Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your GSS strand necklaces

lucida818

Shiny_Rock
@lucida818 I thought I had replied, but this has been a crazy week. I am so sorry for the delay. There are many tutorials on YouTube. I found one that seems pretty clear.

I recommend Pattye for supplies. You'll need a needle and appropriate thread/silk for your pearls. There are different thicknesses of thread. You'll also need gimp/french wire (superfine coiled metal to protect the thread from cutting on the clasp) and tweezers. You may also need a pearl reamer at some point. Also, a felted beading board to lay your creations in the right order. Those are easy to pick up on Amazon.

It takes practice, but it is do-able. Good luck!

Thanks so much @MMtwo for getting back, really appreciate that =)2 =)2 Will look through & practice on cheaper strand of freshie (will buy just for this purpose).
Thanks again :)

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the pearl size on both strands. I think you would like #3 better than 4. While 4 is gorgeous, strand 3 is a bit smoother and IMHO more elegant which is more in line with the other strands in your collection.

CMN

Shiny_Rock
Does #4 have marginally better luster? I can’t see any other difference between the two to warrant the price differential particularly given that #3 seems to have better shape and is more uniform.

Can anyone else see a difference and enlighten me?

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does #4 have marginally better luster? I can’t see any other difference between the two to warrant the price differential particularly given that #3 seems to have better shape and is more uniform.

Can anyone else see a difference and enlighten me?

It's hard to tell but from the pictures I am guessing that strand #4 has a deeper golden color.

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip’s Love Story told through Jewelry
    Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip’s Love Story told through Jewelry
    Style File: Emma Watson
    Style File: Emma Watson
    F. Scott Fitzgerald and Zelda Sayre's Wedding
    F. Scott Fitzgerald and Zelda Sayre's Wedding

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.