shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Black Friday PP buys!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
The code came this morning for me. If you should have gotten it and didn't, I'd give them a call.

Kay, I think this strand is definitely worth dressing up some.

It looks like the Rikitea links are messed up, but if you go to the regular Tahitian rounds page, blue strands 1559, 1545, 1549, and 1565 are still available. Stunning choices all.

Happy shopping.

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful, Kay! I can't wait to see neck shots.

I would definitely get matching earrings. As for roundelles, I agree with baby monster. I think it depends on what use you want to make of it. If you already own a number of Tahitian strands, you can use those strands for daily wear, and leave this one (with the roundelles) for occasions. But if you want to wear it regularly, then personally I wouldn't add the roundelles. It surely doesn't need additional embellishment anyway!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
I also bought a strand of the blues! I'll start a thread on it now, since it's not technically a Black Friday buy.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Awesome, bsomlo. Glad you are giving Tahitians another go!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
(Just hoping they're not too dark for my taste!!!)

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
You got the lightest one there, described as a medium blue.

Gemzy

Rough_Rock
Those new Rikitea strands are beautiful, looking forward to seeing real life pics.

I put 10 things in an imaginary basket for DH to choose one for my Xmas present, he could then see the product codes to order on his computer so I would not know which one he had purchased (the items were classic freshwater strands etc so not one offs). That was Friday and today there was a fedex package waiting in our greenhouse after we came home from work! - we are in the UK so he obviously did not want to risk standard post.

Very frustrating, I am not allowed to look for another 24 days, doubt I can trust myself not to hunt the box though !

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Gemzy, OMG, how exciting and what a good man!!!

Do you want to share your guess at which he chose?

Keep us posted! A mystery...

Gemzy

Rough_Rock
The fedex box wasn't small -so maybeee he clicked on two items (wish I could get emoticons to work, this would be the clappy dancy ones here).
I want a bracelet to go with my watch, so there was the akoya pearls link bracelet, some colourful metallic earrings (like mini versions of yours-ish), then a 35" metallic strand, a vintage inspired strand, a 50" freshwater rope, a couple of pendants too. I really wanted the colourful round Tahitians that went early on but will save up for one in the future.
I have history of finding presents when I shouldn't - my brother and I once wrecked a kitchen glass fronted cabinet when we were children looking for Easter eggs. I tried saying that PP would want to know if there was anything amiss/return period etc but didn't wash with him. I think he will take package to work with him just in case.
The anticipation is already tooo much!
Will enjoy seeing all your buys while I wait.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
bsomlo|1417467880|3793427 said:
(Just hoping they're not too dark for my taste!!!)

I really hope you love them and enjoy wearing them, but if you decide they are not for you, please let me know, as that strand would have been my first choice of the blues.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
You got it!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Gemzy: what a great idea! Should have thought of it so that I can circumvent my "no new buys for the rest of the year" rule! Let us know if you find the box.

juliebeth

Shiny_Rock
LOVELY! oh for one of those Rikitea strands, i would die! i did go ahead and in my pearly lust picked up a black friday harvest strand and the blue-bodied yet rather strangely described T strand with the CM pearl points.

_24814.jpg

blue_body_pp_strand.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
juliebeth, YAY!

That bottom strand looks delicious. Share the strange description, please!

juliebeth

Shiny_Rock
DOH i meant to share! from the website: "TAN000-1170 -18-inch AA+/AAA 9.4-12.8 mm This is truly a unique strand of pearls, so much so in part to pearl number eight on one side and number 11 on the other. It almost looks like the pearl oyster grew these pearls and changed his mind on direction at the last moment. The strand also features a deep blue-green bodycolor with flashing peacock orient. The pearls are almost perfectly clean with mirror-like luster."

the fact that they're sitting there on the website, all blue-bodied (which is the going thing now, from what i understand!) and with the unusual description, makes me wonder if they've been bought and returned a few times....remember the bumpy strand in the August sale? it was bought and returned after much discussion hereabouts, what with the bumps, and when it was re-listed, the description had been changed to include those bumpy lumps.

no, i don't obsess much, why do you ask?

