shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your DIAMOND NECKLACES and PENDANTS!

Jr22

Shiny_Rock
Close up photo.

060v2.jpg

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
Gypsy|1297130764|2846151 said:
iheartbora|1297028356|2845076 said:
Gypsy|1296943030|2844262 said:
DS that is my pendant. And BGD made it, so of course I have no issue with THEM selling it. What I didn't want is for someone to take the pictures of my pendant and go to their own jeweler and say "copy this." And since that jeweler isn't in the US, then they might make an exact replica, which I don't think is fair to BGD.

Maybe I was unclear about what I was saying. I am glad iheartbora to hear that you won't be asking your uncle to copy any designs.

Leslie Greene has my favorite pendants. She has a less expensive line and a more expensive line, and the more expensive one is stunning.

There is also another pendant I love. I will have to see if I can find it.

Umm...So I guess you are referring to more unique designs, which I can kind of understand... but I don't see your concern any different than someone taking the Harry Halo or Tiffany 6-prong knief edge design and asking any vendor, within the US or not, to copy it.

Tiffany six prong is no longer protected. And I personally wouldn't ask for a copy of any copyrighted ring, though I know other's have, without the legal required modifications. I don't like that people do that either. And if I do post pics of rings I always say that the original design needs to be altered by a certain percentage if you are asking someone reputable to remake it, or that it is best to go with the original if you want exactly that item. 8)

But yes. I was in general speaking of more 'unique' designs to use your description.

Some people are sensitive to grammar. I'm sensitive to copying protected work.

crown1... if all your friends jumped off a bridge to their deaths would that make it okay for you to do it? Sorry the lemming arguement doesn't hold water for me. You are responsible and can control what you do-- regardless of what others do. ;))

LaughingG... I WANT THAT PENDANT.

gypsy...maybe you are a little too sensitive. you freely express your opinions and displeasure here rather often. this is not personal with me and i will not address it further as per ps rules.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hey, IHeartBora ... here's a quick shot of two of mine together. Top's a 1.11 Burmese ruby in a bezeled twist setting, bottom's a chunky bezeled diamond of 1.3 carats with a crescent bail.

Ruby Pendant 2 009.jpg

pixies

Shiny_Rock
Circe|1297268973|2847634 said:
Hey, IHeartBora ... here's a quick shot of two of mine together. Top's a 1.11 Burmese ruby in a bezeled twist setting, bottom's a chunky bezeled diamond of 1.3 carats with a crescent bail.
I love your layered necklaces! They look perfect together.

SandyCheeks

Brilliant_Rock
Jr22|1297148779|2846392 said:
Close up photo.

Wow Jr22 that is gorgeous! Your wife is going to love it, great Valentines Day gift.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SandyCheeks|1297319783|2848313 said:
Close up photo.

Wow Jr22 that is gorgeous! Your wife is going to love it, great Valentines Day gift.

Whoa! You win the Good Husband award!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1297345352|2848390 said:
SandyCheeks|1297319783|2848313 said:
Close up photo.

Whoa! You win the Good Husband award!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

i'm with sandy cheeks and diamondseeker on this. great vd gift! keep up the good work.

ds, thanks for the comment about the tagline!

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
necklacemring.jpg

This is my little everyday pendant and necklace. I wanted a little bling but not too much, and something I wouldn't have to worry about leaving on. It's diamonds and yellow sapphire on 14K white gold, on a 16" 14K white gold chain. I love the chain... a little ball and socket kind of thing, which I've only ever seen at my little local jewelry store. (My favorite B&M, where they make a lot of their own pieces like this little butterfly).

Jr22

Shiny_Rock
:lol: HAHA Thanks diamondseeker! I'm trying. One thing I've learned over the years is that marriage takes work and that you have to stop and smell the roses because time flies in this crazy world we live in. Especially when you have little ones, you need to take a little time to do something for the both of you and not solely focus on the kids.

Laughinggravy0

Shiny_Rock
Gypsy, thanks dear, which one ? :tongue:
And I yup, re intellectual property, I'm you all the way. I'm a bookbinder, among other things, and I'm sensitive to 'recycling' ideas :wink2:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh I want to play. Here are mine! Photos came out a little blurry. Top: .50 ct. cross, 2 ct. heart. Middle: pink sapphire flower with
.24 diamonds. I ct. invisible set princess heart, and .15 key pendant. Bottom: .50 heart, .50 cross, champagne cross, diamond and
tanzanite cross.

