shape
carat
color
clarity

Show Me Your Blue Sapphire Rings: PS Addition

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
I've never seen a sapphire this blue with such brilliance. I can't imagine where one would find such a beautiful stone.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
So nice to have a thread just for our Blue Sapphire beauties! It’s my favorite colored stone and has had my heart for quite a while now. Wish I could have one in every shade of blue, but I’m happy with my little collection.
These are all my sapphire children:)
F109968C-5600-414C-8528-6ECFE88BD0F2.jpeg
77708FB1-EB5D-4191-AD4C-107928AB766E.jpeg

First is Elena, an 8ct Ceylon origin. She is fresh from a prong tune up and cleaning. The stone was weighed in the process and is officially 8.22cts.
38253592-CE9A-4817-8328-A0B9CD437400.jpeg

Next is a 1.76 Ceylon sapphire three stone made by Caleb Meyer Studios. It was my something blue for my wedding.
D9B660CC-EBE7-458F-B28B-E6EC728B9249.jpeg

And... a 3ct table cut sapphire in a 22ct bezel setting. I believe the stone is antique. It has an alluring iridescence. A jeweler thought that it might be Kashmir origin, but it’s certainly way off of any kind of trade ideal if so. Still, I love it.

And..A small sapphire in the sweetest denim shade in rose gold.

Lastly...A couple of blue star sapphires. The rounder of the two started my blue sapphire love.
Also a couple of bands.
E71D7FD6-1DFC-434A-980D-51D7E8951EB0.jpeg
10B5E344-CCC0-445F-A3D6-A75887A40B65.jpeg

This might become my favorite thread. Can’t seem to get enough of blue sapphires! Thanks everyone for sharing!

Bluemuse, what a fitting name for you Missy!
Every single damn piece in your post is just so lovely!
& I didn't know that that yg diamond old cut ring was yours?!
I must have seen your post but have forgotton....the setting &
design is one of my top favorites ever. Its truly gorgeous &
I'm green with envy! Or shall we say "Blue"? ;)2

Pinkmartini87

Brilliant_Rock
I love the color of your gorgeous antique ring!
You can tell that it was not only made with love long
ago, but then adored by someone very lucky & is now
being loved and adored all over again by you <3

@TheGarnetGirl Thank you! I feel you are a kindred soul also in rescuing and appreciating antique jewelry. Can’t wait to see what you do with that exquisite emerald cut sapphire of yours!

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Fun thread! I’ll play! I have only one sapphire ring and she’s a color shifter, purple indoors or blue under natural light.

Took some photos this morning with the ring in my breakfast bowl of blueberries. It’s hard to get a good focus on the sapphire due to its rutile silk inclusions which gives the stone its sleepy look/fuzziness in photos:

5E0A7570-6A2D-44AE-91E6-E89846AF85AE.jpeg

Ten kinds of gorgeous.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
@TheGarnetGirl Thank you! I feel you are a kindred soul also in rescuing and appreciating antique jewelry. Can’t wait to see what you do with that exquisite emerald cut sapphire of yours!

Awww! You are so kind & yes I am a lover of everything antique!
It started with my mother instilling a love of antique wooden furniture & so on & has definitely flooded over into jewelry. Wear that sapphire & keep it safe, it should bring you good luck!

Roselina

Brilliant_Rock
467F52FE-ADBD-4909-AD7E-B43499E3CE29_1_201_a.jpeg

My weirdo ring. I bought it for the old cut diamonds but fell in love with the thing. It's currently being resized because it is way too big. Also I will plate the yellow gold with white gold so the metal shows less. It's been away since November and I really miss it.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock

My weirdo ring. I bought it for the old cut diamonds but fell in love with the thing. It's currently being resized because it is way too big. Also I will plate the yellow gold with white gold so the metal shows less. It's been away since November and I really miss it.

The center sapphire is lovely as well as the old cuts but lord that setting...prongs galore! I'd reset her in a more appropriate elegant setting but I know what it's like to fall in love with something and all of its quirks ;-)

Roselina

Brilliant_Rock
The center sapphire is lovely as well as the old cuts but lord that setting...prongs galore! I'd reset her in a more appropriate elegant setting but I know what it's like to fall in love with something and all of its quirks ;-)

That was my idea. But turns out that a reset would cost more than I payed for the ring. So I will go the cheap way for now and maybe reset later.
Also turns out, that the sapphire is natural and untreated. So the buy was a good deal.

