shape
carat
color
clarity

Blue sapphire Art Nouveau style wreath ring

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I received this on Monday and I am thrilled with it. It's a blue sapphire from Pearlmans (about 1.7ct, quite spready) with a setting made by David Klass in 18k yellow gold (v. Slightly oxidised) it has two tiny oec on either side that he sourced for me bezelled in platinum.
This is two birthdays and a Christmas worth of a present from my husband (I've only had the one birthday so far :dance: I wouldn't have blamed him for making me wait until March 2019 but he's been a peach and told me to wear it now.

I saw the original inspiration setting on the Victor Barbone website and absolutely fell in love with it although with a 2ct + diamond in it it was somewhat out of my league. I knew that at some point in the future I wanted a sapphire set in yellow gold so I decided to see if I could find a suitable sapphire. This one popped up when I was flicking through another thread as a recommendation someone had made sometime previously (the op had evidently decided against it). It looked pretty and had similar proportions to the shape of the diamond. I know that selecting your setting then your stone to fit is not generally the right way round to do things as is not seeing your stone after purchase before setting :whistle: but I decided to go ahead anyway.

David said I should have an open bezel as the sapphire tended to darken up (he described it as a Royal Blue color). But to be honest it's a chameleon, it does darken up but always looks blue but in light shade it is absolutely stunning, vivid and sparkling. In unfavourable lighting conditions a window shows at times but in all honestly most of the time it looks gorgeous. The cuts obviously native with an off centre culet but because I was recreating an antique ring that didn't bother me.
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/thoughts-on-a-sapphire.239126/
As to the job DK did - It took time to get the CADs right and I'm not surprised as my stone is smaller and rounder than the original and it's an unusual and detailed setting but we got there and personally I cannot fault the end result. It's delicate, perfectly proportioned and they totally nailed the look of the original.
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/calling-cad-experts-please-help-me.240746/

Anyway thanks also to the lovely pricescopers who helped in my previous threads, if I have missed anyone I apologise!
@BlingObsession @ceg @MollyMalone @Frost @Acinom @rockysalamander
@ILikeShiny @Niel @Queenie60 @Octo2005 @diamondseeker2006

Photos to follow

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love::love::love: It’s so beautiful!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely!!! Wonderful color blue, and the setting is amazing!

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It came out beautifully!! I agree that in the end the details and proportions were nailed =)2. Congrats on the patience to see it through to the design you envisioned; that’s not always easy to do!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful, so beautiful!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love::love::love: Gorgeous!!! Amazing color and beautiful setting!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s turned out beautifully @meely and the colour is glorious.

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love this ring! Congratulations!

Deathspi

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Absolutely beautiful! I think that lapis/royal blue and rich gold are a match made in heaven, and your ring is showing both off beautifully. :kiss2:

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the lovely comments everyone x

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh gosh, that is so stunning! That setting is fantastic for the stone!

BlingObsession

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Absolutely perfect! Well done. Enjoy. :clap:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

The details of the setting are really divine! Beautiful hands--wear it in health.

cheers--Sharon

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a stunning outcome!
I am so happy for you. Your sapphire is such a beautiful blue. And the YG ‘frame’ is gorgeous with the elegant detailing. Please post a lot more pics.
You have such an amazing ringstyle. I always love seeing pics of your diamond halo ring

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous ring, OMG! The sapphire is a glorious rich shade of blue that is well framed by that amazing setting. I even like the yellow gold which I normally don't wear :)

voce

Ideal_Rock
A treasure of a sapphire with a yellow gold setting complementing it perfectly! :kiss2:
I love your ring, meely. :geek2:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!

princessandthepear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your sapphire is a gorgeous blue and I love your inspiration! I always wanted to do a version of it with a pink gem but your sapphire looks even better. Enjoy that lovely, lovely ring.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your sapphire is beautiful and the finished ring is gorgeous!

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring and gorgeous dreamy blue sapphire.

Mine matches my car too :D

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Your new ring looks gorgeous on your lovely slim fingers! :love:

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
So beautiful! I thought I was white metals all the way, but your ring looks wonderful with the lovely sapphire color and the gold together. I was wondering if you might be willing to post the vendor pic of the sapphire? I’ve looked through their website so many times for blue sapphires, but never was able to make a decision based on their photos. Yours is so pretty.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, what a gorgeous and unique ring! Love the color and the detail work is amazing. Congratulations.

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
HI:

The details of the setting are really divine! Beautiful hands--wear it in health.

cheers--Sharon

So kind of you Sharon, I am a bit self-conscious about my hands I have had bad eczema on them in the past and also haven't looked after them as I should have done - end result they are probably looking 15 years older than they should!

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
:love::love::love: It’s so beautiful!

Thank you so much, I am really looking forward to seeing your sapphire set!

Lovely!!! Wonderful color blue, and the setting is amazing!

Thank you so much

It came out beautifully!! I agree that in the end the details and proportions were nailed =)2. Congrats on the patience to see it through to the design you envisioned; that’s not always easy to do!!

I think it's fair to say I had plenty of help!

Beautiful, so beautiful!

Thank you chrono, that is a lovely compliment coming from you!

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
:love::love::love: Gorgeous!!! Amazing color and beautiful setting!

It’s turned out beautifully @meely and the colour is glorious.

Absolutely perfect! Well done. Enjoy. :clap:

Thank you ladies!

Oh gosh, that is so stunning! That setting is fantastic for the stone!

Thanks bluegemz admittedly blue sapphire popped right into my head just after oh no I can't afford it when I saw the original ring!

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a stunning outcome!
I am so happy for you. Your sapphire is such a beautiful blue. And the YG ‘frame’ is gorgeous with the elegant detailing. Please post a lot more pics.
You have such an amazing ringstyle. I always love seeing pics of your diamond halo ring

Acinom your comments are as always so lovely, thank you. Your sapphire ring is gobsmackingly beautiful and although this does not match it in any way it came a lot higher up to that benchmark then I was expecting! Thank you also for the compliment on my engagement ring!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results