shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your INK!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
I have a butterfly on my left hip bone,the center of the body is a heart and it has wings coming off of it.

I rarly notice that I have it....its about the size of a 50 cent piece...it took 2 and a half hours...ink doesnt stay well on my skin I guess I would love more but I dont want a tram* Stamp and I dont want it to show at work either... I''ve always wanted one with Cherry Blossoms.....

portia

Brilliant_Rock
DH''s ink...

I really like the colorful tats and the tribals, too. However, I wouldn''t necessarily want one of my own. I too think about how they''d look when I''m 50, 60, 70, etc. I just enjoy looking at them for the artistry.

You all have some beautiful artwork!

bluedragon.jpg

snogirl17

Shiny_Rock
i have a snowflake tattoo. Yes it is a "tramp stamp" but i didnt know where else to place it!

i have pictures of it but it wont let me load them. It actually is a replica of a real snowflake. I dont know if any one remembers the real stamps (from the US postal service) this last winter you could get, it is one of those snowflakes. I love winter and everything that comes with it, plus i snowboard so i think it was a good fit.

In order for them to get the detail of the flake it needed to be about at least 3x3 so i thought my back was the best place for me to get it. Tramp stamp or not.. i love it!

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/5/2007 10:34:26 PM
Author: Richard Sherwood
Be still my beating heart.

Those are some.....nice tatoos.
LOL!!!
27.gif

I have a dragonfly(me), rosebud(youngest daughter''s flower) and aster(oldest daughter''s flower) in a circular formation on my ankle to represent my family. My oldest daughter has the rose (sister), aster (herself) and lily-of-the-valley (me) on her lower back, also in a circular pattern. We got them the same day last year as part of a bonding experience. She made me go first.
11.gif

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Portia~ that is some brilliant work!

Beanie~ I love the idea of a snowflake, I love winter, too.
1.gif

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I have a blue moon sitting on clouds on my ankle. I need to change the colors a bit. It''s almost too blue. And I have two hearts outlined in black with my father''s initials above it on my back left shoulder. My tatttoos are on the small side. Hubby has a back piece in progress. One dragon complete with colors with a castle and 2 more dragons intertwined, sort of like dancing. My mother got so mad at me when he took off his shirt to show her. She said I was a bad influnce on him and what in the world would you let such a nice young man do that to himself. Of course when I did these tattoos, it was over 20 years ago and I always did things when told not to. Especially if my mother said don''t. I don''t regret it, but that was my black period. Now, I''m in my feminine period. L.O.L

angel_nieves

Brilliant_Rock
Oh I like the white tat. I have several tats, most all are hidden when I am not so sweaty I will post pics.

bubbly1126

Brilliant_Rock
Mine is on my lower back and yes, people call it a "Tramp Stamp" but I don''t let that bother me. It''s stupid!

I''ve had it for about 3 years now and I still love it! And it''s funny cuz I usually forget it''s even there. LoL.

Mel Tattoo.jpg

diamondsgirl22

Rough_Rock
that is beautiful bubbly! i also have a tattoo on my lower back. it is of a cymbidium orchid. i wish that i could post pictures but maybe later! it has leaves on either side of it and black shading behind it. it took about 1hour 45minutes and hurt soooooo bad. i was in tears but it was worth it. it is oink and orange with yellow, blue and green leaves. i also have two more. the silhouette of a dancer in all black on my shoulder and a butterfly perched ontop the first letter of my bfs name along with the rest of his name, in the middle of my back. i love them all and do not regret any of them!! They all are less than a year old.

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Always toyed with the idea, but i am soooo freckly I think it would look funny...oh well FI doesn''t have any either.

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
Iwantaprettyone..

I am the whitest girl you will ever meet and I am a red head with LOADS of freckles....Get a tattoo if you want one. Nothing will look strange or anything if YOU get something YOU want or has meaning...

The really funny thing is that I am 1/4 Native American and you would never know...
31.gif

sera

Ideal_Rock
Hopefully I'll be adding mine soon
27.gif
This week I should be seeing the work of someone who was offered a job on L.A. Ink but turned it down. If I like it, I may plan for her to do it soon (or maybe after Christmas? idk... but I want one!)

I have a small rose on my wrist... I'm thinking of adding to it to cover a scar (no, I wasn't suicidal, my hand went through a window and slashed my wrist in a couple places and palm... but it's noticable and kinda embarassing because it looks like a suicide attempt
38.gif
)

Nice work, people... I wanna see more.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I love looking at them, and have designed a few for friends. My assistant at work has just had a huge one from her shoulder down her back onto her hip, of butterfly and insect outlines done that we both worked on. I keep wanting to get my crayons out and colour it in!

I''m not sure I''d ever find a design that I wouldn''t get bored with - and I''d go nuts if it wasn''t perfect to the last mm.

sera

Ideal_Rock
somethingshiny... I love the colors of your tatt! It''s really beautiful. It''s kind of along the lines of what I''m looking to get. Though I would like the back of my neck done too, though I probably won''t do that... but maybe I''ll get it pierced so I can take it out when needed lol. I work at a school in a very conservative district... they already look twice at my ears lol.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/30/2007 6:33:25 PM
Author: sera
somethingshiny... I love the colors of your tatt! It''s really beautiful. It''s kind of along the lines of what I''m looking to get. Though I would like the back of my neck done too, though I probably won''t do that... but maybe I''ll get it pierced so I can take it out when needed lol. I work at a school in a very conservative district... they already look twice at my ears lol.

