shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your favorite bezel settings?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
These are all so beautiful!
love.gif
I can't wait to post my own bezel-set RHR...!! Keep 'em coming!
appl.gif

rfath

Shiny_Rock
Okay, I caved and went to see the whitney boin and etienne perret settings. The low halo setting, I think, is perfect for me. Absolutely yummy.

We won't talk about the 0.75 J Lazare diamond that was talking to me. *sigh*

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 8/20/2004 5:28:49 PM rfath wrote:

The low halo setting, I think, is perfect for me. Absolutely yummy.

----------------

I am pretty sure a nicely made H&A would do just as well.

That particular setting is just so great ! I hope to see it on your finger, of course. It may pay to use the contact number on the Etienne Perret website (if you do decide to order from them) - I was surprised by a very reasonable quote from them
2.gif

rfath

Shiny_Rock
Ah, yes... I'm sure a H&A would do nicely as well! :D I'm reluctant to pay *that* much of a premium for a particular brand. The price was not terribly uncompetetive, but I can definitely find a stone that performs just as well for less. I can definitely admire it, though!

The setting is definitely *very* reasonably priced. I'd have to check and see what sort of price difference there is between this place and getting it directly from Etienne, but the comfort of having a history with the jeweler locally would be nice, even if the setting ends up costing a bit more. Very knowledgeable salesperson and they do a lot of custom and repair work for some pretty particular customers.

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
Here's my bezel ring - I included a pic of what it looked like "before" as a solitaire, and "after" when it was re-set. It' similar to the Ritani endless love setting from the top, but not from the sides.

b4nfta2.jpg

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
one more. Jeez, look how dirty the backround is! Sorry
1.gif

closeuppavebezel.jpg

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
just luv your ring treysar!
love.gif

will post my custom RHR (e perrett-esque) low halo at some point this wk, camera willing
2.gif

rfath

Shiny_Rock
I can't wait to see the e. perret-esque one!

I think I'm getting the low halo as my engagement ring (with the SuperbCert that you pointed me to, alexa
2.gif
). Have diamond! Have no idea what I'm looking at, so I'm taking it to see the appraiser tomorrow.

But I'm not supposed to know about the ring
2.gif
FH has been disturbed enough to try to hide the stone from me...

JennaJ

Rough_Rock
Here's mine - a half bezel platinum band, 0.7 ct diamond
1.gif

sjjering.jpg

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
Does anyone know who makes this setting?!(for 2ct-8mm) TIA, kayla

4009.jpg

Todd07

Shiny_Rock
Our new half bezel from White Flash

530100568105_0_ALB.jpg

TR_1%20finger.jpg

223779468105_0_ALB.jpg

159999468105_0_ALB.jpg

Todd07

Shiny_Rock
post deleted

fuffi

Shiny_Rock
There are a wealth of bezel setting ideas at www.clay-pot.com.

That's a great setting kaylagee. I've never seen anything quite like that.

claypot.jpg

rfath

Shiny_Rock
Great settings.. I'll update with the one that I finally chose, the Low Halo from Etienne Perret. Fabulous quality, and GREAT prices!

Sideagain.sized.jpg

RingCloseUp.jpg

The bezel surrounding the stone doesn't look quite so thick in real life - just looks that way from the lighting I had to use to get the pictures....

Now... what wedding bands work best with my ring?
2.gif

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s mine (Warning large, lousy pic). I''m not really fond of bezels but I didn''t like the idea of prongs taking up space on my stone!

face2.jpg

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
rfath,

Thanks so much for posting pics of your low halo bezel! I''m so in love. It''s seems to have the best of both worlds--you can stare at the underside of the stone if you want to, but the girdle is protected.

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
And one more question, rfath: does the low halo sit flush with a wedding band? Just curious...

sxn675

Shiny_Rock
Just so you know, we got my husband''s wedding band from diamondsunlimited.com. Jeff is a platinumsmith and can custom-make whatever you want. My husband''s ring is exactly how he wanted it and was VERY reasonable. Good luck!

rfath

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/24/2004 3:37:48 PM
Author: Daniela
And one more question, rfath: does the low halo sit flush with a wedding band? Just curious...

Thanks for the compliments! He''s also got a setting that sits up a bit higher, but I wanted something as low as possible so I wouldn''t worry about getting it caught or banging things on it. Yes, it does sit perfectly flush with a wedding band. Etienne is also a great person to talk to - I''ve emailed him a few times complimenting him on the ring; always gotten a prompt and curteous response directly from him.

Etienne''s Webpage

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results