The pics don't do them justice. Most are good quality diamonds, the champagne is kinda iffy. I think some got a little hand lotion on
them while I was trying to position them to get the pic!

IMG_0586.JPG

IMG_0584.JPG

IMG_0583.JPG

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hm, just read the whole thread. (IHeartBora, I hope you don't mind your thread turning into a philosophical debate! If you do, say the word and I'll happily ask the mods if they can delete this and I'll start a new thread in Hangout.) I have very strong feelings about intellectual property - like, I genuinely believe that's there's a special place in hell for plagiarists. But, that said, I do think jewelry and other creative work fall into a separate category (and so does the legal system, insofar as I understand it: if I tried publishing a version of, say, Twilight that only differed by 30%, I'd be in court faster than you could say "Metallic, not shiny, vampire!").

I think there are certain designs out there that are so iconic that most pieces "referencing" them are, if not defacto copies, then at the very least pieces depending on the "reference" for a good part of their effect: the Cartier Love bracelet, the Tiffany Legacy, the VCA Alhambra line. But I also think that big companies can take advantage of their stature to lay claim to classic designs that have been present in the public sphere for so long that it's almost the reverse effect when they promote lines featuring those looks: Cartier trinity bands were known as Russian wedding bands way before Cartier even existed, and don't even get me started on the Bezet thing.

So long as we're not talking about, like, cast models of famous designs, I really don't see a problem with halo pieces that use cushions and round melee like Harry Winston's much-admired designs, or trellis settings that are take-offs on the Lucida. For one thing, they're classics: for another, art inspires art inspires art, right?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
CIrce, I actually love that jewelry inspires jewelry. That's WHY all my pieces are posted here-- to inspire others. I thought what SG did was horrible to Parrot Tulips and spoke up about it then. And I was thrilled for Marcy who loved my ring design enough that she had it replicated, but sad for her that Excel couldn't do justice to the design and the ONLY person I was upset at in that senario was Excel because they knew the design was Ocean's copyright and infringed anyway. So I like to think I've been an advocate of inspiration on this bboard for years.

And I have actually found pieces in the public sphere that strongly resemble (usually at Langs) some pieces that people have claimed as copyrighted as orignal designs so I know how much of jewelry design is borrowing elements. I think as long as you stay away from a direct and exact copy of a copyrighted design, that's great. But I do have an issue where someone has come up with something really lovely, like James Meyer, and people take those pics we post and have that exact ring copied (fplus the results are usually poor imitations, not through design changes, but just because of the lack of skill of the person copying) without any permission from the original artist.

The issue I had, which was VERY VERY VERY specific to this thread and THIS OP is that in the past she has had her uncle make exact copies of pieces posted on here. Like her five stone which is a replica of a WF or BGD (don't ask me which) design. My personal issue was that I feel my pendant design is unique enough, as a whole, to be protected, and I didn't want BGD's rights infringed on in the far east by an indulgent uncle.

And I wanted others who might be posting their unique designs to be aware that this was a potential concern, as far as I saw it.

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
luv2sparkle|1297376793|2848808 said:
Oooh I want to play. Here are mine! Photos came out a little blurry. Top: .50 ct. cross, 2 ct. heart. Middle: pink sapphire flower with
.24 diamonds. I ct. invisible set princess heart, and .15 key pendant. Bottom: .50 heart, .50 cross, champagne cross, diamond and
tanzanite cross.

The pics don't do them justice. Most are good quality diamonds, the champagne is kinda iffy. I think some got a little hand lotion on

Ooooo LOVE the pink flower and the sapphire cross!!!!!!

iheartbora

Shiny_Rock
Gypsy|1297379548|2848839 said:
CIrce, I actually love that jewelry inspires jewelry. That's WHY all my pieces are posted here-- to inspire others. I thought what SG did was horrible to Parrot Tulips and spoke up about it then. And I was thrilled for Marcy who loved my ring design enough that she had it replicated, but sad for her that Excel couldn't do justice to the design and the ONLY person I was upset at in that senario was Excel because they knew the design was Ocean's copyright and infringed anyway. So I like to think I've been an advocate of inspiration on this bboard for years.

