shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Christmas decorations and talk about your family traditions 2020

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can I just say how much I'm enjoying everyone's decorations. My husband doesn't want me to decorate our apartment, so I'll be enjoying all your pretty trees and lights vicariously! :kiss2:

Just do it! Even if it is some fresh evergreen branches, some ribbon that is stored somewhere ( we all have some ribbon packed away with wrapping paper) and candles on a table. Bake some simple sugar cookies for the holiday smell. I pick up the discarded branches cut off of Christmas trees where they are sold. Free and smell great. I even use the cut ends for scent in the fireplace and burn the next year when dry.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can I just say how much I'm enjoying everyone's decorations. My husband doesn't want me to decorate our apartment, so I'll be enjoying all your pretty trees and lights vicariously! :kiss2:

Oh boo him
my OH didn't want me to unpack some decorations the other night because of ....wrustling
It took less than 2min and bubble wrap doesn't russle

LorettaB

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
For the first time I put up a tree in the office. All redbird ornaments. The tree has LED lights and everyone wants to know where I got it. I thought for this year, we need as much holiday cheer as possible. Folks drive by at night and then tell me how pretty it is in the window. (Have any of you read the novel by Fannie Flagg, “A Redbird Christmas?”)

Attachments

• C0F54D7A-CC67-47C3-80DA-1AC8007E08EE.jpeg
    C0F54D7A-CC67-47C3-80DA-1AC8007E08EE.jpeg
    214.7 KB · Views: 7
  • FDC229AD-BF59-4E06-AA97-AE3A838F1A33.jpeg
    FDC229AD-BF59-4E06-AA97-AE3A838F1A33.jpeg
    148 KB · Views: 6
  • 67F26B43-1EAE-4682-86AE-FF8ABC43619B.jpeg
    67F26B43-1EAE-4682-86AE-FF8ABC43619B.jpeg
    236 KB · Views: 6

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
For one night only my Swarovski xmas decorations i was collecting back at the turn on the century
long before we had a Swarovski shop a rather nice high street jewler sold them
they used to give me the annual star for being a good customer
Anyway they have never ever been used - last year i forgot all about them

now i have two problems
One was finding a bit of tree - firsr ever Pittisporum xmas tree - but they hold their foliage well in water and the one on the driveway needed a trim
but its too unstable to load up with any more decorations
if we get an earthquake in the night I'll have to leap out of bed and rush in here to steady them

2nd problem
they have never been out of the box in 20 years, were carefully stored all these years never dropped but the glue has let go
So disappointing
Another thing that needs fixed when im working again 20201213_221322.jpg 20201213_221302.jpg

AskBrillz

Rough_Rock
Nice decoration but unfortunately i could not celebrate this year

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For one night only my Swarovski xmas decorations i was collecting back at the turn on the century
long before we had a Swarovski shop a rather nice high street jewler sold them
they used to give me the annual star for being a good customer
Anyway they have never ever been used - last year i forgot all about them

now i have two problems
One was finding a bit of tree - firsr ever Pittisporum xmas tree - but they hold their foliage well in water and the one on the driveway needed a trim
but its too unstable to load up with any more decorations
if we get an earthquake in the night I'll have to leap out of bed and rush in here to steady them

2nd problem
they have never been out of the box in 20 years, were carefully stored all these years never dropped but the glue has let go
So disappointing
Another thing that needs fixed when im working again 20201213_221322.jpg 20201213_221302.jpg

Why don't you try your local boutique? They try to be very high end these days. Just tell them you have them as collector's items and them falling apart in the box is NOT what you were warned about when you got them.
Maybe if anything they know a simple fix/have somme spécial glue...

They're exquisite and it would je a pity not to be able to use them

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Why don't you try your local boutique? They try to be very high end these days. Just tell them you have them as collector's items and them falling apart in the box is NOT what you were warned about when you got them.
Maybe if anything they know a simple fix/have somme spécial glue...

They're exquisite and it would je a pity not to be able to use them

The Swarovski store is in Wellington
I have read they send stuff to Melbourne to be repaired

They probably just use a two part apoxy like crystal clear arlidite
I'd get Gary to fix them if he could see properly
my hands are too shaky and im not neat enough

I do have a bigger repair job im going to send to a crystal repair place in Auckland (one of mum's that suffered in the Christchurch earthquakes). I hope to do that next year asap when i get a job
ill probably include them with that
By next year maybe I'll have thought up something safer to display them on too
The 5 on the branches in the vase look so pretty tonight catching the reflection of some Christmas lights

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results