Thanks, Sera! I love my tat! It has just about every color in it.

If you get a large colorful tat, make sure to put sunblock on it EVERYDAY, even when it''s not exposed. Clothes only have so much SPF in them, so your tat can still be "uglified" thru clothes.

I think one of the marks of a good tatooist is if they will do free touch-ups. Then, you know they believe their work will wear well. (usually outlined as "free touch-ups if you care for it properly") I bet that artist you mentioned would be a great experience!

Oh, the painful spots are....kidneys, butt, any ticklish spots! (and any place south of the border up front!) Don''t know about the neck, myself. I''ve been contemplating having a dove flying down from my neck towards the large flowers. But, my baby sis is turning 18 in a few weeks, and she wants us to get some sort of a "sister" tattoo. I''ve thought about the celtic knot that symbolizes "sisterhood", but I don''t think it will go well with my current work.

I''m a SAHM now, but I used to work in the medical field. We were at a company picnic and somehow some of my artwork got exposed. *gasp* Only a couple of the girls knew I had it. The reactions were very funny. Although, one of the doctors I worked for was all about checking it out! I''m such a prude (or at least I pretend to be
31.gif
) that no one could believe I would ever get one. I had already been told I couldn''t wear my three sets of earrings to work because it was "unprofessional".

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/30/2007 3:49:18 PM
Author: ~*Alexis*~
Iwantaprettyone..

I am the whitest girl you will ever meet and I am a red head with LOADS of freckles....Get a tattoo if you want one. Nothing will look strange or anything if YOU get something YOU want or has meaning...

The really funny thing is that I am 1/4 Native American and you would never know...
31.gif
Lol, thanks for the encouragement hehe.... Maybe I will toy with the idea for another 25 years...

Livinthedream

Shiny_Rock
style="WIDTH: 99.38%; HEIGHT: 88px">Date: 10/4/2007 9:06:01 AM
Author: darkeyesredshoes
Mine is my favorite quote from The Little Prince going down my spine. It''s my one and only, and it didn''t hurt at all. If you''re curious, it''s from the chapter where he meets the fox and learns about taming each other:
Possibly my favorite book. I read it every year on my b-day and it always manages to teach me something new! That tat is fantastic!! My tat is on my bikini line to stay on topic, but I just had to reply about the book!
34.gif

darkeyesredshoes

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, Livin (and everybody else whose compliments I apparently missed a few weeks ago)! I love the book so much I own it in three languages! It''s definitely in my pantheon of best books ever.

Ninama

Brilliant_Rock
Me... him:

me_k_tattooscopy.jpg

Ninama

Brilliant_Rock
Oh! Another place to put a diamond....

MyNeckRing.jpg

Ninama

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/4/2007 9:06:01 AM

I have writing, too.
1.gif

My right arm says "Mortalium rerum misera beatitudo" ("The wretched joys of mortal things")

The left arm says "Varium et mutabile semper femina" (Varying and fickle, ever woman")

mint123.jpg

Jypsie

Shiny_Rock
Wow! I love all of the tattoos. I''m an absolute ink nut! My husband has one tattoo... I have 9. My favorite two are my left arm sleeve (in progress) - it''s a dragon and a phoenix, topped with an angel at my shoulder. And the one on the back of my neck - tribute to 9/11 - it''s a picture of the Trade Center towers, smoke billowing out of them, with Gods hands cradling the towers. Above and below it reads "In God We Trust"

I also have a full back piece, right arm 1/2 sleeve, both ankles, and hips done. My plans after my left sleeve is to finish my right arm in a full sleeve... who knnows what I''ll do after that. But, I''m almost certain there will be more. hehe

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/31/2007 9:20:26 PM
Author: Ninama

Oh! Another place to put a diamond....

OY!

Jypsie~ Where are the pics?!?
11.gif

Jypsie

Shiny_Rock
Once I figure out how to attach pictures I promise to post some in this thread.

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/5/2007 10:34:26 PM
Author: Richard Sherwood
Be still my beating heart.

Those are some.....nice tatoos.
TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO funny!!! hahahahha

I have none. Can''t commit to ink on my body. I am sure I wouldn''t want it there for a lifetime- and imagine how they change with stretch marks, eek!!

Jypsie

Shiny_Rock
Whooohoooo I figured it out!

911Tattoo.jpg

Jypsie

Shiny_Rock
And this one is the inside of my right upper arm.

InsideRightArm.jpg

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/4/2007 9:06:01 AM
Mine is my favorite quote from The Little Prince going down my spine. It''s my one and only, and it didn''t hurt at all. If you''re curious, it''s from the chapter where he meets the fox and learns about taming each other:

''To me, you are still nothing more than a little boy who is just like a hundred thousand other little boys. And I have no need of you. And you, on your part, have no need of me. To you, I am nothing more than a fox like a hundred thousand other foxes. But if you tame me, then we shall need each other. To me, you will be unique in all the world. To you, I shall be unique in all the world...''

Anyway, I got it two? three? years ago and I love it. The interesting bit is that I got it right before DF and I started dating, and now I''m unique in all the world for him. Aww.
I personally would never get a tattoo and don''t care for them; but this one made me go WOW!

Now that is an interesting and good looking tattoo. Well done.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Who knew we had so many wild women on ps!!!!!!! LOL...Nice ink gals and guys...I have one small one that I hope to turn into a black cat when I get the courage again.... :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results