shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your favorite bezel settings?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rfath

Shiny_Rock
Oh *man*, I hate making that first newbie-post...

I've been lurking here for a while, learning all that I can about diamonds and settings (and looking at all of the stunning pictures!). If I may make a request from y'all who've seen a LOT more settings than I...

I'm 'helping' my fiance-to-be to find the perfect ring for me. I'm an active person who tends to misplace things, so I've accepted that the best setting for me that will allow me to keep my ring on while horseback riding and doing all the other random troubles that I manage to get into is something that features a bezel. I'm not a bling person, so something elegant and sleek is preferred. Pave is a bit much for me - I'd worry about snagging it somewhere or losing the stones somehow. Stone size will probably be somewhere in the 0.75-.85ish range, RB. Prefer white gold or platinum. Probably a solitaire-type of setting rather than a three-stone style.

I've contacted whiteflash for some help with the setting (and indicating that I'd like to get the diamond from them as well) but never got a response. I was intrigued by the Millennium Solitaire setting on krikawa's website (http://www.krikawa.com/rings/engagement-rings/R-EngSolMil2.jpg and http://www.krikawa.com/rings/engagement-rings/R-EngSolMil2Side.jpg), but the designer was not able to provide pictures any better than those on the website (I wanted to be able to see the underside of the setting, etc.).

So... I'm curious to hear what anyone else out there has seen that caught their eye.

Thanks!
~Rachel

edited to add that of *course* I'd love to see semi-bezels as well..

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
Besides looking in the SMTR folder, this recent thread has pics of bezel settings...
1.gif

elepri

Brilliant_Rock
My favorite semibezel is, of course, mine. Here's the link to my recent thread:

https://www.pricescope.com/forum/topic17648.html

elepri

Brilliant_Rock
I also like this one

erdelring.jpg

elepri

Brilliant_Rock
Here's another one i found.

dscaasi.jpg

rfath

Shiny_Rock
alexa - I caught that post and drooled. A lot. The only issue is that pave is a no-no for me. I've also wandered through the rest of the SMTR pics and haven't seen *too* many bezels, hence why I asked. Maybe someone's seen something recently that I haven't...

elepri - I still love your ring. It's quite stunning and very similar, it seems, to the one at krikawa that I'd posted the url to before. Where have you found the other two that you posted?

Thanks!

jewelryjunkie

Rough_Rock
Here's another link to other bezel setting pictures.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/looking-for-online-jeweler-selling-ja-bevacqua-settings.17793/

I really like the Etienne Perret settings.

AtlantaC

Rough_Rock
I'm partial to this one for obvious reasons. The original thread is here https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/kauai-engagement-story-long-overdue.17485/

I was looking for something substantial enough for some engraving details but without a harsh or blocky bezel setting that would overwhelm the .6ct center stone. I didn't really find it, so I found a fellow who could bring my ideas to life!

The side stones are .15 each and quite groovily inset in the channel if I do say so myself. The semi-bezel halo is broken up in two places by accent prongs, that aren't really prongs at all. There is a side-long look at the ring in the original thread that demonstrates how low set it all is. Anyway, for your purposes, I hope this pic is good enough to focus on the actual semi-bezel setting.

Ringbeach2.jpg

Diamondsbybree

Brilliant_Rock
The antique bezeled look is my fave~!

elepri

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Rfath,
The first ring i posted is by Rudolph Erdel, the picture is from Solomonbrothers.com, same place where i got mine. The second ring is from dimendscaasi.com, their own design

rfath

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 7/28/2004 9:29:15 PM elepri wrote:

Thanks Rfath,

The first ring i posted is by Rudolph Erdel, the picture is from Solomonbrothers.com, same place where i got mine. The second ring is from dimendscaasi.com, their own design----------------

elepri -

Thanks yet again! Poor SO is now thoroughly lost. And here I thought I was making it simple for him by showing him the types of ring styles that I prefer.

