shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Christmas pearl purchases 2020

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I collect vintage Akoya strands from the 1940's to 1960's. I added this quirky cream strand to the collection. It's 30 inches long with 9mm pearls. Those tiny pearls on the clasps get me every time.

IMG_7262.jpg

IMG_7249.jpg

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
So fabulous, MM!!!
Your style is divine.
Thank you! I have never thought of myself having style...who me? :)

@MMtwo Late to the party but I absolutely love your golden SS studs. They are my favorite golden SS of all time—really out of this world color, and compliments your skin tone so well!
Thank you so much. I never saw a bright gold pearl before I saw the photos from @molinePDG. I was just curious and asked him what he had. As soon as I saw them, it was game over :)

I collect vintage Akoya strands from the 1940's to 1960's. I added this quirky cream strand to the collection. It's 30 inches long with 9mm pearls. Those tiny pearls on the clasps get me every time.

IMG_7262.jpg

IMG_7249.jpg

These are beautiful. Vintage pearls are so lovely. Those look like they have very thick nacre.

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
The #3 silk arrived yesterday, just in time to knot my wrinkly mauve pearls. Here they are. I made a bit of a mess of the last knot, but otherwise I think they came out well. I'm including a shot of the wrinkly pearls on my wrinkly neck. (I prefer imperfection because I don't like the contrast between perfect pearls and imperfect me.) I really like these pearls.

IMG_1610.jpg IMG_1611.jpg IMG_1614.jpg

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
The #3 silk arrived yesterday, just in time to knot my wrinkly mauve pearls. Here they are. I made a bit of a mess of the last knot, but otherwise I think they came out well. I'm including a shot of the wrinkly pearls on my wrinkly neck. (I prefer imperfection because I don't like the contrast between perfect pearls and imperfect me.) I really like these pearls.

I love love love these pearls. I love them on you. You have a lovely neck...not wrinkly at all. Adding some shiny, lustery pearls to my wish list now!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

Last photo lookd absolutly perfect to me !
What is the length please ?

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock

Not only are they lustrous, but they work wonderfully with your blond hair and coloring. I am really loving this strand on you. Just PERFECT!

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Not only are they lustrous, but they work wonderfully with your blond hair and coloring. I am really loving this strand on you. Just PERFECT!

Aww, thank you! The lighting is deceptive--I have lightish brown hair, though it was blonder when I was younger. It's so hard to capture the colors (of the pearls) in photos. They really are enchanting.

@Daisys and Diamonds , they ended up around 17 1/2 inches once I knotted them. (44.5 cm if you're in a metric part of the world.)

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Surprise surprise. An Etsy gift certificate was gifted to me. Well....the earrings need a necklace mate. I love the GSS earrings so much that I wanted a pendant for low-key casual. The pendant is a 13mm GSS. These may not be an exact match but should blend okay. My earrings are 9.7mm. I asked the shop owner to help find a pearl without obvious green or red overtones. (shop pics). Pearl is on an 18k chain. It's impossible to match through pictures, but here is me trying anyhow.

screenshot (8).png
il_1588xN.2666565698_63lr.jpg

my earring
20201212_143642.jpg

Last edited:

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks! They’re hoping to ship my goodies out on Monday so there’s a teeny tiny chance I’d get them by Christmas. But not biggie if not.

I’m thinking of restringing and combining my GSS into my choker so I can complete the pattern all around (I ordered 4 more 8-8.5mm gemmy akoya) and wear all the goodness in one necklace! The current one is finished with some 5mm freshwaters and is also a bit too short since I’d like it to be more around 16” since I’ll likely wear the new teeny akoyas as a choker. And layering them seems like it’d be fun. But we will see once they come in person!

Here are the 4 single akoya I added to my order to complete my necklace
4847913A-EC73-4440-A48C-13FCD86D950B.jpeg

They are stunning pearls, they look like mirrors!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have 2 more Christmas strands that have been delayed but this one came today. Fresh from the Ebay packaging- a vintage Akoya strand to add to my collection. This one is choker length.

IMG_7341.jpg

IMG_7331.jpg

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I have 2 more Christmas strands that have been delayed but this one came today. Fresh from the Ebay packaging- a vintage Akoya strand to add to my collection. This one is choker length.

IMG_7341.jpg

IMG_7331.jpg

Ohhh girl, you are on fire! Love it. The color and the lustre are on point.

I see on the last FW strands how it is not quite metallic, but they are very very nice. Congrats on all of the lovely pearls!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Okay, this is it. This is my last, last pearl purchase for the year. From OceanRhyme on Etsy (lots of creative and casual pearl things). Vendor photos. I am thinking this will be fun t-shirt casual strand. I am going to be an overblinged old lady.

il_1588xN.2344568139_7pt0.jpg
il_1588xN.2296963170_bgzt.jpg il_1588xN.2296963804_hsjg.jpg

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, this is it. This is my last, last pearl purchase for the year. From OceanRhyme on Etsy (lots of creative and casual pearl things). Vendor photos. I am thinking this will be fun t-shirt casual strand. I am going to be an overblinged old lady.

