shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Black Friday pearl purchases!

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
bsomlo|1386284331|3568387 said:
Wow! That is a serious strand of Tahitians! I hope your grandmother loves them and wears them in good health.

Yes, what b said :appl: :appl: :appl:

Did you end up ordering a pair of Tahitian earrings for yourself? I imagine after seeing your Gran's lovely ones you couldn't resist :lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LitGeek|1386287731|3568429 said:
Wow! That is a serious strand of Tahitians! I hope your grandmother loves them and wears them in good health.

Did you end up ordering a pair of Tahitian earrings for yourself? I imagine after seeing your Gran's lovely ones you couldn't resist :lol:

sortmon, those are absolutely gorgeous!!! :love: Your grandmother is going to love love love them! Such a thoughtful and beautiful gift.

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Thank you! It is very large. My fiance says he looks fake. He swears they are plastic. I can see the inclusions on them though, especially up close. