it to break so soon after purchase!! I wonder if there were pre-existing stone lines which ended up as a crack/ break when enough force was applied at the "correct" site.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh dear.... that must have been upsetting for it to break so soon after purchase!! I wonder if there were pre-existing stone lines which ended up as a crack/ break when enough force was applied at the "correct" site

Oh dear.... that must have been upsetting for it to break so soon after purchase!! I wonder if there were pre-existing stone lines which ended up as a crack/ break when enough force was applied at the "correct" site.

Likely. I was upset!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results