shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Christmas pearl purchases 2020

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I'm only sharing this here, because I feel you ladies would understand. I was caught red handed photoshopping the Golden South Sea pearls onto a picture to check the color with my skin. My husband laughed so hard.

higanbanya

Shiny_Rock
This is such a lovely thread! Love seeing everyone’s pearls here, the lustre and the glow of the pearls from Tahitians to Golden South Seas are so beautiful!

Here’s my Akoya pearl threaders bought from an Etsy seller for my wedding in March and Mikimoto pearl studs for my birthday in November!

A05EA3A5-6EFA-429F-8A4A-6BD7FF90E4D8.jpeg
899CE3EE-1642-4BD4-AA8D-24E0BD28CAA1.jpeg 215B44FC-76DD-47A3-B1A3-A1CEAA558B79.jpeg

higanbanya

Shiny_Rock
I'm only sharing this here, because I feel you ladies would understand. I was caught red handed photoshopping the Golden South Sea pearls onto a picture to check the color with my skin. My husband laughed so hard.

Omg haha I totally get that feeling! After seeing those gem Golden South Seas I’m so tempted to get a pair from Moline pearls too, the Akoyas posted on Instagram is truly spectacular!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg haha I totally get that feeling! After seeing those gem Golden South Seas I’m so tempted to get a pair from Moline pearls too, the Akoyas posted on Instagram is truly spectacular!

I need to stop following that man on Instagram. The temptation is too real. I even tried to convince my dad to go in on an akoya strand for my mom. Haha

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Love seeing the amount of pearls purchased for Christmas!
Pearls do seem like such a winter staple!

Just purchased these simple freshwater pearl & ruby drops for my mother. I know she'll love them! Just something sweet & small!

s-l400.jpg

These are really beautiful. I bet those rubies will glow in the light. Rubies and pearls are so perfect together.

This is such a lovely thread! Love seeing everyone’s pearls here, the lustre and the glow of the pearls from Tahitians to Golden South Seas are so beautiful!

Here’s my Akoya pearl threaders bought from an Etsy seller for my wedding in March and Mikimoto pearl studs for my birthday in November!

A05EA3A5-6EFA-429F-8A4A-6BD7FF90E4D8.jpeg
899CE3EE-1642-4BD4-AA8D-24E0BD28CAA1.jpeg 215B44FC-76DD-47A3-B1A3-A1CEAA558B79.jpeg

The threaders are so cute. I would love to see any earshots you might share.
The Mikimoto are perfection. <3

He was showing another pair in his instagram. I am not sure if they are available, but they look like mine, but a little larger.

I need to stop following that man on Instagram. The temptation is too real. I even tried to convince my dad to go in on an akoya strand for my mom. Haha
Yeah, complete eye candy.

k6jjl.jpg

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I'm looking forward to stringing these mauve ripple pearls, and also these white ones, as soon as the right size gimp arrives in the mail. (Wow, pearls are hard to photograph! I don't know how you guys do it.)
IMG_1032.jpeg IMG_1029.jpeg IMG_1015.jpeg

I was so singularly focused on those GSS the other day that I forgot to ask you to bring back pictures once they are strung. I think they are so beautiful. I bet they look great on, too.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Haha sure! Most of the photos that I have of the pearl threaders were taken during the wedding, as a few weeks after the wedding there was a lockdown which lasted for months and I didn’t had an occasion to wear them out and take photos with it, so here’s some of what I have of them!

C1F677C6-13D8-480D-92F7-39BDE020F85D.jpeg
E3927692-5062-4A01-B123-0A8585D2A3AB.jpeg 64EFF44F-9859-45B3-A7CB-CB9B0B5D6EFB.jpeg

@astaeria I think those are my favorite pearl pictures ever - although your happiness upstaged them. You looked so beautiful and the pearls were perfect! I loved his you all were happy and laughing <3 Congratulations on your happy wedding!

higanbanya

Shiny_Rock
@astaeria I think those are my favorite pearl pictures ever - although your happiness upstaged them. You looked so beautiful and the pearls were perfect! I loved his you all were happy and laughing <3 Congratulations on your happy wedding!

Awwww that’s really high praise! Thank you so much! I can’t wait to see your GSS from Moline, the colour is just so gorgeous and I’m sure it’d look perfect with you! So many gorgeous pearl photos on this thread that I’m swooning over. Thanks for starting this thread!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha sure! Most of the photos that I have of the pearl threaders were taken during the wedding, as a few weeks after the wedding there was a lockdown which lasted for months and I didn’t had an occasion to wear them out and take photos with it, so here’s some of what I have of them!

C1F677C6-13D8-480D-92F7-39BDE020F85D.jpeg
E3927692-5062-4A01-B123-0A8585D2A3AB.jpeg 64EFF44F-9859-45B3-A7CB-CB9B0B5D6EFB.jpeg

Ohh thanks for sharing some of your photos!!

Such a beautiful bride :love: and you and your new hubby look so very happy together!! Congratulations!!!! :appl: :bigsmile:

molinePDG

Shiny_Rock
Trade
@astaeria your wedding photos are absolutely stunning. I wish you both a lifetime of happiness.

As for the rest of you meme-making folks, thank you so much for the kind (and ridiculous, hilarious) comments. I've saved the meme on my phone, too. I'm glad you all enjoy the photos. It's fun to have so many pearls in the house! As I told @MMtwo yesterday, it really is genuinely difficult to say goodbye to them, but what always makes me feel happy is that they go to appreciative PS homes.

Thank you for sharing so many wonderful photos, everybody, of all your pearls.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Snowdrop13 I don't think I have ever watched an episode of Corrie!

