shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Heirloom Jewelry!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
This is my great grandmother's ring. The ring was left to my grandma. My grandma developed alzheimers and my grandpa needed to bring in home health to take care of my grandma. One of the times my mom was visiting, she happened to look at our family photo of her, my dad, my sister and I and she picked up the photo on the mantle and the ring was there! My mom says that was grandmas way of keeping the ring safe, hidden behind the picture, as well as to make sure the ring was intended for my mom. My mom wore it for many years and unfortunately cracked the diamond. She gifted it to me on my 10th anniversary of my first marriage. I was sooo happy! It was the largest diamond I had ever worn. I wore it during my engagement while my ring was being made. I wear it when I want to feel close to my grandma. It sparkles beautifully and all the jewelers say, wear it and enjoy it and don't mess with it. They've said the diamond would fall apart. I can wear it on my rh during the winter and on my left in the summer. 683967

Buttercookies

Brilliant_Rock
This is a fun thread. I love antique and vintage pieces. On my ring finger is grandma's tree of life ring. I don't wear it often because the gold on top scratches easily because it is very high carat. I had one ruby fall out and had to replace it. The art deco old mine cut cocktail ring on the second finger is 18k gold and one of the diamonds is tinted enough that in pictures it sometimes looks like a diamond is missing. The band above it is platinum. On my index finger is a platinum flower ring with sapphires and rubies and underneath that one is an 18k gold ring probably created in the 50's.

IMG_6509.jpg

They all belong to your grandmother? I can tell she is a fabulous lady! The three row band is extremely beautiful and still very classic. Thanks for sharing.

Buttercookies

Brilliant_Rock
Next, my Grandmother's rings: on my pinkie is her engagement ring from her second marriage, from the 1940's. I don't know what the stone is, only that it is not a diamond. On my ring finger is her amethyst ring, with a flower inlay design, also probably from the 40's, but I am not sure:
IMG_2037.jpeg

The amethyst ring is to die for! The gold and the stone is so beautiful!!! Congratulation on owning such a beautiful ring.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@bling_
This is my great grandmother's ring. The ring was left to my grandma. My grandma developed alzheimers and my grandpa needed to bring in home health to take care of my grandma. One of the times my mom was visiting, she happened to look at our family photo of her, my dad, my sister and I and she picked up the photo on the mantle and the ring was there! My mom says that was grandmas way of keeping the ring safe, hidden behind the picture, as well as to make sure the ring was intended for my mom. My mom wore it for many years and unfortunately cracked the diamond. She gifted it to me on my 10th anniversary of my first marriage. I was sooo happy! It was the largest diamond I had ever worn. I wore it during my engagement while my ring was being made. I wear it when I want to feel close to my grandma. It sparkles beautifully and all the jewelers say, wear it and enjoy it and don't mess with it. They've said the diamond would fall apart. I can wear it on my rh during the winter and on my left in the summer. 683967

@bling_dream19 , this is such a gorgeous ring! The setting is amazing. What a special reminder of your grandmother.

Buttercookies

Brilliant_Rock
This is my great grandmother's ring. The ring was left to my grandma. My grandma developed alzheimers and my grandpa needed to bring in home health to take care of my grandma. One of the times my mom was visiting, she happened to look at our family photo of her, my dad, my sister and I and she picked up the photo on the mantle and the ring was there! My mom says that was grandmas way of keeping the ring safe, hidden behind the picture, as well as to make sure the ring was intended for my mom. My mom wore it for many years and unfortunately cracked the diamond. She gifted it to me on my 10th anniversary of my first marriage. I was sooo happy! It was the largest diamond I had ever worn. I wore it during my engagement while my ring was being made. I wear it when I want to feel close to my grandma. It sparkles beautifully and all the jewelers say, wear it and enjoy it and don't mess with it. They've said the diamond would fall apart. I can wear it on my rh during the winter and on my left in the summer. 20190404_135728.jpg

That’s a very pretty stone. Enjoy it in good health. If it does fall apart, you can always recut it and redesign it in memory of her. =)2

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is my great grandmother's ring. The ring was left to my grandma. My grandma developed alzheimers and my grandpa needed to bring in home health to take care of my grandma. One of the times my mom was visiting, she happened to look at our family photo of her, my dad, my sister and I and she picked up the photo on the mantle and the ring was there! My mom says that was grandmas way of keeping the ring safe, hidden behind the picture, as well as to make sure the ring was intended for my mom. My mom wore it for many years and unfortunately cracked the diamond. She gifted it to me on my 10th anniversary of my first marriage. I was sooo happy! It was the largest diamond I had ever worn. I wore it during my engagement while my ring was being made. I wear it when I want to feel close to my grandma. It sparkles beautifully and all the jewelers say, wear it and enjoy it and don't mess with it. They've said the diamond would fall apart. I can wear it on my rh during the winter and on my left in the summer. 20190404_135728.jpg

Gosh, this ring is gorgeous!