Last edited:

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Have to say I think the whole thing is rather lovely including the setting!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fun thread! I’ll play! I have only one sapphire ring and she’s a color shifter, purple indoors or blue under natural light.

Took some photos this morning with the ring in my breakfast bowl of blueberries. It’s hard to get a good focus on the sapphire due to its rutile silk inclusions which gives the stone its sleepy look/fuzziness in photos:

5E0A7570-6A2D-44AE-91E6-E89846AF85AE.jpeg

Gorgeous! I love color shifters.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh it's gorgeous and that blue!!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is mine, A6FAC779-8F48-46EA-8BCC-F1C080BC9380.jpeg it is not a spectacular stone like some on here but I enjoy wearing it! Sadly I no longer have the matching car :boohoo:

meely, I love the color of your sapphire and the setting! Do you have more pictures?

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I totally agree! What an amazing sapphire collection!!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will play. The trillion cut is actually a tanzanite but it goes so well with my clover sapphire and diamond earrings and custom made split french pave set sapphire and diamond ring. The Navette deco ring is actually a synthetic stone and the ring with the emerald cut is a CZ ring in sterling silver that I aquired at a boutique store for $24! (I felt I needed to confess those since we are on a diamond forum) The rest are the real deal! Oh I just love sapphires and I really enjoy seeing everyone's beautiful collection! Thanks for starting this thread Catmom! I am a few years too late! Better late than never, right? Oh, I forgot to mention the little sapphire and diamond "Kristy" band I won from Whiteflash! Needless to say, I was shocked and thrilled to be the winner of such a wonderfully made piece! Sapphire love 3.jpg Sapphire love 1.jpg

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Absolutely beautiful! Can't wait to see what it looks like when you get it back! I hope soon!!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is mine, A6FAC779-8F48-46EA-8BCC-F1C080BC9380.jpeg it is not a spectacular stone like some on here but I enjoy wearing it! Sadly I no longer have the matching car :boohoo:

Sheer perfection! Love that setting and the color is just dreamy!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will play. The trillion cut is actually a tanzanite but it goes so well with my clover sapphire and diamond earrings and custom made split french pave set sapphire and diamond ring. The Navette deco ring is actually a synthetic stone and the ring with the emerald cut is a CZ ring in sterling silver that I aquired at a boutique store for $24! (I felt I needed to confess those since we are on a diamond forum) The rest are the real deal! Oh I just love sapphires and I really enjoy seeing everyone's beautiful collection! Thanks for starting this thread Catmom! I am a few years too late! Better late than never, right? Oh, I forgot to mention the little sapphire and diamond "Kristy" band I won from Whiteflash! Needless to say, I was shocked and thrilled to be the winner of such a wonderfully made piece! Sapphire love 3.jpg Sapphire love 1.jpg

I'm dying here! I want each and every one of them!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock

Beautiful beautiful collection ❤️ & wow you talk about having a certain style or taste!

Bluemuse

Shiny_Rock

So sweet @TheGarnetGirl ! And funny:) Thank you about the old cut ring.
I’ve never made a post about it, though I’ve posted it in a couple of threads.
It really belongs on the Caleb Meyer thread. I have to spring that thread open again and get my little collection of his things posted.

Bluemuse

Shiny_Rock

Gorgeous, @Roselina !! That is one vibrant, beautiful stone and nothing sparkles like a halo of chunky white old cuts! I know how you feel about missing your ring. I had to send mine away for a few weeks and I missed her. She’s back home now, thankfully.

Bluemuse

Shiny_Rock

Beautiful ring,@meely ! Looks like a special heirloom to be handed down to future generations. The color and setting design are so pretty!

Bluemuse

Shiny_Rock

Holy mackerel! Such a beautiful, diverse collection @cushioncutnut !! Love the deco style of several of them and your elongated cushion is gorgeous!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results