shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Daniel M goodies!

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much @Myshinybestlife that is a massive compliment considering the caliber of rings on the forum he really does great stuff and is a dream to work with

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What’s the last one, is it some kind of purple chalcedony?

It's a blue chalcedony with a hint of lavender. Awful to photograph. It reflects everything. The tanzanite sides make it lean more lavender, too.

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
My sapphire earring jackets are here :lol: :kiss2:
20210223_191241.jpg
Sorry for the huge picture
I sent him my 1cttw cushion studs. They fit perfectly.

This is simply stunning what a gorgeous suite.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Y’all are killing me over here because my first Daniel M is in Usps limbo! I just can’t wait to get it and it’s taking forever!!

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
Y’all are killing me over here because my first Daniel M is in Usps limbo! I just can’t wait to get it and it’s taking forever!!

Dang, that stinks. I hate when that happens. Hopefully it will arrive soon!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Finally got mine today! But I created a thread about it in Vintage:

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Adding my most recent batch of Daniel M rings: A big light blue/gray spinel with lots of tiny glittery inclusions, cut by Dana at Mastercut Gems; a big rose de France amethyst, cut by Jeff Davies; and an iolite, cut by Jeff Davies, which has its own thread. The spinel and amethyst are in Dan's U-prong setting, but he added some beading detail to the prongs on the amethyst.
IMG_2346.jpg
IMG_2341.jpg IMG_2356.jpg IMG_2357.jpg IMG_2359.jpg IMG_2360.jpg IMG_2365.jpg IMG_2366.jpg IMG_2310.jpg IMG_2327.jpg

Bunnie

Rough_Rock
Adding my most recent batch of Daniel M rings: A big light blue/gray spinel with lots of tiny glittery inclusions, cut by Dana at Mastercut Gems; a big rose de France amethyst, cut by Jeff Davies; and an iolite, cut by Jeff Davies, which has its own thread. The spinel and amethyst are in Dan's U-prong setting, but he added some beading detail to the prongs on the amethyst.
IMG_2346.jpg
IMG_2341.jpg IMG_2356.jpg IMG_2357.jpg IMG_2359.jpg IMG_2360.jpg IMG_2365.jpg IMG_2366.jpg IMG_2310.jpg IMG_2327.jpg

I LOVE that metal halo with the iolite :kiss2: All three pieces are gorgeous!

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
IMG_2346.jpg

Your three rings are lovely! I'm also smitten with setting used with your iolite, it reminds me of CRD's hexagon and octagon settings, especially from the side view.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Alex T encourage me to post pictures in addition to my thread so I’m doing so. Dan created this vertical ring for me from some blue zircons in some existing settings.

69B46EDC-960D-48DC-9A59-3CDCE409FEE7.jpeg
11D46DC3-351F-497D-86C3-4E69786C1CB3.jpeg

Glad you've posted this in here. It has such a happy blue sky feel to it :kiss2:

Inbloom

Shiny_Rock
IMG_2346.jpg

@glitterata Wow each of those stones have their own unique personality! Love 'em. Well done with the setting designs too.

Question to the group: In general, what's the turnaround time these days for Daniel M custom jewelry? It's hard to sit still and wait for my little ring that's in production with him right now...haha

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
@glitterata Wow each of those stones have their own unique personality! Love 'em. Well done with the setting designs too.

Question to the group: In general, what's the turnaround time these days for Daniel M custom jewelry? It's hard to sit still and wait for my little ring that's in production with him right now...haha

I sent him four gemstones and a couple of things for repair in late January. I told him my job wasn't urgent and he could put his Valentines Day orders ahead of mine. His caster sent him a bad batch of castings, including a couple of my rings, so that delayed things further. He shipped out four of my rings on March 1 (the three I showed you, plus a repair he did for me). He still has one of my stones that I sent back in January, a trapiche emerald that will require some tricky designing to make it work. So for me, the answer is: It took about 5 weeks for three rings and a repair, and it's taken 7 weeks and counting for a fourth ring, but none of it was urgent and I was happy to wait. Though I might give him a little gentle reminder about that emerald...

Mreader

Ideal_Rock

Mine was about 2 weeks to finish and USPS was slow so that tacked on another week. He has some more things of mine - just saw the other poster who said 5 weeks eek I hope my other things don’t take that long!

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Two from-scratch and one modified design took just over two weeks, including the casting bungle. However, he has had one stone for two months, but I also told him to take his time. It's a more intricate setting. Maybe we should re-word telling him "no rush." :lol:

Laurainthesky

Shiny_Rock
Does he charge more than a local jewelry store due to name recognition and high quality? Does he work in platinum? Does he do non bezel work? I am considering using him.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Thank you!!

I would say his quotes are quite a bit lower than DK for example. I’ve only had one thing done from him and was really happy so he is doing two more things for me. I’ll post about them once I get them. There are some ppl who have said more critical things though so you may want to search the name more in the threads. :) I have noticed this just anecdotally, but it seems ppl use other vendors like DK for their more “high end” items. Not to say Dan can’t work with that, it’s just something I’ve noticed on PS.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results