Fabulous50

Brilliant_Rock
The amethyst ring is to die for! The gold and the stone is so beautiful!!! Congratulation on owning such a beautiful ring.

Thank you, @Buttercookies! I love it too - it needs some maintenance, so I have to figure out where to go for that. I love the finger coverage on my huge hands, and the fact that we have the same ring size! (size 8)

Wrkbrk

Shiny_Rock
This is a fun thread. I love antique and vintage pieces. On my ring finger is grandma's tree of life ring. I don't wear it often because the gold on top scratches easily because it is very high carat. I had one ruby fall out and had to replace it. The art deco old mine cut cocktail ring on the second finger is 18k gold and one of the diamonds is tinted enough that in pictures it sometimes looks like a diamond is missing. The band above it is platinum. On my index finger is a platinum flower ring with sapphires and rubies and underneath that one is an 18k gold ring probably created in the 50's.

IMG_6509.jpg

I love your festive nails!!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is my other treasure - my grandmothers original engagement ring from 1937. It's a platinum topped 18ct yellow gold daisy ring. It's very worn & the diamonds are tiny & not great, but do catch the sunlight beautifully. My grandmother died when I was 5, but prior to that we were always together - mum says we were two peas in a pod. Mum gave it to me along with her 22ct gold wedding ring when I turned 16. I offered the wedding ring to my little sister to use as her own when she married, as i thought it would be nice to have something from the granny she never got to meet. I have regretted it on occasion, but my sister wears it well. This ring gives me great comfort in times of stress & I wear it on my RH probably 80% of the time.
dsc02613.jpg
dsc02622.jpg

Last edited:

Wrkbrk

Shiny_Rock
This is my other treasure - my grandmothers original engagement ring from 1937. It's a platinum topped 18ct yellow gold daisy ring. The diamonds are tiny & not great, but do catch the sunlight beautifully. My grandmother died when I was 5, but prior to that we were always together - mum says we were two peas in a pod. Mum gave it to me along with her 22ct gold wedding ring when I turned 16. I offered the wedding ring to my little sister to use as her own when she married, as i thought it would be nice to have something from the granny she never got to meet. I have regretted it on occasion, but my sister wears it well. This ring gives me great comfort in times of stress & I wear it on my RH probably 80% of the time.
dsc02613.jpg
dsc02622.jpg

I love that and I love the story even more!

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
This is my MIL’s .75 ct ER diamond, gifted to me after her death last year. Her ring was worn thin and unsafe to wear so I had a new setting made. I had 3 diamond bands originally intended as stacking rings but I had not gotten around to sizing them. We combined those diamonds with a few more to make 52 in total, representing the number of years my IL’s were married. My own mother was kinda lousy so my MIL was as close as I ever got to a functioning mom, a grandma for my kids etc. Still I was surprised that FIL wanted me to have it. I knew I wanted to somehow honor it’s origin in the new setting. It’s only been passed down one generation but I hope it becomes a family heirloom. FIL is pleased with the outcome of the new ring. I will be very happy when we can see him again and show him in person.

54E18A50-A693-4151-B8F1-9763DF70DA73.jpeg

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is my MIL’s .75 ct ER diamond, gifted to me after her death last year. Her ring was worn thin and unsafe to wear so I had a new setting made. I had 3 diamond bands originally intended as stacking rings but I had not gotten around to sizing them. We combined those diamonds with a few more to make 52 in total, representing the number of years my IL’s were married. My own mother was kinda lousy so my MIL was as close as I ever got to a functioning mom, a grandma for my kids etc. Still I was surprised that FIL wanted me to have it. I knew I wanted to somehow honor it’s origin in the new setting. It’s only been passed down one generation but I hope it becomes a family heirloom. FIL is pleased with the outcome of the new ring. I will be very happy when we can see him again and show him in person.

