shape
carat
color
clarity

Show Me Your Diamond Studs!

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
Yes! I was a little worried since my engagement ring is an F, but on my ears the J's are very white. Even right next to my ring, the color difference isn't very noticeable.
Glad to hear! Your studs look great on you! I just ordered a pair of studs, but K color for Valentine’s Day. I can’t wait to view them. My ering is K and I love it, but not sure how much the SF plays a role in the way it faces up. The studs have NF.

KW111018

Rough_Rock
Glad to hear! Your studs look great on you! I just ordered a pair of studs, but K color for Valentine’s Day. I can’t wait to view them. My ering is K and I love it, but not sure how much the SF plays a role in the way it faces up. The studs have NF.

Your E ring i assume that is your ER in your avatar) faces up very white too! I’m beginning to realize how much I like stones with a touch of warmth.

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
Your E ring i assume that is your ER in your avatar) faces up very white too! I’m beginning to realize how much I like stones with a touch of warmth.

Yes, that’s my ering! It really does face up nice and bright. As I mentioned before, this stone on paper alone would have gotten a hard pass but in person it’s beautiful. To me at least :)

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
^^ Stunning!

I’d love an OEC ring someday.

matt_k

Shiny_Rock
Do you folks think a martini setting for a pair of super ideal RBC diamonds (1.30 tcw) would make them look bigger, and also create better overall light performance?

GlitterInMyHair

Brilliant_Rock
Do you folks think a martini setting for a pair of super ideal RBC diamonds (1.30 tcw) would make them look bigger, and also create better overall light performance?

I actually think martini settings can make diamond earrings look smaller because they sit so low into the ear lobes. And in my experience, they really hurt my ears :(

My personal preference would be a 6-prong setting.

matt_k

Shiny_Rock
I actually think martini settings can make diamond earrings look smaller because they sit so low into the ear lobes. And in my experience, they really hurt my ears :(

My personal preference would be a 6-prong setting.

But wouldn't a six-prong setting totally obscure and/or overpower a .65 carat stone?

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
Personally I would do 4 prong with that carat size.

MrsBlue

Brilliant_Rock

Mine are this size and I'm not enjoying the martini settings. I definitely need something with a flatter back so that I can wear them snugly without any discomfort. I can't speak for other vendors but Whiteflash makes the prongs so tiny and delicate that I can't imagine them overpowering the stone at all.

lynahs1295

Shiny_Rock

Mine are this size and I'm not enjoying the martini settings. I definitely need something with a flatter back so that I can wear them snugly without any discomfort. I can't speak for other vendors but Whiteflash makes the prongs so tiny and delicate that I can't imagine them overpowering the stone at all.

i agree, i love my WF earrings (4 prong basket) although they are 0.50ct total...i tried on the martini as well and liked the way the basket fit on my ear without sinking in...i think for that size, flatter back might work better! and i agree, the prongs are so tiny IRL...the pics online make them look big but in person they are very dainty =)2

matt_k

Shiny_Rock
You gals convinced me--- gonna go with a 4 prong setting. Thanks so much for the advice! ❤️

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

I personally don’t like martini settings for studs. It makes them go flat against the ear like a sticker..That just my opinion. I just sent a pair back to have the backs remade so I will have it jut out a little from the earlobe. It’s just personal preference. I do think they look bigger in a basket or buttercup setting..

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I just traded in my 1.52tcw with 3 prong martini settings for a nicer cut, 6 prong basket setting and I am very pleased. The new pair look bigger and sit much nicer on my ears. They don’t sink in lie the martini setting. I attached a photo of the old 3 prong and the new 6 prong side by side and also a couple of photos of my new set. I will try to get ear shots later.
A3F75CE2-1DF0-4453-885C-8C63844920DA.jpeg 737A646E-BE45-4A0D-8B62-9FF3CEE67B0C.jpeg 4C4098B4-B542-4780-BB3C-DA27F26BBC47.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results