shape
carat
color
clarity

Show Me Your Ethnic/High Karat YG Pieces

And to think that I’ve been lusting after the vca perlee bangle with diamonds. This puts it to shame!!! The work that’s gone into this is just beyond!!:love:
Thank you! =)2

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is nothing compared to previous posts, but here is a 22K ring with a very clean, peach pink tourmaline. Opinion is the ring originated in India, and it's amazing how they managed to set all those diamonds without a single prong. It's very comfortable to wear and one of DW's favorites.

3.01ct Pink Tourmaline Appraisal (2).jpg Gizelle 2 (2).jpg

Attachments

• Gizelle 1 (2).jpg
    Gizelle 1 (2).jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 19

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock
24667362-8871-4D62-BB28-1108D1A3C3C5.jpeg

One of the two my mother-in-law gave me for the wedding. As you can see, I don’t wear these because they clash with my cool colored skin. :confused2:

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi strawrose, your bracelet is gorgeous! DW was of the opinion that yellow gold got lost against her skin until she saw this 18K woven gold bracelet in a Santa Barbara pawn shop. There's no doubt that higher karat yellow gold has a much richer yellow color and glows beautifully. She wears it a lot!

Forgive me if this bracelet isn't "ethnic" but we think it was made in Italy, so perhaps "ethnic Italian" is OK. :mrgreen2:

Gold Bracelet 2.jpg Gold Bracelet 3.jpg

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
24667362-8871-4D62-BB28-1108D1A3C3C5.jpeg

One of the two my mother-in-law gave me for the wedding. As you can see, I don’t wear these because they clash with my cool colored skin. :confused2:
I'm sorry @strawrose but I don't think that clashes at all with your skin - I think it looks beautiful. If anything, it pops against your skin tone. :love: I'd wear those babies all the time.

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock
I'm sorry @strawrose but I don't think that clashes at all with your skin - I think it looks beautiful. If anything, it pops against your skin tone. :love: I'd wear those babies all the time.

Thanks. Lol... no really, I’m like Snow White, except not as pretty. Definitely cool-colored, and the picture doesn’t show it.:lol:

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@strawrose you are lucky to have pale skin, the yellow gold will stand out even more! It doesn't clash at all, for hundreds of years there was only yellow gold available, and the white skinned ladies of Europe had no problems at all wearing it. =)

DW has brown skin and always preferred white gold because she thought yellow gold blended in with her skin and got lost. You should definitely wear your bracelet, and think of all the brownie points you'll win with your MIL. ;)2

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock
@strawrose you are lucky to have pale skin, the yellow gold will stand out even more! It doesn't clash at all, for hundreds of years there was only yellow gold available, and the white skinned ladies of Europe had no problems at all wearing it. =)

DW has brown skin and always preferred white gold because she thought yellow gold blended in with her skin and got lost. You should definitely wear your bracelet, and think of all the brownie points you'll win with your MIL. ;)2

Funny, I find that darker skin people look better with color. I’m so envious.

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
by LLJsmom » Aug 2, 2013 I recognize a lot of these old 24k styles people have posted. Nice to know there are some out there that know what I'm talking about... :lol: :lol: The dreaded yellow, YELLOW gold. ;-) I can appreciate it more now.

Didn't even know there was this thread. Here are some of my recent acquisitions. More fun and modern than a lot of the other 24K I have.

bracelet_2-jpg.545386

I love this bracelet! I saw it in another thread a few years ago then lost track of it. Last year I remembered and hunted down the same picture. Now, here it is again, with new pictures. I have so many loose stones and this is a great way to showcase them. Would you mind if I used it for inspiration?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this bracelet! I saw it in another thread a few years ago then lost track of it. Last year I remembered and hunted down the same picture. Now, here it is again, with new pictures. I have so many loose stones and this is a great way to showcase them. Would you mind if I used it for inspiration?
Thank you. And please do whatever makes you happy. I can’t take credit for this design. I bough this as a finished piece. Hope yours turns out well.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results