shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your East West emerald cut rings!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Screen Shot 2020-05-09 at 3.59.19 PM.png

Definitely not everyone's cup of tea, but I just had a 3ct (lab made centre) emerald cut set east-west in a really chunky band. It's not my original engagement ring, but I honestly never take this one off. The weight is super reassuring and it's the most comfortable ring I own.

Love it as Iove chunky Gypsy settings!

Thanks for sharing.

DK :kiss2:

Mooshi

Shiny_Rock
LOVE this! I'm actually having two rings made in this style because I couldn't decide between asscher and emerald cut. Please make a thread on this ring with LOADS of photos! :)

Definitely not everyone's cup of tea, but I just had a 3ct (lab made centre) emerald cut set east-west in a really chunky band. It's not my original engagement ring, but I honestly never take this one off. The weight is super reassuring and it's the most comfortable ring I own.

crashsle

Rough_Rock
LOVE this! I'm actually having two rings made in this style because I couldn't decide between asscher and emerald cut. Please make a thread on this ring with LOADS of photos! :)

Thank you!! That's so funny that you're having two made though. After getting this one I found a few sapphires on etsy - one is going to be a super chunky solitaire in the same style, and the other is a square cushion that will have pear sides. Who needs to make decisions when you can just do one of everything instead. I can't wait to see your rings!

(Also do you (or anybody else!) know where I should put the thread? Does it have to go into lab made if it's a mix of stones? Is there a forum/area where I can post that only focuses on the style and not the stones origin? :confused:)

Mooshi

Shiny_Rock
Thank you!! That's so funny that you're having two made though. After getting this one I found a few sapphires on etsy - one is going to be a super chunky solitaire in the same style, and the other is a square cushion that will have pear sides. Who needs to make decisions when you can just do one of everything instead. I can't wait to see your rings!

(Also do you (or anybody else!) know where I should put the thread? Does it have to go into lab made if it's a mix of stones? Is there a forum/area where I can post that only focuses on the style and not the stones origin? :confused:)

I'd say Show Me The Bling would work :) Can't wait to see all the photos!

sprinklesparkles

Shiny_Rock
I love E/W emerald cut settings. Leon Mege has some beautiful ones on his page.

Oohhhh mygoodness this one!!! Perfection

Screenshot_20200514-123119_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20200514-123127_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20200514-123123_Chrome.jpg

sprinklesparkles

Shiny_Rock

I love this look, chunky in the best way.

avalonrose

Rough_Rock
I'm having an east west emerald cut ring resetted currently. This will be my first e/w setting. I have long somewhat thin fingers that I wish were a little shorter actually, so I think the east west will give my hand more of a balanced look than with the N/S orientation that I have previously worn.

sprinklesparkles

Shiny_Rock
I'm having an east west emerald cut ring resetted currently. This will be my first e/w setting. I have long somewhat thin fingers that I wish were a little shorter actually, so I think the east west will give my hand more of a balanced look than with the N/S orientation that I have previously worn.

What's it going to look like?

avalonrose

Rough_Rock
sprinksparkles, I love your ring! I'ts very elegant. Mine is a similar footprint, but without the pave on the band. I'm doing white gold mounting but a yellow gold band.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Found this setting when I was looking for inspiration for the EC Mahenge Spinel that Jeff has cut for me.
I would probably have skinny EC side stones to soften the sharp corners.

DK :))

avalonrose

Rough_Rock
Alittlelight....mine is a 1.3 ct. Dimensions roughly 5mm x 8mm

sprinklesparkles

Shiny_Rock
@sprinklesparkles , @avalonrose — what size are your stones? I am thinking about a ring like this. I love your ring, sprinklesparkles, beautiful proportions

I'm not sure on exact carat weight but it's about 8x6mm, and my fiance said it's larger than 1.5ct but couldn't remember the specs.

sprinksparkles, I love your ring! I'ts very elegant. Mine is a similar footprint, but without the pave on the band. I'm doing white gold mounting but a yellow gold band.

That'll be beautiful! Mine is just a touch high for me and the band warps very easily since it's thin. It's bent quite a few times and the pave twists now because of it.

P

Petalouda

Loveeeeeee. Did single stone make this for you? I think I recall seeing it on Instagram and loving it then

avalonrose

Rough_Rock
So my ring is to look pretty much like this from Van Bargen's jewelry (photo by Von Bargen), except mine is going to have a white gold mounting and tab prongs instead of claw. Anyway I need some advice:
I'm wondering if I should be putting a small round (1.5 mm), prong set, on either side of the ring to give it a little more sparkle. I like the clean classic solitaire look and plan to wear the ring with a Cartier trinity small band, but I wonder if the rounds would give it a little extra oomph, or take away? I could use some advice! ring1.jpeg

sprinklesparkles

Shiny_Rock
So my ring is to look pretty much like this from Van Bargen's jewelry (photo by Von Bargen), except mine is going to have a white gold mounting and tab prongs instead of claw. Anyway I need some advice:
I'm wondering if I should be putting a small round (1.5 mm), prong set, on either side of the ring to give it a little more sparkle. I like the clean classic solitaire look and plan to wear the ring with a Cartier trinity small band, but I wonder if the rounds would give it a little extra oomph, or take away? I could use some advice! ring1.jpeg
I feel like it might take away from the step cuts to have a brilliant next to it. What about teeny tiny kites or traps?

avalonrose

Rough_Rock
Got my reset over the weekend! Here it is, couldn't figure out a way to make my hands not look distorted and weird, but oh well.My old setting was a platinum art deco halo that. I know most on this site would prefer to this one, but it just wasn't me.Having it in this solitaire really lets the light shine in more . ring1.jpg ring2.jpg : ring1.jpg ring2.jpg

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Got my reset over the weekend! Here it is, couldn't figure out a way to make my hands not look distorted and weird, but oh well.My old setting was a platinum art deco halo that. I know most on this site would prefer to this one, but it just wasn't me.Having it in this solitaire really lets the light shine in more . ring1.jpg ring2.jpg : ring1.jpg ring2.jpg

It's really beautiful! I'm glad you kept it simple & didn't add diamonds to it, plus it looks visually interesting with your Cartier. Perfect - job well done!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@avalonrose it turned out beautifully! I just love it, it showcases your gorgeous EC to perfection :kiss2:

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Agreed!

evergreen

Brilliant_Rock
Strolling through SMTB and I happen to have a (argh, needs a scrub but that's real life) photo of my E-W everyday e-ring that I took today! It's a 0.93 J VS2 emerald, split-shank platform bezel setting by David Klass in 18k RG. Much more subtle and practical than my original e-ring, the 1.3ct tranny on the left.
IMG_20200616_151022.jpg

kittytokaren

Rough_Rock

I ADORE this style and am planning a similar ring using an emerald center stone. Would you mind sharing the jeweler who made your ring?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results