shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Black Friday PP buys!

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Pretty_Shiny_Things|1417676886|3795014 said:
I got a pair of 8.4mm natural white Hanadama earrings on Cyber Monday and they are gorgeous! UPS came late today so I'll try to take pictures tomorrow.

Congrats!!! Mine are just about the same size as yours and they are my go-to earrings. I am sure you will reach for yours often as well. Enjoy!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Sometimes, rarely, you open the jewelry box and what is in front of you exceeds the build-up in your mind's eye. That's what happened with these drops. They were plumper and larger and overall prettier than I'd expected. I changed the leverback to a nice Shepherd's hook I had on hand because I didn't like the straight line of the front of the leverback:

overview_17.jpg

ear_shot_30.jpg

ear_shot_31.jpg

4001_1_1.jpg

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
Those are lovely, Bsomlo ... and very reminiscent of a certain necklace of our mutual acquaintance :) I love the security of leverbacks myself, but struggle to understand why so many of them are made with that "straight line" on the front, or even a straight bar, when a pretty organic curve is so much prettier, especially with pearls ... nice change!

Pretty_Shiny_Things

Rough_Rock
Great buys, ladies!!!

It's slightly overcast today, but I stuck my ears out very close to the window. I must say, these babies are so luminescent. They reflect everything and glows even at night!

Very impressed by the thick bifold and laminated certificate from the Pearl Science Lab...almost rivals AGS
img_20141203_153726-nopm-.jpg

Actual photos of the pearls laminated on
img_20141203_153815-nopm-.jpg

Not impressed by the flimsy cardboard box (the green here is a reflection of my turquoise phone case
img_20141204_080833.jpg

In direct sunlight, a very pale green and rose overtones are seen evenly
img_20141204_081934_0.jpg

img_20141204_081934.jpg

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful akoyas, Pretty_Shiny_Things!

Bsomlo, those pearl drops look great against your dark hair.

Everyone has bought such lovely pieces! :dance:

I have bought a ton of PP stuff in recent promotions, but haven't had a chance to post yet. It's not very often that they have the 20% code so I just thought I'd get what I want before prices go up. I've been wanting the things I ordered for at least a year.

In two instances, two items are almost the same and in both those cases I will choose one and send one back.

Bolded text for easier skimming:

I got:

26-inch AAA freshwater white opera length strand, approx 8mm.
15- and16-inch AAA freshwater lavender double strand, approx 8mm.
Matching lavender freshwater studs, approx 8.5mm. Currently sent back to PP to get a pinker tone. They were too peach/gold.
8.5-9mm white metallic strand
9.5mm Tahitian dark silver pearl with slight chocolate, on YG sparkle chain, with chain going through the pearl.
9.5mm Tahitian green pearl, on WG Fonzantina chain, strung as above. Need to choose between this necklace and the one above.
9-9.5mm Freshadama strand. Need to choose between this and the white metallic strand.
8-9mm round blue akoya pearl on bunny-ears setting, custom order, no chain as I have one already. To match my blue akoya studs, bought when lurking.
Black freshwater AAA strand, approx 8mm.
Blue Nile gift, $100 dollars off 9-9.5mm freshwater pearl earrings on 14k rose gold pink sapphire hoops.

The items I haven't received yet are the Tahitian green pearl, the blue akoya pendant, the Freshadama strand and the black freshwater strand.

Everything that I have received is beautiful. I love the luster of the white metallics, I'm pleased with the luster on all the other freshwater pearls, the Blue Nile earrings are just like the picture and so pretty, and I really like the dark silver Tahitian on the yellow gold sparkle chain.

I will have to decide between the two Tahitian pearl pendants, and between the white metallic strand and the Freshadama strand.

When it's all here, I'll make my decisions and then do a show and tell. :)

Edit: I also have a pink 11mm baroque freshwater strand to post which is highly lustrous, and which was a gift a few years ago. It's coming unstrung, so I'm going to send it to PP for re-stringing, shortening, and and new clasp. Will post it when it's been rehabbed.

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
Does anyone have any hints for the PP December special? I know all these offers overlap, but I'm a girl on a budget.

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
bsomlo - Your pearls always amaze me! Your new drops are just yummy and look so good on you!

Pretty_Shiny_Things - I know you'll love your new Akoya earrings! I have a pair and they are incredible!

Jambalaya - Nice haul! You are going to have so much fun playing with your pearls but I warn you - it's tough to decide between pearls!

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful earrings, Pretty_Shiny_Things!

Jambalaya, looking forward to lots and lots of photos!

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
bsomlo|1417715883|3795183 said:
Sometimes, rarely, you open the jewelry box and what is in front of you exceeds the build-up in your mind's eye. That's what happened with these drops. They were plumper and larger and overall prettier than I'd expected. I changed the leverback to a nice Shepherd's hook I had on hand because I didn't like the straight line of the front of the leverback:

Just look at hose pearls glow! I agree, they look fabulous with your dark hair!