And I have actually found pieces in the public sphere that strongly resemble (usually at Langs) some pieces that people have claimed as copyrighted as orignal designs so I know how much of jewelry design is borrowing elements. I think as long as you stay away from a direct and exact copy of a copyrighted design, that's great. But I do have an issue where someone has come up with something really lovely, like James Meyer, and people take those pics we post and have that exact ring copied (fplus the results are usually poor imitations, not through design changes, but just because of the lack of skill of the person copying) without any permission from the original artist.

The issue I had, which was VERY VERY VERY specific to this thread and THIS OP is that in the past she has had her uncle make exact copies of pieces posted on here. Like her five stone which is a replica of a WF or BGD (don't ask me which) design. My personal issue was that I feel my pendant design is unique enough, as a whole, to be protected, and I didn't want BGD's rights infringed on in the far east by an indulgent uncle.

And I wanted others who might be posting their unique designs to be aware that this was a potential concern, as far as I saw it.

Gypsy, I'm not sure where you got "exact copy" from, unless you have absolute proof, I don't think you are being very fair to me. I must say my five stone is NOT a replica of WF or BGD, it was inspired by Sasha Primak, but I've made a lot of modifications to the design (prongs further out, diamonds set way higher, areas under the stone is not solid). We can easily turn this around and say WF or BGD copied whoever is the original designer, does that mean WF or BGD are "indulgent vendors on the far west"? I don't think so?

I completely respect copyrighted items, but in this "VERY VERY VERY" specific case, it's not.

And honestly if you are that concerned of your unique designs, the best thing to do is not post it on a public forum and/or get it copyrighted under your name so you are ready to sue if you have to.

iheartbora

Shiny_Rock
luv2sparkle|1297376793|2848808 said:
tanzanite cross.

That's an awesome collection luv2sparkle!!! Thanks for sharing!! :love: :love: :love:

iheartbora

Shiny_Rock
missydebby|1297348841|2848421 said:
necklacemring.jpg

This is my little everyday pendant and necklace. I wanted a little bling but not too much, and something I wouldn't have to worry about leaving on. It's diamonds and yellow sapphire on 14K white gold, on a 16" 14K white gold chain. I love the chain... a little ball and socket kind of thing, which I've only ever seen at my little local jewelry store. (My favorite B&M, where they make a lot of their own pieces like this little butterfly).
I really like the chain as well!! And yes, it's a great everyday type of bling! :))

iheartbora

Shiny_Rock
Circe|1297268973|2847634 said:
Do you ever wear the two together? It looks very neat! And thanks for your picture and post, I'm totally cool with it. ::)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
iheartbora|1297383199|2848879 said:

Gypsy, I'm not sure where you got "exact copy" from, unless you have absolute proof, I don't think you are being very fair to me. I must say my five stone is NOT a replica of WF or BGD, it was inspired by Sasha Primak, but I've made a lot of modifications to the design (prongs further out, diamonds set way higher, areas under the stone is not solid). We can easily turn this around and say WF or BGD copied whoever is the original designer, does that mean WF or BGD are "indulgent vendors on the far west"? I don't think so?

I completely respect copyrighted items, but in this "VERY VERY VERY" specific case, it's not.

And honestly if you are that concerned of your unique designs, the best thing to do is not post it on a public forum and/or get it copyrighted under your name so you are ready to sue if you have to.

I apologize if I made any assumptions. Your five stone looks exactly like Neatfreaks. I'm sure it's just a coincidence.

As for getting something copyrighted under my name, I did not design it. BGD. That's why the copyright is THIERS. I can see that you do have a clear understanding of copyright. I have no issue with BGD selling the pendant, and encourage them to do so. But it is their design.

iheartbora

Shiny_Rock
Gypsy|1297387817|2848959 said:
iheartbora|1297383199|2848879 said:

I apologize if I made any assumptions. Your five stone looks exactly like Neatfreaks. I'm sure it's just a coincidence.

As for getting something copyrighted under my name, I did not design it. BGD. That's why the copyright is THIERS. I can see that you do have a clear understanding of copyright. I have no issue with BGD selling the pendant, and encourage them to do so. But it is their design.

I can't even find Neatfreak's thread on her five stone (never seen her ring before), so can't comment if it "looks exactly the same", but if she got it from BGD, to my best knowledge, BGD's design does not have an open gallery, and the stones are set much lower.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results