Beautiful. I also loved my MIL so much. She treated me like a princess and I put her on a pedestal. You and I were both blessed to have second mothers whom we adored.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We lost my mother in January 2018. This is one of her rings I received.
It’s a tourmaline. I don’t know the ct. weight as the paperwork was misplaced. Princess, marquise and baguettes surround it. I’ve been told by the jeweler who sized it the color is exquisite. I Am not an expert on colored stones but I’ve noticed the pictures are much darker than it looks in person with the exception of the second picture. It is a little better representation. I need to have a new appraisal completed on it. So far it has resided in the safe. :cry: It still makes me sad to see it. I would rather see it on her.

8566FDD1-2287-4EEC-9773-657BFD564877.jpeg 15692897-51BA-4FE2-93D0-1F1237CD82C9.jpeg E4AA801C-3F7F-4436-AD41-C189E35B4D7F.jpeg 9CCF32B2-25EB-4944-B123-A1872EC6AE8B.jpeg 072B7B10-95D2-45D5-BA90-E396B68563E5.jpeg

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s a tourmaline. I don’t know the ct. weight as the paperwork was misplaced. Princess, marquise and baguettes surround it. I’ve been told by the jeweler who sized it the color is exquisite. I Am not an expert on colored stones but I’ve noticed the pictures are much darker than it looks in person with the exception of the second picture. It is a little better representation. I need to have a new appraisal completed on it. So far it has resided in the safe. :cry: It still makes me sad to see it. I would rather see it on her.

8566FDD1-2287-4EEC-9773-657BFD564877.jpeg 15692897-51BA-4FE2-93D0-1F1237CD82C9.jpeg E4AA801C-3F7F-4436-AD41-C189E35B4D7F.jpeg 9CCF32B2-25EB-4944-B123-A1872EC6AE8B.jpeg 072B7B10-95D2-45D5-BA90-E396B68563E5.jpeg

Your mothers ring is beautiful. And I hope one day, with time, you will look at it & smile at the memories rather than feel sad. Big hugs.

Buttercookies

Brilliant_Rock
This is my other treasure - my grandmothers original engagement ring from 1937. It's a platinum topped 18ct yellow gold daisy ring. It's very worn & the diamonds are tiny & not great, but do catch the sunlight beautifully. My grandmother died when I was 5, but prior to that we were always together - mum says we were two peas in a pod. Mum gave it to me along with her 22ct gold wedding ring when I turned 16. I offered the wedding ring to my little sister to use as her own when she married, as i thought it would be nice to have something from the granny she never got to meet. I have regretted it on occasion, but my sister wears it well. This ring gives me great comfort in times of stress & I wear it on my RH probably 80% of the time.
dsc02613.jpg
dsc02622.jpg

The ring is beautifully worn because it is so loved. I love your story and may it always bring you peace.

Buttercookies

Brilliant_Rock

It’s great that you have a loving relationship with MIL, which is difficult for a lot of people I know. The new ring is beautiful and will make a wonderful heirloom. Thanks for sharing. =)2

Buttercookies

Brilliant_Rock

The ring is gorgeous and I hope that it will eventually bring you peace rather than sadness for years to come. Your mother has exquisite taste.

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
20190501_163607.jpg
My grandma's ER and mum's eternity given to her by Dad when i was born
20190506_171310.jpg
My great aunty (grandma's sister) Netta's ER
Netta had no children and my mum inherited her pretties

They are all so pretty! :kiss2: you are so lucky to have them! The eternity is my favourite!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
They are all so pretty! :kiss2: you are so lucky to have them! The eternity is my favourite!

Thank you =)2
Its the youngest :mrgreen2:
Mum wore it every day with her ER and wedding ring, i never knew anything about it but she left a list in her funneral notes (very specific instructions) and she was quite specific about her ER and saphire dress ring to my sister and i got grandma's ER and the eternity

Mum had demetia for quite a few years and stopped wearing her own ER and started wearing her mother's

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a family of Antiques.
Rear Left: Great Grandmother’s first engagement ring. Approx, 0.33ct OEC solitaire in 14k YG.
Rear Right: Great Aunt Nancy’s ER. Approx. 0.80-0.90ct OEC solitaire in 14k YG.
Front Left: Great Aunt Katie’s
Shield Ring. 3 OEC’s set in filigree & milgrained platinum.
Front Right: Grandmother’s wedding set. Approx. 0.40-0.50ct OEC set in Art Deco 14k WG setting with matching WR.

