shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Christmas pearl purchases 2020

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
I'm looking forward to stringing these mauve ripple pearls, and also these white ones, as soon as the right size gimp arrives in the mail. (Wow, pearls are hard to photograph! I don't know how you guys do it.)
IMG_1032.jpeg IMG_1029.jpeg IMG_1015.jpeg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm looking forward to stringing these mauve ripple pearls, and also these white ones, as soon as the right size gimp arrives in the mail. (Wow, pearls are hard to photograph! I don't know how you guys do it.)

they look beautiful
what size are they please ?

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
they look beautiful
what size are they please ?

The mauve ones are 8.5 - 11mm, according to the seller. The white ones are said to be 10 -11 mm. I haven't measured them myself, but that seems about right. A few of the white ones have missing patches where the bead shows through, but they were much cheaper. I like the mauve ones a lot.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
The mauve ones are 8.5 - 11mm, according to the seller. The white ones are said to be 10 -11 mm. I haven't measured them myself, but that seems about right. A few of the white ones have missing patches where the bead shows through, but they were much cheaper. I like the mauve ones a lot.

sometimes true beauty is in the imperfections
looking forward to seeing them strung around your neck

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sort of struggling to figure out how I feel. I don't feel the love like I usually do, but not sure if it is me or the pearls.

Take some time and look at them in different light sources.
The lighting in my kitchen makes all my pearls look awful. But in natural light, they look so much better.
But sometimes a piece just doesn't click. I have lots of pieces that I just cant talk myself into loving.
Like @yssie says, if you don't love them, then don't keep them.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
The lighting in my kitchen makes all my pearls look awful. But in natural light, they look so much better.
But sometimes a piece just doesn't click. I have lots of pieces that I just cant talk myself into loving.

I'll consider them...but still not clicking.You have given good advice. I can send them back pre-paid.

I asked Andrew about his GSS pearls and he showed me these.
Oh. My. Word.
I don't know if I can make them happen, but I want to. Aren't they just amazingly beautiful?
Otherworldly, divine....I can keep going

130732318_3660864480660411_5155077024328114526_n.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'll consider them...but still not clicking.You have given good advice. I can send them back pre-paid.

I asked Andrew about his GSS pearls and he showed me these.
Oh. My. Word.
I don't know if I can make them happen, but I want to. Aren't they just amazingly beautiful?
Otherworldly, divine....I can keep going

130732318_3660864480660411_5155077024328114526_n.jpg

Oooo. Imagine wearing 2 little suns on your ears.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Oooo. Imagine wearing 2 little suns on your ears.

Yes, yes little suns. The angels were singing when I saw these pearls....this color is just otherworldly. Now I gotta go firesale a couple of items and play the "tradsey" game.

I slept on it....but I still want them

Mcgregor

Shiny_Rock
Mrs-b, your new earrings are exquisite......as usual. I hope that they help to make you feel better!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful high end pearls ladies. :appl:

These are not high end- but a Christmas treat for myself. A double strand and 8 foot rope of 8mm rice pearls and a white Edison strand 10-13mm. I kind of fall in and out of love with pearls.

IMG_7046.jpg

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful high end pearls ladies. :appl:

These are not high end- but a Christmas treat for myself. A double strand and 8 foot rope of 8mm rice pearls and a white Edison strand 10-13mm. I kind of fall in and out of love with pearls.

IMG_7046.jpg

Those are great...and I would love to see how you style an 8' rope - I bet it's fantastic worn. The Edisons are also lovely. I appreciate you posting them.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock

Those are wonderful! I love the color.

They went back, I am getting these AMAZING gold pearls. @molinePDG sent pics of them in different lighting. I just can't say no. I'm in love. Thanks @yssie and @stracci2000

130553822_191474012519940_1847651695851900179_n.jpg 129762376_1655448897961228_4703980983141582242_n.jpg

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:appl: :appl: :appl: this is definatly the site of enablers

last night for some unknown reason i watched the Coronation street 60 year special
now i havn't really watched it since my grandma died in the late 70s
but it struck me how people used to wear pearls on a regular basis
all that faux stuff (or real) in the 80s was so much fun

Good lord that barmaid with the big blond hair used to pile on the bling :mrgreen2:
it was so much fun
and of course the Coro weddings all had pearls right back in the B&W days

Who would have thought Coronation Street would have provided me with pearl eye candy

anyway lovelly pearl ladies keep posting
im not getting pearls for Christmas so i have to live through all of you

Not to go too off topic, but you get Corrie in NZ? Wow! 60th is a huge deal here, I think.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not to go too off topic, but you get Corrie in NZ? Wow! 60th is a huge deal here, I think.

i remember watching it with Grandma in the 70s - Hilda and Stan are about all i can remenber and Bet the barmaid
its always screened here except once the top guy of the state broadcaster was an Aussie and he took in off air and there was a huge hugh and cry so they beought it back.
right now we really behind so they screen it throught the day where we were up to then at night they screen the new stuff a few weeks behind you
they had this big catch up special
im always shocked to see how the street has changed every tine i see it.
i have a freind who loves it - do not ring her when Corrination street is on

