shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your contemporary rings please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Hi - Here is my e-ring upgrade for our 25th anniversary. It is a semi-bezel 1.5 ct center stone with graduated yellow side diamonds channel set in platinum. I wear it solo, with no wedding band. It seems that my most favorite ring styles rarely feature a prong, so I think that I'm a contemporary gal, too.
2.gif

1Colors4171a.JPG

paige03

Rough_Rock
That''s so sweet of you, dinamit. So happy to hear you like it. My DH actually has wonderful taste--and this diamond was set in my original engagement ring flanked by pear sapphires. I actually chose this reset. I think the reason the stone looks large is because of the bezel treatment at the base of the stone. It''s still set with 4 claw prongs, but the platinum trimming the stone makes it look bigger. This setting seemed simple, yet I liked the zing of pave on the profile. I wear this alone, but I''m getting hungry for an eternity band of some kind (!!) and I might just switch off between this and the band.

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
well, i immediately thought of this one that rhombus posted. it''s definitely contemporary, unique, & special.

0722009.JPG

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, Isaku5! Old Miss Evil is both a left hand & right hand ring.

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
I love the Rhombus''s ring. I hope they post more photos with the wedding band, because I guess the ring is going to have to be flipped for that. I wonder if they will be joined together somehow? Maybe they will see this and explain.

dinamit

Shiny_Rock
Lovely ring Fly Girl. Yes, you are a contemporary gal by my standards :)!

And Paige...you know what I think about yours. As you say, the ring is simple, yet elegant, yet not something you see every day. Bezels appear to make stones look larger; it looks like my e-ring will be a half bezel after all. I loooveeee sapphires too, and pear sapphires sound yummy; do you have any photos of your original engagement ring? I have a nice sapphire diamond band but I wouldn''t exactly call it contemporary so I won''t post pics here. I, too, think your ring would look gorg with an eternity band. Hope you get one soon!

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
Flygirl.. That ring is divine
30.gif

Scotslass

Rough_Rock
I''m a big fan of contemporary rings and have to say everyone who has posted a pic they are stunning and some are very unusual which is what I like. Keep them coming if there is more.....I''m still on the hunt for a ring.

dinamit

Shiny_Rock
Ladies (and Gents!),

There must be more contemporary rings out there. Please don''t be shy and share!

Contemporarily mad Dinamit

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think mine is slightly contemporary.
9.gif

original.aspx

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Alright, is this ring contemporary enough

pinktourmalin%20030.jpg

dinamit

Shiny_Rock
Sorry for the late reply Megeve. Definitely is, it''s gorgeous!

This thread is getting kinda lonely...please bestow it with some lovely new pics!

caesarsalad

Rough_Rock
megeve

your ring is awesome!

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/24/2009 8:36:35 AM
Author: Madam Bijoux
Hi, Isaku5! Old Miss Evil is both a left hand & right hand ring.
I love it!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

lightseeker

Rough_Rock
Paige...your ring is absolutely STUNNING !!!!!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/29/2009 8:22:52 PM
Author: D&T
I think mine might be one, first custom ering, then reset to put amethyst for RHR

wow - you know, that purple really pops on that setting! I like it! I hope my setting does as well with a colored stone in it.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh maybe someone can find this... or maybe I can find it after I finish this thread - remember that 6 prong ring that looked like tree branches? I really liked that one! I also liked independent gal''s ring. I''m not sure it was the most popular ring but there was something fun about it to me.

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
mine!

po
x

PoShinee 2.jpg

butterflyblue

Shiny_Rock
You''re endless love setting is so pretty that is one of my favorites! I LOVE it!

dinamit

Shiny_Rock
Ladies!

How wonderful to see more gorgeous rings added - thanks for bumping this thread!

D&T, I am still mesmerised by the pic of that stunning pink sapphire ring with the diamond band...swoon.

It''s getting late here and I am getting confused; which one of you is the proud owner of the endless love ring? I
30.gif
that setting and can''t get enough pics, so pleeeeaseeee post some more...

Thanks!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/13/2009 2:29:29 AM
Author: Cehrabehra

I think mine might be one, first custom ering, then reset to put amethyst for RHR

wow - you know, that purple really pops on that setting! I like it! I hope my setting does as well with a colored stone in it.
Thank you Sara!... I bet yours will look stunning. what will you put in it?

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/13/2009 7:00:04 PM
Date: 9/13/2009 2:29:29 AM

Author: Cehrabehra

Thank you Sara!... I bet yours will look stunning. what will you put in it?

A large inexpensive emerald... hey I wonder if my ring would be considered contemporary - it''s... different but maybe it has too many traditional elements. I think maybe it''s "eccentric" lol!

dinamit

Shiny_Rock
Here is something to bump this thread: it''s my cheap and cheerful silver ring with zircons.

I am (VERY) anxiously waiting for a new RHR that will belong in this thread...the days are loooooooonnnnggggg....Agonising! Then again, patience was never my virtue.

Imported Photos 00021_compressed3.jpg

MAC-W

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/29/2009 6:58:49 PM
Author:dinamit
Hi there,

Pricescope is great for seeing all sorts of ring styles, but is it me or is there a lack of contemporary designs? I love the look of slightly sleeker, modern and simply elegant settings, so if you got one, please share it with the rest of us for some
30.gif
time.

Thanks!

Not so much nowadays but 10 years ago my ring was considered very contemporary. (3 equal sized stones and bar set were almost unheard of) Just goes to show how designs move on.
1.gif

myring_20-1.jpg

MAC-W

Brilliant_Rock
My RHR with Amythests

Hubby calls it my alien ring

Alien_Amythests_0107.JPG

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/23/2009 4:34:12 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady

Date: 7/19/2009 4:50:12 PM
Author: elle_chris
mine is a semi bezel by Sholdt
I freakin'' LOVE this ring!!
30.gif
I know, it''s one of my fav''s too !!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results