I can't wait to start on educating him about diamonds! He's already swearing that we have to find something non-deBeers...

valdo650

Rough_Rock
My favorite bezel is Tiffany's Etoile with Pave Band Setting. If I had $12,000 to spend on an engagement ring, I would have gotten this one
8.gif
. Vatche also has a setting very similar to this one at a cheaper price

engagement_etoile_pave2.jpg

valdo650

Rough_Rock
Here's the Vatche Bezel Pave Setting
love.gif
. It's so wonderfully yummy
appl.gif

Vatche Bezel Pave Setting.jpg

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
Love love love this one from Ritani! YUM!
lickout.gif

Ritani1.jpg

JennaJ

Rough_Rock
----------------
On 7/28/2004 9:57:47 AM rfath wrote:

Oh *man*, I hate making that first newbie-post...

I've been lurking here for a while, learning all that I can about diamonds and settings (and looking at all of the stunning pictures!). If I may make a request from y'all who've seen a LOT more settings than I...

I'm 'helping' my fiance-to-be to find the perfect ring for me. I'm an active person who tends to misplace things, so I've accepted that the best setting for me that will allow me to keep my ring on while horseback riding and doing all the other random troubles that I manage to get into is something that features a bezel. I'm not a bling person, so something elegant and sleek is preferred. Pave is a bit much for me - I'd worry about snagging it somewhere or losing the stones somehow. Stone size will probably be somewhere in the 0.75-.85ish range, RB. Prefer white gold or platinum. Probably a solitaire-type of setting rather than a three-stone style.

I've contacted whiteflash for some help with the setting (and indicating that I'd like to get the diamond from them as well) but never got a response. I was intrigued by the Millennium Solitaire setting on krikawa's website (http://www.krikawa.com/rings/engagement-rings/R-EngSolMil2.jpg and http://www.krikawa.com/rings/engagement-rings/R-EngSolMil2Side.jpg), but the designer was not able to provide pictures any better than those on the website (I wanted to be able to see the underside of the setting, etc.).

So... I'm curious to hear what anyone else out there has seen that caught their eye.

Thanks!
~Rachel

edited to add that of *course* I'd love to see semi-bezels as well..----------------

Hi Rachel,

I'm in a very similar situation, we have the diamond which is a large spread 0.7 (about the equivalent to a 0.75) and we're getting the setting made by a jeweller - actually going in next week to see the drawings he's done for us of the design before its made. I love the look of a half bezel, but really want a more sleek and delicate looking ring than the normal wide band and wide half bezel, which seems to be the norm for this style.

When we talked to the jeweller we agreed on a platinum semi knife edge band (not as "severe" as a true knife edge) , with a very very thin half bezel around the diamond. I'm hoping the combination of the illusion of a thinner band through the knife edge and thin bezel will make the diamond look bigger - it is a beautiful diamond and I wanted the focus of the ring to be on the diamond. I was inspired by some tension setting which I love as well, where the diamond just seems to float above the ring... I can't wait to see what the drawings look like, I might see if they'll give us a copy so I can post them... I had such a struggle to find pictures of delicate looking half bezel setting, and never found one which was quite right so I'm really interested to see what the drawings look like!

Oooh I just had a look at elepri's ring, and that is very very similar to the setting we've asked our jeweller for, in particular the side view where you can see the diamond - that is exactly the same as what we've asked for! that ring is absolutely gorgeous!
lickout.gif
The difference that I think my ring will have is the thinner bezel, plus it will extend further around the side of the diamond so it won't be as exposed along the side...

rfath

Shiny_Rock
Jenna -

Seems to be a common want in the bezel-setting world. It's definitely something that I'm attracted to as well. Since I'm very interested in a wedding band made of mokume gane, I want the engagement ring to be simple and clean and contribute to a 'busy' feeling when the two rings are worn together. It'll be a challenge! Maybe less so if whiteflash would reply to my email
2.gif

Fancy

Shiny_Rock
https://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/files/donehand.jpg

I just saw this in another post and it's simple and clean.

