shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your DIAMOND NECKLACES and PENDANTS!

iheartbora

Shiny_Rock
Hello fellow PSers!! Please show me your necklaces and pendents! :appl: :appl: :appl:

I'm starting my next project and I need ideas...I'm looking for something that is causal enough to wear to work but also blingy enough for dinner parties. :bigsmile:
If you know of any websites with tons of lovely designs, please post it as well. Thanks X 1000000 :wavey:

iheartbora

Shiny_Rock
Okay let me start first... I got this wonderful gift for my birthday last year :bigsmile:

iheartbora_pendant.JPG

diva rose

Shiny_Rock
Oh wow! That is some major bling there! So pretty! :D
Don't have necklaces/pendants to share yet. I will remind my DH ;-)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi iheartbora,

I know you have a great bench through your uncle, but part of the reason some people may not post anything beyond simple solitaire pendants is that we really don't like to contibute to copyright infringement. I understand that the pieces are made in the far east and that US copyright may not protect the designer's rights there, but as a moral comfort issue, I wouldn't post designs for you knowing that you will likely have them copied instead of going to the original designers.

Sorry, but... that's just the honest truth. A lot of the designers and jewelers that have helped us with our pieces have invested a lot of effort and time in making our pieces and they deserve to have thier efforts protected.

Of course, many of our pics are posted for all to see on this board. But for me, it's a step further for us to re-post them for you in this thread knowing you will likely just take the design and have it copied without the original designer getting any benefit.

I would also request that no one post any of my pieces in this thread, on my behalf.

Good luck,
Gypsy

iheartbora

Shiny_Rock
Gypsy|1296887951|2843779 said:
Hi iheartbora,

I know you have a great bench through your uncle, but part of the reason some people may not post anything beyond simple solitaire pendants is that we really don't like to contibute to copyright infringement. I understand that the pieces are made in the far east and that US copyright may not protect the designer's rights there, but as a moral comfort issue, I wouldn't post designs for you knowing that you will likely have them copied instead of going to the original designers.

Sorry, but... that's just the honest truth. A lot of the designers and jewelers that have helped us with our pieces have invested a lot of effort and time in making our pieces and they deserve to have thier efforts protected.

Of course, many of our pics are posted for all to see on this board. But for me, it's a step further for us to re-post them for you in this thread knowing you will likely just take the design and have it copied without the original designer getting any benefit.

I would also request that no one post any of my pieces in this thread, on my behalf.

Good luck,
Gypsy

Hey Gypsy! Great points!! But I actually wasn't planning to go through my uncle for this and my stud project because I didn't see anything that caught my eye when I was there, and now that vacation is over, I won't be going back anytime soon, LOL! I'm already working with BGD on my studs but still to be determine which vendor to go with for the necklace ::)

iheartbora

Shiny_Rock
Gypsy|1296887951|2843779 said:
Hi iheartbora,

Good luck,
Gypsy

Actually, how can I tell which pieces are copyrighted? I see a lot of Harry inspired halos and various versions of diamond by the yard necklace that Tiffany also makes on the site by PS vendors... How is that different from what you are concerned about? :confused:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Almost everyone here looks for ideas for custom projects and then sends pictures to the vendor who is making the item. If the items are posted on the internet, then look at them for ideas. Go to the Show Me the Bling forum and do a search for pendants. A jeweler can make you a pendant with small changes to make yours unique, but there are many classic styles that you'll see many of on here.

Gypsy, isn't Brian Gavin selling a version of your pendant??? I was a little confused when you posted what you did above. I did not do a search to look at your pendant to compare it to this one, but I thought it was like this one:

http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/home/ring-details/?product_id=5458

I would not post your link since you asked for no one to do so, but it made me wonder if you realized a similar one is being sold on the BGD site. :confused:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Personally, for work and everyday, I think a solitaire pendant is best. But if you wanted a little more bling, I'd suggest something like a halo pendant:

http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/home/ring-details/?product_id=5677

Another idea is a small round diamond with a pear below it, tip pointed up.