26056FDB-9656-4B7B-B96F-101F22BD966B.jpeg D79365A8-15ED-433A-9FF4-767A448B681E.jpeg

Grandmother’s set with my ER.
93DEAF06-6C79-41CD-9FAB-705844D35229.jpeg

My WR with a YG ring created for my mother by my great-grandfather from dental gold and a diamond chip.
He added the leaf design.
7962A34B-1B8F-41A3-9C59-A2D712E870E3.jpeg

My wedding set with my grandmother’s wedding set,
3822FC9D-9A84-4F6D-84E8-6E6FD2A0802F.jpeg

Family shot on the hand!
3476B658-3826-4867-B584-3966E6EE9333.jpeg

Great Aunt Nancy’s OEC reset.
955AD348-7282-413A-B2DC-80FF805A0ABA.jpeg 3A2FDD2B-CDC5-48F0-991D-60379C6BC928.jpeg 04CF8052-6D0B-4567-B0C5-4342E6115D6F.jpeg

A close up of theYG solitaires and the homemade gold leaf ring in dental gold, before Aunt Nancy’s OEC reset.
E5CBE3B7-C116-43D0-BADA-CFAE18C3F5C1.jpeg

Beautiful-disaster

Shiny_Rock
As the story goes my Grandmother was in hospital waiting to give birth and struck up a good relationship with the lady in the next bed keeping each other company. When it came time to leave her husband brought a gift for her. It was this bracelet and as it turned out they were a Prince and Princess from the Middle East. It’s super old and mysterious. 22KT Gold, carved emeralds, rubies and polki diamonds, with full enamelled reverse. Endless research has it around the 18th century Moghal period but we are still investigating.
**sorry bad pics taken at night**

Beautiful-disaster

Shiny_Rock
As the story goes my Grandmother was in hospital waiting to give birth and struck up a good relationship with the lady in the next bed keeping each other company. When it came time to leave her husband brought a gift for her. It was this bracelet and as it turned out they were a Prince and Princess from the Middle East. It’s super old and mysterious. 22KT Gold, carved emeralds, rubies and polki diamonds, with full enamelled reverse. Endless research has it around the 18th century Moghal period but we are still investigating.
**sorry bad pics taken at night**

Whoops posted without the pics somehow - 3D95E1F8-71C5-44FD-86DD-19AEC74F8A97.jpeg E69A76E2-08BD-4442-A056-6600C87FDF74.jpeg

Beautiful-disaster

Shiny_Rock
My love -
An 8.3ct sapphire pendant from 1940ish
Came from my fathers side of the family. My fathers mother died when he was 9 and his father died when he was 17, he left school to raise his brother himself. I lost my dad when I was 19. I don’t know where the sapphire came from other then it was his mothers and is super super special. The setting is broken so it’s waiting for the stone to be polished and fixed to be reset.
B1F12371-B604-4265-9AC1-A9CFAF1CABD8.jpeg CE2E3797-4F38-4AEA-9FBB-04342256AAD9.jpeg D5E7E32F-B888-4FA3-8946-90D5E05CCF15.jpeg

luckyblackcat

Shiny_Rock
Premium
IMG_0564.jpg

This humble brass ring is one of the few things I have of my maternal grandmother's. I remember the stone, whatever it is, fell out once when I was wearing it as a kid and I just superglued it back on! :lol-2: My grandmother did have some amazing pieces of fine jewelry, all of which were gifted to her by my mom (my mom is my hero and supported her entire family with an incredible job in a time/culture when women were discouraged from having jobs period!). When we immigrated, my grandmother gifted these pieces back to my mother to eventually pass onto me. Alas, weeks into our move, nearly all of my mother's jewelry was stolen, except for the pieces my mother was wearing/traveling with at the time. It's been an ongoing goal of mine to slowly rebuild my mom's collection for her.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I almost forgot this piece which has been totally disrespected by me because the aquamarine is most likely leaded glass. The setting is white gold. But I took it out to wear today. It belonged to my husband's grandmother.

IMG_6727.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results