shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your INK!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
My husband was once again telling me what he wants for his next tattoo. He''s jealous that I have more hours in! So, whaddya got?

My husbands was done in two parts. The dove was done right after his baptism. The rest was drawn right on his arm by a phenomenal artist. It''s the dove (Holy Spirit) flying down to the water, with fire all around the sun.

tattoo1.jpg

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Mine (this one anyway) started out as two smallish tribal tats. One was a turtle, and the other a triquetra. I''ve collected turtles for years. The triquetra represents the Holy Trinity. I had the bottom portion done on a whim. I saw it and it screamed out to me! Then, after I saw how badly the tribals were bleeding ink, I decided to get them covered up. So, the top part (the two flowers with tribal work) was done separately (each flower is covering one of the original tats). I love this tattoo because it''s me. It''s all girly but still hot and passionate, and a little rough around the edges. I have a small heart on fire tattoo in an undisclosed location.
2.gif

tattoo2.jpg

metro

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t have any tats to show you, but YOURS is really beautiful! So colorful! How old is it? My husband has several tattoos and his are starting to bleed/fade after 10-years.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
This one on my back is 3 years old, I think. The artist does free touch-ups as long as he can see you take care of his work. So, it was just touched up about a year ago. (The pink and red)

My original two were bleeding after only two years. The first three were all done by different artists in TX. Then the first two were covered up, and the third touched up by the guy who did this one on my back. He said that the first two shouldn''t have been done in all black because of how fair I am. Maybe that''s why your husband''s are bleeding?

sputat

Rough_Rock
I have a few. This is my #4 tat. It''s done with white ink and circa 2001.

tat04.jpg

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
I dont have any tattoos, but my FI has quite a few... I will have to see if he will let me post them up.
2.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/3/2007 4:53:28 PM
Author: sputat
I have a few. This is my #4 tat. It''s done with white ink and circa 2001.

What a cool tattoo! I have no tattoos and I don''t plan on getting any, but your white ink tattoo is great!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a small snake on the middle of my upper/middle back. I got it 6 years ago (I don''t think I have a photo though). I have NO idea how it is holding up since I can''t see it
3.gif
Sometimes I even forget I have it. People are always shocked b/c I look so sweet and innocent.
2.gif
My DH has his family shield on his shoulder blade. He wants to get more though.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/3/2007 8:06:14 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
I can appreciate tattoos, but I have three, two of which cannot be seen and one I regret and can''t wait to be able to have it removed.
8.gif
I appreciate those above, however in my personal case, I was young and should have waited...
Ditto ditto ditto to all of it.

darkeyesredshoes

Shiny_Rock
Mine is my favorite quote from The Little Prince going down my spine. It''s my one and only, and it didn''t hurt at all. If you''re curious, it''s from the chapter where he meets the fox and learns about taming each other:

"To me, you are still nothing more than a little boy who is just like a hundred thousand other little boys. And I have no need of you. And you, on your part, have no need of me. To you, I am nothing more than a fox like a hundred thousand other foxes. But if you tame me, then we shall need each other. To me, you will be unique in all the world. To you, I shall be unique in all the world..."

Anyway, I got it two? three? years ago and I love it. The interesting bit is that I got it right before DF and I started dating, and now I''m unique in all the world for him. Aww.

back up close.jpg

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have one and I''m horrified to know that it''s placement means it''s a "tram stamp". It''s a small celtic knot in the small of my back, right above the waist band of my pants. I''m at work, so I can''t take a pic of it. It''s just black and gray.

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/4/2007 9:06:01 AM
Author: darkeyesredshoes
Mine is my favorite quote from The Little Prince going down my spine. It's my one and only, and it didn't hurt at all. If you're curious, it's from the chapter where he meets the fox and learns about taming each other:

'To me, you are still nothing more than a little boy who is just like a hundred thousand other little boys. And I have no need of you. And you, on your part, have no need of me. To you, I am nothing more than a fox like a hundred thousand other foxes. But if you tame me, then we shall need each other. To me, you will be unique in all the world. To you, I shall be unique in all the world...'

Anyway, I got it two? three? years ago and I love it. The interesting bit is that I got it right before DF and I started dating, and now I'm unique in all the world for him. Aww.
OK DERS I just have to say, I LOVE your ink!!!!! I thought you must be cool when I saw you and your FI met working at the Apple store(I am a huge Apple nerd). This confirms it! I got my minor in French and looooove the little prince. I got a collectors edition when I was in France last summer. What a perfect quote to choose!!! OK I will stop gushing
9.gif

ETA: I do have something related to contribute...I have a small bluebird tat on my hip. It is an illustration from a childrens book my grandmother gave my mother, that my mother passed to me. The book is about always finding what makes you happy. I will try to get a pic!

darkeyesredshoes

Shiny_Rock
Miscka, you shameless flatterer! We should have an PS alterna-nerd GTG. We could meet outside the 5th Ave Apple Store, hee. Can''t wait to see the bluebird; I''d totally get a swallow or something similar if I were in the market for another tattoo. Unfortunately, I''ve run out of body parts that won''t eventually sag.