My personal dream pendant is an AVC from Good Old Gold (smaller than this one) set in a double claw basket setting like this:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/leon-mege-perry-chen-thank-you-once-again.151761/

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Ditto, DS, I soooo want a AVC for a pendant.....What size do you think is best though?? Im also thinking of a milgrain bezel, but I dont know....(sorry to hijack, bora)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dani, for me, I think I want it to be close to the size of a 1 ct. round, which would be around 6.5mm. I am thinking I would look for a 1.3-1.5 ct. AVC to get somewhere near that size. I like the pendant to be smaller than the e-ring but larger than the stud size.

I'd be more inclined to do a milgrain bezel on one of the AV rounds, which I also adore. That would be my other choice for a pendant!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, DS!!!! Gosh, I didnt realize that a 1.3 cushion compares to a 1 ct RB :((

Those AVC's sure are spectacular though!!! :love:

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not for every day use but definitely blingy! This was my wedding gift from the dear in laws! I admit that sometimes i dare wear it to work :D

Attachments

• necklace7897.bmp
    890.7 KB · Views: 2,949

wakingdreams53

Brilliant_Rock
NatyLad, your sets are GORGEOUS!!! I'm genuinely AWED!
Sorry Bora, nothing of my own (yet) to contribute, but love the thread idea :)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
DS that is my pendant. And BGD made it, so of course I have no issue with THEM selling it. What I didn't want is for someone to take the pictures of my pendant and go to their own jeweler and say "copy this." And since that jeweler isn't in the US, then they might make an exact replica, which I don't think is fair to BGD.

Maybe I was unclear about what I was saying. I am glad iheartbora to hear that you won't be asking your uncle to copy any designs.

Leslie Greene has my favorite pendants. She has a less expensive line and a more expensive line, and the more expensive one is stunning.

There is also another pendant I love. I will have to see if I can find it.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
http://www.baxtermoerman.com/index2.php Their pieces are beautiful and very reasonable. The Beachstone pendant is a favorite of mine.

And the music on the website is awesome.

Naty, holy crap. That pic is like a ad. WOW stunning pieces. Would love to be linked to the thread on all your bling. I'm flabbergasted.

Thomperchik

Shiny_Rock
I'm not a good photographer, so I apologize in advance.

I bought a pendant a while ago, and I liked it because of the mix gold. I'm trying to find something more "mature" I guess I should say.

Either way, here you go!

IMG00338-20110205-1821.jpg

stci

Ideal_Rock
Sorry I don't have neck shot.

.80 ct, G-H, Si diamonds.

coeur_diamant_80ct_HSI2.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1296943030|2844262 said:
DS that is my pendant. And BGD made it, so of course I have no issue with THEM selling it. What I didn't want is for someone to take the pictures of my pendant and go to their own jeweler and say "copy this." And since that jeweler isn't in the US, then they might make an exact replica, which I don't think is fair to BGD.

Maybe I was unclear about what I was saying. I am glad iheartbora to hear that you won't be asking your uncle to copy any designs.

Leslie Greene has my favorite pendants. She has a less expensive line and a more expensive line, and the more expensive one is stunning.

Whew! I am glad I haven't quite lost my mind yet! I thought for sure that was your beautiful pendant! I would hope anyone wanting one would certainly go through Brian. I think it is always best to get something you love from the original maker (assuming it was good quality, of course) especially when it is a unique design.

Laughinggravy0

Shiny_Rock
Hi, I love pendants - so easy to wear and they can really lift a whole outfit.
I had an OEC which was a really good size, but I'm not crazy about rounds so its on consignment with Erica.
I had told myself I would buy nothing until I sold it, but when James Meyer had his closing down sale I just couldn't resist this... :Up_to_something:

hmmm, uploaded photos in wrong order, but clear I think, the middle photo is my replacement pendent, the first and last, the OEC, for an idea of size 1.36 (as I remember), but faced up really well.

stone with JBEG.JPG

Meyer.JPG

IMG_6720.JPG

iheartbora

Shiny_Rock
natyLad|1296931397|2844066 said:
Not for every day use but definitely blingy! This was my wedding gift from the dear in laws! I admit that sometimes i dare wear it to work :D

OMG... speechless! That's an amazing amazing set.

iheartbora

Shiny_Rock

Umm...So I guess you are referring to more unique designs, which I can kind of understand... but I don't see your concern any different than someone taking the Harry Halo or Tiffany 6-prong knief edge design and asking any vendor, within the US or not, to copy it.

iheartbora

Shiny_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1296920212|2843925 said:
Personally, for work and everyday, I think a solitaire pendant is best. But if you wanted a little more bling, I'd suggest something like a halo pendant:

http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/home/ring-details/?product_id=5677

Another idea is a small round diamond with a pear below it, tip pointed up.

