carat
color
clarity

Show Me Your Fancy Colored Diamonds

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny said:
Asscher halo lover, that yellow/pink ring is really special.
The colors look good together; and those pearl earrings are cool too.

Thanks kenny! The pearl and diamond piece is actually a pendant...I really have to work on a neckshot!

Thanks for posting the picture of your wedding band Ace! I love that style! I thought you sold your light brown cushion though? Do you still have it?

clgwli

Brilliant_Rock
kenny said:
Asscher halo lover, that yellow/pink ring is really special.
The colors look good together; and those pearl earrings are cool too.

cigwli, I also love your yellow radiant.
It's a very vibrant stone; I'll bet you love wearing it at places with good spotlighting.
Actually I love sitting inside just out of the bright sunshine if that makes sense. I get a lot of good light into a room that I take photographs from due to the large window facing north. All but one of those photos was taken from that very window and in many cases the direct light is somewhat blocked due to a huge maple tree out back.

I think that lighting shows off the color best. Spotlighting actually is okay as the color is more lost in the amazing fire it produces (you can kind of see it in the last photo ETA: I mean in that the little flashes of fire produce so many colors that they blend to a color that isn't quite so bright yellow.... almost orangish undertones). But indirect lighting really makes it glow! Don't get me wrong I like the fire, but I love the color more ;-) Only really bad lighting is horrible yellow lighting in some computer stores I go to. Makes all my rings look yellow and doesn't make the stone stand out :roll:

Ace, your wedding band rocks! (hey it's a guy's band so am I allowed to say pretty? LOL) I'd love to see more of it! I so agree about browns being set in pinks. If set right they look perfectly pink!

And yes Asscherhalo we need neck shots!

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
acebruin said:
last but not least!

1.07 ct
Cushion
GIA Fancy Brown Pink
VVS2
7.35 x 6.22 x 3.08

this puppy has a nice spread! big for its carat weight...

I'd be glad to "diamond sit" for you on this one. That is the color pink I have been after. Would you mind sharing where you found such a beauty??? :love:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ace - WOW! What an incredibly beautiful collection!!

That fivestone is GORGEOUS, Asscher! I can't believe I've never seen it before!! Your pendant I have seen, have saved, and have ogled many, many times

clg - your radiant is one of my favourites :love:

acebruin

Brilliant_Rock
thanks clgwli... pretty is fine... ROCKS might be the word... :D

thanks Yssie...

Taylorbug! said:
acebruin said:
last but not least!

1.07 ct
Cushion
GIA Fancy Brown Pink
VVS2
7.35 x 6.22 x 3.08

this puppy has a nice spread! big for its carat weight...

I'd be glad to "diamond sit" for you on this one. That is the color pink I have been after. Would you mind sharing where you found such a beauty??? :love:

you might have to fight with several people on that one... :lol: i got it from DBL... snapped it right up when i first saw it...

acebruin

Brilliant_Rock
Asscherhalo_lover said:
Thanks for posting the picture of your wedding band Ace! I love that style! I thought you sold your light brown cushion though? Do you still have it?

the light brown cushion now sits on my sister-in-law's finger... :D my brother used it as an engagement ring!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ace what are the stats on your wedding band? Thickness, size of diamond... I would one day like to get my husband a band with a diamond/diamonds and yours is really nice.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
acebruin said:
Asscherhalo_lover said:

the light brown cushion now sits on my sister-in-law's finger... :D my brother used it as an engagement ring!

I thought so, I'm sure she loves it!

Thanks for the compliments on my pieces everyone! I hope to see more of others goodies pop up in this thread!

clgwli

Brilliant_Rock
Just a little bump to see if people have any more to add. I love colored diamonds!

And thanks for the compliments too. Some day I hope to add to the collection somehow.

Oh and not sure why I said north facing window... might have been thinking of my old room or something. This window faces south and gets amazing light coming in. My cats love it :mrgreen:

susiegrneyes

Shiny_Rock
myfancycollection.jpg

My fancy diamond collection

fancy yellow, fancy orange, fancy deep purplish pink, and fancy grey

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
clgwliundercarat6.jpg

I looooooooooove this shot... so soft and buttery yummy!!! :) :cheeky:

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
Here is mine...
5.13 pear
W to X color
VVS2

FEDORA-SHELLAC.jpg

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
Colonel Mustard has been deployed to be set into his new command post (The plan is to put him in a YG bezel that sits .5mm off a YG and Silver band)... so all I have to look at are his pictures.

.25ct Fancy Yellowish Orange Kite from Leibish & Co.

