carat
color
clarity

Show me your GSS strand necklaces

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is huge!
I can't stand wearing any necklaces when it's hot.

CMN

Brilliant_Rock
@Mukti what mm size is your larger strand?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love those colours. I wish I could wear pearl strands or necklaces but they just look so alien on me. Your strand is gorgeous though.

You could experiment with different lengths
or even a pendent to start with
You don't have to buy exspensive ones to get a feel for them
just have some fun
Our PS pearl princess will help you

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
This was the day I learned that my feet actually sweat.

It was a high end wedding. I could feel the women judging me, looking at my pearls and ever so slightly nodding in approval. :lol-2:

:lol:
What bit*hes
They would hate my $30 bright blue dyed freshies :twirl:

i hope you had a good laugh at them on the way home

I hope the food and drink was good

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
screenshot (10).png

Hubs said I could celebrate my new job. I'm doing it with pearls. From Cees. Vendor photo. Off to clasp hunt. I'll thread these myself, the poor pearls :).

Last edited:

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
screenshot (10).png

Hubs said I could celebrate my new job. I'm doing it with pearls. From Cees. Vendor photo. Off to clasp hunt. I'll thread these myself, the poor pearls :).

Those are lovely! Such a nice, rich, golden color. Congrats on your new job as well. :)

Mukti

Shiny_Rock
screenshot (10).png

Congrats on your new job. You definitely deserve those goldens.

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
screenshot (10).png

Congrats all 'round, @MMtwo!!! The color of the strand is gorgeous! They look so beautiful and I'm thinking they'll match the color of your beautiful studs, too.

How long is the strand? What sort of clasp will you choose?! What color thread? So many questions. :bigsmile: So thrilled for you!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on your new job. You definitely deserve those goldens.

Thank you!

Congrats all 'round, @MMtwo!!! The color of the strand is gorgeous! They look so beautiful and I'm thinking they'll match the color of your beautiful studs, too.

How long is the strand? What sort of clasp will you choose?! What color thread? So many questions. :bigsmile: So thrilled for you!
SparklieBug, I am hoping the color is close to the earrings. I do love the strand Andrew has up on Instagram *drool-worthy*, but I am not able to come close to those in my budget right now. This strand reminds me of your beautiful dark gold baroque strand from Cees.

I sent a message to Pattye on Etsy for her input on thread color and size. That clasp....I don't know! I may do a matte 14k ball clasp. I may make that 18k if it comes and needs the extra gold. I have also been looking at the double oval clasps. Those are a wee bit more expensive though.

I'm open to thoughts on the clasp!

Congratulations! And I think it's a great idea to string them yourself.

Thanks pearlsngems. My knotting skills are so-so, but I'll do my best.

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
SparklieBug, I am hoping the color is close to the earrings. I do love the strand Andrew has up on Instagram *drool-worthy*, but I am not able to come close to those in my budget right now. This strand reminds me of your beautiful dark gold baroque strand from Cees.

I sent a message to Pattye on Etsy for her input on thread color and size. That clasp....I don't know! I may do a matte 14k ball clasp. I may make that 18k if it comes and needs the extra gold. I have also been looking at the double oval clasps. Those are a wee bit more expensive though.

I'm open to thoughts on the clasp!

On my Cees strand I used Pattye's "Gold" serafil and it's a great match. I didn't want the thread to distract from the pearls color-wise. Unlike others, I actually like noticeable knots, LOL! On some of my pearls I've had to "double" knot (pass the thread through the knot twice) because the holes were large. Those are noticeable.

I used a strong gold-colored magnetic clasp for the Cees strand, and am awaiting some clasps to arrive to decide what to use for the Moline GSS strand. In the meantime, I vewwwy (voice of Elmer Fudd) carefully wear the Moline GSSs around the house with the temp clasp.

Mukti

Shiny_Rock
I wish @baby nurse would post her gorgeous gssp strands here too.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@baby nurse posted her GSS on another thread:

CMN

Brilliant_Rock
@MMtwo so pretty. I was tempted by those but they are too small for me. I am sure they will look fabulous on you.

Re clasps @yssie posted the vendor of the gold open filigree clasp she used on her GSS bracelet. It was reasonably priced for its unique design - (edit: maybe a bit expensive on rechecking the price again (has gold gone up?)). This is what I was thinking as a clasp when I get a GSS strand. I will see if I can find the link.

Last edited:

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
@baby nurse posted her GSS on another thread:

Her pearls are so amazing. Love her GSS!

On my Cees strand I used Pattye's "Gold" serafil and it's a great match. I didn't want the thread to distract from the pearls color-wise. Unlike others, I actually like noticeable knots, LOL! On some of my pearls I've had to "double" knot (pass the thread through the knot twice) because the holes were large. Those are noticeable.

I used a strong gold-colored magnetic clasp for the Cees strand, and am awaiting some clasps to arrive to decide what to use for the Moline GSS strand. In the meantime, I vewwwy (voice of Elmer Fudd) carefully wear the Moline GSSs around the house with the temp clasp.
Do you find the magnet feels safe and secure? Your Moline pearls - they are just so beautiful! Have you decided on your clasp yet?

I wish @baby nurse would post her gorgeous gssp strands here too.
:) Indeed!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I found a cute little clasp. Bellafindings.
screenshot (11).png

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
@MMtwo so pretty. I was tempted by those but they are too small for me. I am sure they will look fabulous on you.

Re clasps @yssie posted the vendor of the gold open filigree clasp she used on her GSS bracelet. It was reasonably priced for its unique design - (edit: maybe a bit expensive on rechecking the price again (has gold gone up?)). This is what I was thinking as a clasp when I get a GSS strand. I will see if I can find the link.

Thanks CMN. Gold is through the roof. I found the above clasp that may be a tad casual, but not sure. If it is, I'll go with something else and keep it for another project. Bellafindings.com has some great options, but not in 18k. I had fun looking through the possibilities.

Reactions: CMN

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve actually been using gold filled clasps for casual strands given gold prices. Wen and some overseas sellers often have simple gold ball clasps that are pretty affordable.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I’ve actually been using gold filled clasps for casual strands given gold prices. Wen and some overseas sellers often have simple gold ball clasps that are pretty affordable.
Good idea. I considered that option. This clasp was pretty inexpensive. I would have bought the intertwined gold ovals but would have cost almost half the necklace price.

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results