How gorgeous! I bet the stand will be made even more lovely by you wearing it.

lucida818

Brilliant_Rock
@MMtwo, how gorgeous :love: & I start looking forward to your 2021 pearl purchases :mrgreen:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Surprise surprise. An Etsy gift certificate was gifted to me. Well....the earrings need a necklace mate. I love the GSS earrings so much that I wanted a pendant for low-key casual. The pendant is a 13mm GSS. These may not be an exact match but should blend okay. My earrings are 9.7mm. I asked the shop owner to help find a pearl without obvious green or red overtones. (shop pics). Pearl is on an 18k chain. It's impossible to match through pictures, but here is me trying anyhow.

screenshot (8).png
il_1588xN.2666565698_63lr.jpg

my earring
20201212_143642.jpg

Woman! This is sooooooo fab!
I love it so much!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium

@MMtwo , you slay me.
It just keeps getting better and better.
This free form pearl is delicious!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

I love this
The randomness of the coloured pearls are perfect

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock

:love: This is the pearl strand I want someday. Just exactly like this! Everything is imperfectly perfect about it. The colors...
I am terrified to even try to buy pearls as I do not know how to pick them, at all.
May I ask, where did you find these?

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
How gorgeous! I bet the stand will be made even more lovely by you wearing it.
Thank you - that is super sweet (and I hope it works out!)

@MMtwo, how gorgeous :love: & I start looking forward to your 2021 pearl purchases :mrgreen:
Thanks Lucinda818, but this is it. I am probably going to let the smoke clear off my checkbook :)

Woman! This is sooooooo fab!
I love it so much!
Thanks Stracci!

@MMtwo , you slay me.
It just keeps getting better and better.
This free form pearl is delicious!
Thank you! I'm pretty excited. The vendor page had lots of clever designs. I really enjoyed shopping her pearls. https://www.etsy.com/shop/OceanRhyme

I love this
The randomness of the coloured pearls are perfect
I agree, I thought it was clever of the designer. Thank you!

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
:love: This is the pearl strand I want someday. Just exactly like this! Everything is imperfectly perfect about it. The colors...
I am terrified to even try to buy pearls as I do not know how to pick them, at all.
May I ask, where did you find these?

I bought them from an etsy seller called Fandapearl. This strand looks similar to mine, judging by the photos and the video--the pearls look so different in different lighting that it's hard to tell, but the seller's photos and video of mine were a lot like the ones in this listing (except mine are rounder):

I suspect that Fandapearl might be related to etsy seller KongsPearl, because they have the same background and the same dressmaker's dummy in some of their photos. KongsPearl also has similar strands. Again, it's hard to tell exactly what they'll look like in real life, because the photos vary so much depending on the lighting, but if you look for ones that are less peachy and more purply and greenish instead, you'll have a better chance of getting ones that look like mine. Mine were described as "Natural Metallic Mauve Green Kasumi Like Pearl Strand," and they are 8.5 - 11mm. Bigger ones are more dramatic, but my impression is that the smaller ones are more likely to have intenser colors.

I bought a clasp, silk cord, gimp, & glue, and strung them myself, which took me a while because I kept guessing wrong about the size cord etc I needed. You can probably get the seller to string them for you for a fee, if you don't feel comfortable doing it yourself.

I was disappointed at first when my strand arrived because the pearls looked so different from the photos, but after I saw them in lots of different lighting conditions they really grew on me, and now I adore them.

I hope this helps! If you do get a strand, post lots of pictures!

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

You did an awsome job of stringing these

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
I bought them from an etsy seller called Fandapearl. This strand looks similar to mine, judging by the photos and the video--the pearls look so different in different lighting that it's hard to tell, but the seller's photos and video of mine were a lot like the ones in this listing (except mine are rounder):

I suspect that Fandapearl might be related to etsy seller KongsPearl, because they have the same background and the same dressmaker's dummy in some of their photos. KongsPearl also has similar strands. Again, it's hard to tell exactly what they'll look like in real life, because the photos vary so much depending on the lighting, but if you look for ones that are less peachy and more purply and greenish instead, you'll have a better chance of getting ones that look like mine. Mine were described as "Natural Metallic Mauve Green Kasumi Like Pearl Strand," and they are 8.5 - 11mm. Bigger ones are more dramatic, but my impression is that the smaller ones are more likely to have intenser colors.

I bought a clasp, silk cord, gimp, & glue, and strung them myself, which took me a while because I kept guessing wrong about the size cord etc I needed. You can probably get the seller to string them for you for a fee, if you don't feel comfortable doing it yourself.

I was disappointed at first when my strand arrived because the pearls looked so different from the photos, but after I saw them in lots of different lighting conditions they really grew on me, and now I adore them.

I hope this helps! If you do get a strand, post lots of pictures!

Yes, it helps! :bigsmile:Thank you for taking the time to give me such great information! It helps immensely. Off to search the vendors.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks! I made a mess of the final knot, but I hid it in the photo. I used the easy "Japanese method," which is pretty foolproof until you get to that final knot.

Now stop telling people that =)2
Most people won't even notice even if you wear your hear up=)2

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results