Look at what he does in strong sunlight

100_4905.png

aaaa.png

aaaaaaaaa.png

a 007.JPG

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
acebruin, you have many beautiful diamonds. I just wanted to say I particularly like the yellow acssher. I like step cuts probably more than any other and this is a beautiful color. Thanks for sharing your pictures with us.

petrock<3

Brilliant_Rock
oooo I love this post! Beautiful diamonds everyone, so fun to look at! :love:

littlemissmango

Rough_Rock
OMG!! I am in LOVE with that 5-stone band! Can you please share where you got your stones from? They are so, so beautiful, and just mesmerizing in that trellis design.

clgwli

Brilliant_Rock
Susiegrneyes, I love your collection! I cannot decide which I like the best :mrgreen:

Thank you so much Amethyste. My lovely Sunny goes from a soft buttery color to a gorgeous vivid yellow depending on the lighting. I really love that shot too as it is one of the few I've gotten with my point and shoot. I always move just enough to take a picture and lose the neat fire I see. So annoying, but that one I tried really hard to hold still and finally got it :lol: I admit I still truly admire your Lemony and really think she looks fabulous in the current setting!

Davi, I'll be very interested to see that kite set!

vbnet

Brilliant_Rock
I just have to say I love ALLLLL these beautifully colored diamonds!!

surfingartist

Rough_Rock
acebruin- I love the ring you got for your wife! Could you please shed some light- is it pink gold around the pink diamond halo?

acebruin|1280434671|2662609 said:
Asscherhalo_lover said:

CherryBlossom

Shiny_Rock
oh I LOVE these. Which one is the one in your avatar pix? is that your engagement ring? I love the pinkish brown cushion SOOOO much. which vendor did you buy it from?

btw I didn't read over the comments yet, so I am sorry if you already responded to my questions

acebruin

Brilliant_Rock
surfingartist - yes that is pink gold with pink diamonds... i love colors, pink asscher is hard to find and much Much more expensive than a colorless one... :D pink halo is a great alternative!

CherryBlossom - thanks! the one in my avatar is my wife's ER, it's a 1.23 I / VVS2 Royal Asscher in a Leon pink halo... details here https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/acebruin-leon-mege-intro.79622/... the light brown cushion and the brown-pink cushion are both from David at DBL... they're both gorgeous!

surfingartist

Rough_Rock
acebruin- is pink gold the same as rose gold??!

Thanks!

acebruin

Brilliant_Rock
yes it is... i saw the same question as well in your other thread... :)

surfingartist

Rough_Rock
Hi Acebruin!

Could you please answer one more question, please?!? :)

What is the size/cut of the melee and the style of pave on the side shank of your wife's e-ring? (in your avatar with pink diamond halo). It doesn't seem to be fishtail...and is it single cut or full cut melee?

Thanks so much for all your help!

acebruin|1298857384|2860845 said:
yes it is... i saw the same question as well in your other thread... :)

acebruin

Brilliant_Rock
it's mushroom pave... the melees are about 0.9 point each... that's 0.009 carat... i think they're single cut stones... it's just around a quarter thick, tiny tiny bit less... hope that helps...

ElizabethR

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful stone!

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
8.94 ctw parcel of FIY .20s rounds sourced by Paul Slegers of Crafted By Infinity Diamonds:

7.15 ctw - 36 stones used to make a 4-prong handcrafted 18KY bracelet from Wink (looks like 3-prong):

1.79 ctw - 9 stones leftover put into a 14KW pendant:

I have many other pictures that show the brilliance, dispersion, and scintillation of these diamonds, but these show the body color of them the best. There are also SMTB posts and a Jewel of the Week post from Ericka:

https://www.pricescope.com/blog/jewels-week-summer-sparkle-fancy-yellow-and-white-diamond-bracelets

Oh, and there is also a FY .80 ct Modified Brilliant Cushion from Tiffany - 18KY Knife Edge mounting

_22636.jpg

sm_outdoors_overcast_img_4.jpg

xsm_img_2.jpg

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
My pink and yellow diamond eternity bands (0.96CTW each)

img_5634.jpg

Sparkle_ruckle

Shiny_Rock
Premium
So, I took the plunge to buy my first fancy coloured diamonds, a very small fancy pink-purple cushion and an even smaller fancy grey-blue pear. They are very sparkly but I'm feeling unsure about the colours. While I like the purple diamond, I'm admittedly disappointed by how the blue diamond looked more grey usually. (but of cos, pure blues are expensive and I don't think they are in my league!!!). In fact I'm still considering whether to send this blue diamond back. What do you guys think?

Anyway, today, a glorious sunset came and I got these photos:
The two "blue" shots that got my heart skipping a beat. The purple diamond was quite poorly-positioned ie not face up so it looked washed-out here. The diamonds were also very sparkly but it was hard to capture on camera ...
20150417_180906_3_.jpg
20150417_180917_3_.jpg

The sun rays weakened and the blue diamond began to look slightly moody grey again. I set it on an orange button of a remote controller to try to mimic a warm yellow/rose gold backing. So is it an "on" or "off" stone for you? :razz:
20150417_182042_3_.jpg
20150417_181948_3_.jpg

Back to moody grey.
20150417_181411_3_.jpg
20150417_181200_3_.jpg

Sorry if these aren't very clear photos (taken with a phone only) because I was in a hurry to make the best out of the transient sunset rays. Thanks for looking!

hiratop

Rough_Rock
I like the grey-blue. :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results