My personal dream pendant is an AVC from Good Old Gold (smaller than this one) set in a double claw basket setting like this:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/leon-mege-perry-chen-thank-you-once-again.151761/

I'd love a single solitaire too...and yes at least 1ct...! After looking at all the PS vendor sites ... I found that it's either solitaire / halo pendant type or it goes all the way to tennis diamond necklace. I wonder if there is a design that's in between...?!

iheartbora

Shiny_Rock
Thomperchik|1296948568|2844338 said:
I'm not a good photographer, so I apologize in advance.

I bought a pendant a while ago, and I liked it because of the mix gold. I'm trying to find something more "mature" I guess I should say.

Either way, here you go!
I like the mix gold too!! And yes, I kind of know what you mean.. because now that I have a heart pendant, I'd like something more timeless/elegant/classic!

iheartbora

Shiny_Rock
Laughinggravy0|1297002491|2844746 said:
Hi, I love pendants - so easy to wear and they can really lift a whole outfit.
I had an OEC which was a really good size, but I'm not crazy about rounds so its on consignment with Erica.
I had told myself I would buy nothing until I sold it, but when James Meyer had his closing down sale I just couldn't resist this... :Up_to_something:

hmmm, uploaded photos in wrong order, but clear I think, the middle photo is my replacement pendent, the first and last, the OEC, for an idea of size 1.36 (as I remember), but faced up really well.
Oh wow, your old OEC looks huge on you!! And your replacement pendant is very cool!

iheartbora

Shiny_Rock
stci|1296953807|2844411 said:
Sorry I don't have neck shot.

.80 ct, G-H, Si diamonds.
Lovely!! BGD just came out with a whole series of necklaces that is similar to yours! :naughty:

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
iheartbora|1297028356|2845076 said:

Umm...So I guess you are referring to more unique designs, which I can kind of understand... but I don't see your concern any different than someone taking the Harry Halo or Tiffany 6-prong knief edge design and asking any vendor, within the US or not, to copy it.

i don't understand either. i don't ask for replicas to be made but can see no difference here. if it is ok for one should be for everyone else.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
i don't think i've ever posted this, and don't ask me for a better pic or a neck shot, coz i don't have any.

this set, which is stunning in real life, was given to me by my in-laws when I got engaged.

i have no idea about the carat weight, clarity etc, other than it is substantial and the stones are as white as my F colour e-ring. but your guess is as good as mine.

this is the only photo i have, taken in very low indoor light.

the jewels reside in a bank safe at the moment.

i keep meaning to post more photos of my jewellery, but i don't take any decent ones. Bad PSer!

dnecklace.jpg

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
ah, i thought of one more photo, I'll post it even though it's blurry...

here is the same cropped from a professional photo (the make up artist's hand is in front of my face)

and that's all folks

dneck.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
iheartbora|1297028356|2845076 said:

Tiffany six prong is no longer protected. And I personally wouldn't ask for a copy of any copyrighted ring, though I know other's have, without the legal required modifications. I don't like that people do that either. And if I do post pics of rings I always say that the original design needs to be altered by a certain percentage if you are asking someone reputable to remake it, or that it is best to go with the original if you want exactly that item. 8)

But yes. I was in general speaking of more 'unique' designs to use your description.

Some people are sensitive to grammar. I'm sensitive to copying protected work.

crown1... if all your friends jumped off a bridge to their deaths would that make it okay for you to do it? Sorry the lemming arguement doesn't hold water for me. You are responsible and can control what you do-- regardless of what others do. ;))

LaughingG... I WANT THAT PENDANT.

Jr22

Shiny_Rock
This is a pendant that I got for my wife and will give to her on valentines day. It's a Simon G pendant.

064.JPG

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results