Kay

Ideal_Rock
juliebeth|1417537791|3793898 said:

LOL, I ought to put that line in my signature! It looks like you picked up 2 great strands to add variety to your collection. The luster and color of the second strand looks amazing.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
juliebeth|1417537791|3793898 said:
DOH i meant to share! from the website: "TAN000-1170 -18-inch AA+/AAA 9.4-12.8 mm This is truly a unique strand of pearls, so much so in part to pearl number eight on one side and number 11 on the other. It almost looks like the pearl oyster grew these pearls and changed his mind on direction at the last moment. The strand also features a deep blue-green bodycolor with flashing peacock orient. The pearls are almost perfectly clean with mirror-like luster."

the fact that they're sitting there on the website, all blue-bodied (which is the going thing now, from what i understand!) and with the unusual description, makes me wonder if they've been bought and returned a few times....remember the bumpy strand in the August sale? it was bought and returned after much discussion hereabouts, what with the bumps, and when it was re-listed, the description had been changed to include those bumpy lumps.

Wonderful strands, juliebeth. I'm looking forward to photos of the second one. Whenever I saw the term "mirror-like luster" in September, I figured it was a code word for the 5,600 Rikitea pearls. So, I'm guessing that you are correct, and it has been returned as being a bit odd. And, some of my Rikitea single drops lean to the blue body way, so all in all, I think you now have your strand from the 'fat sisters Loot 2' batch.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wasn't going to buy anything but when I saw these, I had to get them. These are actually my first SSP.

This takes care of both Christmas and birthday for me!

South Sea drops 10-11mm, Darling setting.

south_sea_drops_darling_setting_from_pp_0.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
pearlsngems|1417550765|3794002 said:
I wasn't going to buy anything but when I saw these, I had to get them. These are actually my first SSP.

Very nice, pearlsngems. I'm a big fan of white South Sea pearls and I love the drop shape for earrings.

My favorite white pearl earrings are my white SS keshi drops in the little h setting that I selected at the ruckus. There is just something about the SS luster that makes them my very favorite white earring pearls. I reach for them far more often than any other white pearls.

Enjoy your new pair and thank you so much for the pictures.

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
:wavey: JulieBeth you did good girl, real good. You have a nack for choosing very special pearls and now two more great strands Contratulations :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Juliebeth....I get it! The rings on those two pearls, which are usually parallel, are clearly on slightly different angles. As if the pearl rotated on its axis while being formed.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
pearlsngems|1417550765|3794002 said:

Those are beautiful! I love them with your hair!

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
cmd2014|1417561990|3794117 said:
Those are beautiful! I love them with your hair!

Thanks! They seem to go well with my general coloring, including skin. Looks like I'd better start saving for more SSP :naughty:

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Ooh Juliebeth, you got TWO Tahitian strands? Lucky duck!

Pearlsngems, you just can't go wrong with white SS pearls and diamonds!

I am so jealous!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Excellent purchases evveryone!!! I haven't had much access to the Internet over the past few days and missed out on quite a bit but I'm so happy for everyone who has new pearls coming their way (even if they have to wait until 12/25 to open them lol!)! Great shopping, ladies!

juliebeth

Shiny_Rock
pearlsngems, those earrings are just stunning! and so versatile, you can wear them for an evening out or just with jeans and a t-shirt! perfection!

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
pearlsngems beautiful earrings. You will wear these a lot. My favorite earrings are my white south sea. I reach for them most days. Enjoy your new beauties :appl: :appl: :appl:

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've already found them useful! I had to attend a funeral yesterday. The white drops provided just the needed lift to an otherwise somber look. Yes, I will get my money's worth out of these.

Pretty_Shiny_Things

Rough_Rock
I got a pair of 8.4mm natural white Hanadama earrings on Cyber Monday and they are gorgeous! UPS came late today so I'll try to take pictures tomorrow.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm looking forward to the natural white Hanadama earring photos!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results