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i remember watching it with Grandma in the 70s - Hilda and Stan are about all i can remenber and Bet the barmaid
its always screened here except once the top guy of the state broadcaster was an Aussie and he took in off air and there was a huge hugh and cry so they beought it back.
right now we really behind so they screen it throught the day where we were up to then at night they screen the new stuff a few weeks behind you
they had this big catch up special
im always shocked to see how the street has changed every tine i see it.
i have a freind who loves it - do not ring her when Corrination street is on

I watched it with Granny too, in the 70’s, though haven’t seen it properly for years!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Omg I’m so jealous!!
MTG...you have your Shale pearl and some drop dead Akoya. You just need a pair of these too!...see, I'm HELPING you reach pearl goals.

I’m SO dead! Where does that guy get all these stonking pearls from?

IKR?! Like I showed hubby these pearls last night, and I obsessed for an hour. Then I talked to him again about the pearls. He agreed if I sold some stuff to buy them...and I did. It hurt, but I am sure it will be worth it.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I watched it with Granny too, in the 70’s, though haven’t seen it properly for years!

it occasionally gets on the news here
its not my cup of tea but i respect its place in television history and also the present, i wish it well for another 60 years

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha luckily I don’t wear earrings so am not too tempted for another pair of GSS. I love to admire them though!

EA752B53-CF5E-49DD-A71D-CB5AEC13837E.jpeg
Shale wanted to show off how well
He wears pearls.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Haha luckily I don’t wear earrings so am not too tempted for another pair of GSS. I love to admire them though!

EA752B53-CF5E-49DD-A71D-CB5AEC13837E.jpeg
Shale wanted to show off how well
He wears pearls.

I could look at cats in pearls all day long. He wears them so well.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

oh dear
id need to call up my long dead grandma
its this English soap that is the longest running soap of all time
its iconic
i don't remember it in black and white,( although i remember when NZ got colour telly)
we never had houses lile this all joined together, the street looked awful to me as a wee kid but for a long time now the interiors have changed with the times and they have modern story lines to match
i think Camilla and the Queen watch it
Prince Charles once had a walk on part to celebrate one of their anniversaries - he pulled a pint at the pub i think
interesting when my mum and dad went to London in 1987 a policeman they talked to wanted to kmow of we got Corrination steet in NZ
my other half hates it so much if he hears the theme music his blood pressure rises
i always liked the ginger cat on the opening credits

English pearl wearers please chip in and help me out

Last edited:

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
oh dear
its iconic
i don't remember it in black and white,( although i remember when NZ got colour telly)
we never had houses lile this all joined together, the street looked awful to me as a wee kid but for a long time now the interiors have changed with the times and they have modern story lines to match
Prince Charles once had a walk on part to celebrate one of their anniversaries - he pulled a pint at the pub i think
interesting when my mum and dad went to London in 1987 a policeman they talked to wanted to kmow of we got Corrination steet in NZ
my other half hates it so much if he hears the theme music his blood pressure rises

Haha, I have to check it out now. Thanks!

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh dear
its iconic
i always liked the ginger cat on the opening credits

“British” dear @Daisys and Diamonds, British! We Scots get very upset when “England“ is used to mean the whole country!

But yes, Coronation Street is a national institution. It’s very unglamorous and follows the lives of people living in a working class (originally) community with terraced houses in the North of England. The action takes place in the homes of the characters but also in the shop and local pub. All sorts of things have happened over the years, murders, fires, affairs, you name it. They were before their time on many occasions- there was a trans character, who was much loved, at least 20 years ago.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
“British” dear @Daisys and Diamonds, British! We Scots get very upset when “England“ is used to mean the whole country!

But yes, Coronation Street is a national institution. It’s very unglamorous and follows the lives of people living in a working class (originally) community with terraced houses in the North of England. The action takes place in the homes of the characters but also in the shop and local pub. All sorts of things have happened over the years, murders, fires, affairs, you name it. They were before their time on many occasions- there was a trans character, who was much loved, at least 20 years ago.
opps no offence intended
just its set in England
not very pearl related but my favourite series right now is Shetland
not quite Tagget with cows and sheep
back to Corro
i remember the Trans character - i must have watched it for a bit with my boyfriend's mother at that time
i also remenber a big fire and a violent assult on an older lady character but i don't remenber who now.- a long time ago maybe with Grandma

it always shocked me to see Curly all grown up

who were the two older ladies that worked in the newsagent/ book shop ?

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Love seeing the amount of pearls purchased for Christmas!
Pearls do seem like such a winter staple!

Just purchased these simple freshwater pearl & ruby drops for my mother. I know she'll love them! Just something sweet & small!

s-l400.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results