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Oh Hudson, we already knew you were a tramp!
9.gif
I always think about what people''s tattoos will look like when they''re 60...
33.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/4/2007 1:24:35 PM
Author: surfgirl
:bigsmile:] I always think about what people''s tattoos will look like when they''re 60...
33.gif

Me, too, Surfgirl--that''s why I have both of my tattoos on my right foot. Feet don''t sag much over time, do they? I don''t have any pictures, but I''ll try to get some and post them.

One is a fish from The Lorax, it''s located on the top of my foot below my pinky toe. The other is the silhouette of an Acacia tree with an elephant standing underneath it. This one is located on the inside of my foot by my heel. Agh, I''ll just post pictures later, that will be much better.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do tatoos on the neck, right below the hairline, have a connotation? (Like the "tramp stamp"?
3.gif
)

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
LOVE your ink DERS! Perfectly even and symmetrical, the sign of a good artist!

It''s one of my favorite books, too. Although, I only know how to cuss in French!

I don''t know how my ink will look when I''m 80, but I''m good with that. My grandkids can think Granny rocked it once! However, the one I have in an undisclosed location got pretty weird during my pregnancy.
8.gif
I don''t think it''ll ever be the same again! My DH wants me to have a zipper tattooed across my c-section scar, with the zipper pull having our son''s name on it. That''s something I would NEVER do!
6.gif

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
No tattoo for me... although I thought about it back in college. But I''m WAY too much of a perfectionist... if even one little line was out of place, I know I''d spend the rest of my life obsessing about it!
23.gif
DH has a lion on his hip, representing his fraternity (with his pledge number beside it)
20.gif
... all his frat brothers have them. It was done by some shady drunken tattoo guy in a dingy shop in the middle of the night, from what I''ve gathered. I like to make fun of it, but I secretly kind of like it.
2.gif

nebe

Brilliant_Rock
I have a tattoo on the left side of my lower back covering a 3" scar my mom gave me when I was 4 (she dropped a cup while I was sitting on the floor munching on a happy meal and a piece of it broke off into my back; I had to have surgery and stitches and crap, it was a mess but I was little and don''t remember)

I got it when I was 16 and it still looks pretty good, but I''m not a big tanner or anything. I''ve had it called a tramp stamp, but it doesn''t really bother me, it''s just a name. It''s about 6 x 4" total and has minimal colors which probably should be touched up sooner or later.

Please excuse the hint of crack, it''s the only picture I have.
25.gif

100_0259.jpg

sputat

Rough_Rock
Thanks Thing2of2. Most of the time, people don't realize the tattoo until they stare at my arm. Normally I'm asked if I had it lasered off. I haven't had it retouched... The guy who did it warned me it will fade after a few months or maybe turn into an ugly shade of yellow/brown. It's held up pretty good, I think.

Love tats. Keep the pics coming gals!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/4/2007 12:48:57 PM
Author: darkeyesredshoes
Miscka, you shameless flatterer! We should have an PS alterna-nerd GTG. We could meet outside the 5th Ave Apple Store, hee. Can''t wait to see the bluebird; I''d totally get a swallow or something similar if I were in the market for another tattoo. Unfortunately, I''ve run out of body parts that won''t eventually sag.

I love your tattoo, too, darkeyes! I love the Little Prince and I really, really love word tattoos! If I was going to get a tattoo, I would definitely get words only. And the artist must have been awesome-it looks perfect!

And count me in on the alterna-nerd GTG! I have definitely been to the 5th Ave. Apple Store on more than one occasion! I like to tease my boyfriend that it''s his Mecca. (He''s an Apple store assistant manager.)

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
here's mine. it's a coverup, and i bawled for 3 weeks straight about it.... but it has grown on me (ha, kind of a pun considering it's a tree). it's supposed to have a small butterfly, i haven't gone back to get it finished yet. and the colors are NOT what i asked for, but i'm hoping they can be worked with. anyway.....

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I have an ichthus (the christian symbol of a fish) on the top of my right foot, below my secnd and third toes. It''s about two inches wide and in black ink, just the outline, nothing fancy. I got it when I was 18 before I left for college. Never regretted it, but never wanted another tattoo, either. I do have to think very carefully about footwear for interviews, but otherwise I like the placement. It''s strange, but I never really think about the fact that I have a tattoo (I''m also one of those "not likely to have a tat" people) until someone sees it and asks if it hurt (YES!).
2.gif

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
I''ve never gotten a tattoo, and I never will. I do like to hear the stories about what they mean, what inspired them. I think that is sweet.

Especially lately, there seem to be so many that are BEAUTIFUL, too!! Like a miniature mural on your body. They can be lovely.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have four tattoos - I love three of them but hate the one on my shoulder. Its offcentre and the ink colour is awful! I start my laser treatment tomorrow to have it removed!
23.gif

This is the one on my back. I stupidly had a heart with an ex boyfriends name in it so I had it changed to hide the writing

shell tat1010.JPG

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here is the offending one! It looks huge but its actually only about 1.5 inches!

shelltatt1020.jpg

Erin

Ideal_Rock
I don''t mind it. I''m not sure if I didn''t already have one whether or not I''d get one. I think I would. I don''t know.

1youaremysunshine.JPG

DiamondSmitten

Shiny_Rock
Tat number 1 Lower left side of my back

left bottom of back.JPG

DiamondSmitten

Shiny_Rock
Tat number 2 lower right hand side of my stomach just above and to the right of my hip bone

left hip.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results