DK :lol-2:

higanbanya

Shiny_Rock
Ohh thanks for sharing some of your photos!!

Such a beautiful bride :love: and you and your new hubby look so very happy together!! Congratulations!!!! :appl: :bigsmile:

Thank you so much @yssie !! I aspire to have a collection like yours someday, the pearls are perfect, as with the diamonds!

@astaeria your wedding photos are absolutely stunning. I wish you both a lifetime of happiness.

As for the rest of you meme-making folks, thank you so much for the kind (and ridiculous, hilarious) comments. I've saved the meme on my phone, too. I'm glad you all enjoy the photos. It's fun to have so many pearls in the house! As I told @MMtwo yesterday, it really is genuinely difficult to say goodbye to them, but what always makes me feel happy is that they go to appreciative PS homes.

Thank you for sharing so many wonderful photos, everybody, of all your pearls.

Thank you so much! Keep posting them Instagram photos man, it brings me so much joy to see such beautiful gem-quality pearls that I’ve only seen at Mikimotos! At this rate I’ll probably cave and get a strand of Akoyas or GSS studs soon before Christmas next year haha.

Looking forward to seeing more pearl photos from everyone!!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I'm in awe of all the beautiful pearls! I bought metallic freshwater studs and a Tahitian pendant.

PXL_20201211_143307178 - Copy - Copy.jpg

PXL_20201211_144012397 - Copy - Copy - Copy.jpg

Very pretty, Rhd3. The freshwaters are very round and metallic. Really lovely.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Something about this year made me really want pearls! Maybe their perfection in imperfect times?

This is a custom freshwater pendant by Heart of Water. Fun project and lovely to wear.

DF0CA66E-BA82-4177-AFA1-FC72DBEB1D20.jpeg

Hi @Daisy_Margaret What a pretty pendant. I really like the chain too.

My Hanadama studs are at Heathrow airport today (I decided to buy from PP). Hopefully they’ll be in my hands next week and I can post my own pics!

Looking forward to the ear shots, Snowdrop13 :)

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Today I knotted up my cheap, white, wrinkly pearls to practice my knotting skills (I haven't done this in like a decade), but when I went to string my nice colorful ripples, I found that the holes are a slightly different size and none of my silk fits, so I had to order more. So much waiting! First I waited for the pearls to get here. Then I waited for the clasps. Then I found that my silk was too fine and waited for some thicker silk. Then I found that my gimp was too fine for the thicker silk and waited for thicker gimp. And now I find that the colorful pearls need thicker silk than the original stuff, but thinner than the stuff I got for the white ones, so I have to wait for in-between silk. I miss living around the corner from a bead shop and being able to shop in person without risking death.

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Today I knotted up my cheap, white, wrinkly pearls to practice my knotting skills (I haven't done this in like a decade), but when I went to string my nice colorful ripples, I found that the holes are a slightly different size and none of my silk fits, so I had to order more. So much waiting! First I waited for the pearls to get here. Then I waited for the clasps. Then I found that my silk was too fine and waited for some thicker silk. Then I found that my gimp was too fine for the thicker silk and waited for thicker gimp. And now I find that the colorful pearls need thicker silk than the original stuff, but thinner than the stuff I got for the white ones, so I have to wait for in-between silk. I miss living around the corner from a bead shop and being able to shop in person without risking death.

i know you are clever and it will look awsome
but this is what puts me off doing it myself
yesterday i looked at the price of bead boards - i figured if i can set my necklases out before they are remade all I'll have to pay for is the restringing/ knoting etc (i have a few projects that are total redoos) i think i can manage that, but once you get into different thicknesses of the cord i think its too much for me

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
i know you are clever and it will look awsome
but this is what puts me off doing it myself
yesterday i looked at the price of bead boards - i figured if i can set my necklases out before they are remade all I'll have to pay for is the restringing/ knoting etc (i have a few projects that are total redoos) i think i can manage that, but once you get into different thicknesses of the cord i think its too much for me

It's not actually hard once you have all the right ingredients--at least, it's not hard if you use the easy Japanese method, like I do. The hardest part is waiting for the mail to arrive!

m-cubed

Shiny_Rock
I'm looking forward to stringing these mauve ripple pearls, and also these white ones, as soon as the right size gimp arrives in the mail. (Wow, pearls are hard to photograph! I don't know how you guys do it.)
IMG_1032.jpeg IMG_1029.jpeg IMG_1015.jpeg

Those mauve pearls are stunning. May I ask where you got them?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's not actually hard once you have all the right ingredients--at least, it's not hard if you use the easy Japanese method, like I do. The hardest part is waiting for the mail to arrive!

I'll remember to try this method once i get brave enough

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such lovely pieces, everyone! My only pearls under the tree this year are faux. I did a custom project with some Swarovski pearls as real Golden South Seas aren't in the cards this year.

Oh I’d love to see them! I just ordered some Swarovski pearls in tiny sizes since finding real ones that small is quite a challenge. They looked lovely!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Such lovely pieces, everyone! My only pearls under the tree this year are faux. I did a custom project with some Swarovski pearls as real Golden South Seas aren't in the cards this year.

Nothing wrong with faux at all! I would rather have a nice faux pearl than a so-so cultured pearl.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
@molinePDG they came early! I love them! They are perfectly golden....exactly a match for the 18kt gold backings. No overtones of green, or pink...just gold.

20201212_143642.jpg
20201212_142357.jpg
20201212_142429.jpg
20201212_143023.jpg
20201212_142252.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look stunning! Do you like them? How do you think they go with your necklace?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results