Gemzy

Rough_Rock
Gorgeous earrings on show. pearlsngems, your SS dangle are delightful. I purchased some a while back from PP and I wear them so much, I am sure you will too. The colour of those drops and size of pearl bsomlo are just perfect, I love the gem adding interest. Shepherd hooks I always think compliment pearls so well, lever backs are sometimes too much metal and can take away from the beauty of the pearl.
The Akoyas are wonderful, and a great size on you prettyshinything.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great photos and beautiful pearls! Thanks for the treat!

Pretty_Shiny_Things

Rough_Rock
Thank you for your kind comments ladies. All of your purchases make me swoon :clap: Pearls do make me feel more lady-like...I sit up straighter and sip my tea more delicately with my pinky sticking out...okay may be not, but I do feel more polished. Hope to see more pearl posts from everyone!

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
pearlsngems|1417550765|3794002 said:
I wasn't going to buy anything but when I saw these, I had to get them. These are actually my first SSP.

This takes care of both Christmas and birthday for me!

South Sea drops 10-11mm, Darling setting.

south_sea_drops_darling_setting_from_pp_0.jpg

Beautiful earrings !! They look fabulous! Well done! :love:

Boy I can't wait for those Blue Tahitian photos !

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
katbran|1417765018|3795583 said:
pearlsngems|1417550765|3794002 said:
I wasn't going to buy anything but when I saw these, I had to get them. These are actually my first SSP.

This takes care of both Christmas and birthday for me!

South Sea drops 10-11mm, Darling setting.

south_sea_drops_darling_setting_from_pp_0.jpg

Beautiful earrings !! They look fabulous! Well done! :love:

Boy I can't wait for those Blue Tahitian photos !

+1!

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
These are in the mail.

baroque_earrings.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Kay|1417476673|3793525 said:
bsomlo|1417467880|3793427 said:
(Just hoping they're not too dark for my taste!!!)

I really hope you love them and enjoy wearing them, but if you decide they are not for you, please let me know, as that strand would have been my first choice of the blues.

As promised, I am letting you know that I am returning them.

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
Looks like the December 'special' is a sale. Some items look familiar.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
It's like seeing old friends!

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Actually, from an email they sent a while ago for Black Friday I get the impression that there is a Holiday clearance sale (which ennui mentions) and separate December special sale. So, more suspense!

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
I purchased two Honey Tahitian pendants during the sale. I got a photo of the pendants from Erin today, and I think they will make lovely gifts. (In case anyone is interested, I think they are featured in the current Holiday clearance sale, too.)

img_9365.jpg

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
Tucs, thanks so much for posting those Beehive pendants! They're so much prettier "in person" ... I'm going right off to try and find one as a gift for my sister, who collects "bee" items, as her son is a beekeeper!!! THANKS :)

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Tucs, those are really lovely!

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks CRDkeshi and Bsomlo! These are in the 12-13mm size, in case anyone is wondering.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
bsomlo|1418052171|3797672 said:
Kay|1417476673|3793525 said:
bsomlo|1417467880|3793427 said:
(Just hoping they're not too dark for my taste!!!)

I really hope you love them and enjoy wearing them, but if you decide they are not for you, please let me know, as that strand would have been my first choice of the blues.

As promised, I am letting you know that I am returning them.

Thanks -- I appreciate the heads-up! I am trying to decide if it would work for me, based on your photos. I wear mostly black, grey and blue, which are not the colors that made the strand look its best.

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
CoreyMax|1418173642|3798581 said:

CoreyMax - This is so lovely and feminine! Do you have any more info about it?

juliebeth

Shiny_Rock
those beehive pendants are fab! i made a zillion pendants of my own for xmas gifts, but if i needed more, i'd get me some of those to give out - they would delight anyone!

so, i got my tahitian harvest necklace and I LOVE IT! it's so varied, yet so complete, somehow. it even has one of my wobbly pearls on it! LOVE!

beautiful on its own,
or layered with my favorite baroques from rainbowislandpearls (GemGeek and 4RG and Kay, these i was showing you @ dinner that night, so long ago, in balboa park)
OR i just realized will work as a triple strand with the wobbly blues - however i think perhaps the smaller diameter strands look better together. hmmmm. so many possibilities!

_25095.jpg

img_6266.jpg

img_6269.jpg

img_6270.jpg

juliebeth

Shiny_Rock
(ooops last few photos)

img_6271.jpg

img_6272.jpg

img_6273.jpg

juliebeth

Shiny_Rock
fresh shot from outside on back porch, overcast day, dusty table (to showcase pearl luster, of course):

img_6276.jpg

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
They gorgeous, juliebeth! Go very well with your other strands. Really nice on you, too. Feeling a little jealous as I don't own a tahitian strand yet, but I know it's just a matter of time.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results