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
i also luv luv luv THIS low halo
love.gif

rfath

Shiny_Rock
Ah, yes.. I LOVE the low halo style too, but wish they had a better picture of it somewhere. SO is getting suspicious with the 'how far is the drive to Camden, Maine?' sorts of questions.
2.gif

2tone

Rough_Rock
Is this considered bezel?

ringjaffe1.jpg

rfath

Shiny_Rock
Hey, *I'd* consider it a bezel set - what else can it be called, really (besides very unique and beautiful!)?

angela

Rough_Rock
I think that A. Jaffe is actually a channel setting, but with a bezel type effect (no prongs to catch on things). I only say that because my ring is a little similar, and it's a channel setting. Good luck, it's hard to be patient, but a custom setting can be very rewarding!
1.gif

130_3016_1_2.JPG

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought you might like one of the many bezel models by Peter Indorf...

and speaking of Mokume
1.gif
HERE's one I definitely like allot and One More I am quite sure you know about.
2.gif

rfath

Shiny_Rock
Val - thanks for the links... of *course* I've seen them before, but it's always nice to look at the rings again! My current thinking is that I'll go with something simple and clean for the engagement ring and the mokume for the wedding band. I don't want the uniqueness of the mokume to get lost by having two bands with the pattern. And then the decision to have them etched or not.. *sigh*. So many decisions!
2.gif

I saw a lovely-looking wedding set at http://www.krikawa.com/rings/engagement-rings/R-Set-ShakCognac.jpg. Definitely different, but I like the idea behind it (I'd opt for the 'plain' mokume and probably a more sedate diamond as well). I think whiteflash has decided not to reply to my email...

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since this thread bacame the repository of bezel models
1.gif
here's two more. It seems that only the left one (the swirl) will hold a larger stone nicely - the others are obviously meant for small diamonds. The round head of the smaller rings flips and they become pendants, as the pic tries to spell out.

The name of the maker is "Miluna Jewelry"

Miluna.JPG

hannah

Rough_Rock
Just thought I'd add a few of my favorite bezel settings:

www.tiffany.com
engagement_lucida_bezel.jpg

www.shellypurdy.com
ring50.jpg

www.whitneyboin.com
r1.jpg

rfath

Shiny_Rock
Has anyone out there seen a whitney boin ring in real life? The settings are SO creative, but I'd worry about catching those posts on anything when I'm out at the barn... horsehair has an amazing ability to snag *everything*, especially fingernails - a good reason why I might not share much of a hand pic if I ever get a ring!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I did see this model by Whitney Boin and the posts seemed smooth. However, I am not very familiar with the kind of wear you mention
2.gif
Never went riding with a ring on!
Below is yet another floating bezel with no posts - this one is made by a shop called Diamonds Unlimited I just happened upon on the web. Another close version is the Halo setting by Etienne Perret and Davidson designs.

Great to have one thread only for bezel rings
1.gif
I hope you do find the perfect one!

DiamondsUnlimited.JPG

rfath

Shiny_Rock
well, I always wear gloves when I'm actually riding, but the work I do out of the saddle makes prongs and high settings risky - one of my horses is young and I could just imagine him whacking his face on a cathedral setting. He'd never forgive me!

I know it would be SO much easier to just take the ring off, but I really do forget to pick things up when I do that. Besides, I like how unique these bezel settings are! It's fabulous seeing them in one place!

ringdesigner.com has a nice simple bezel setting for not too expensive as well. My skills at linking and adding pictures are non-existent on this site, or I'd show everyone!

I managed to find a jeweler that offers both Whitney Boin and Etienne Perret in-store as well as some Lazare Diamonds to compare. The only sadness is that they're open during working hours during the work week - no weekend hours!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results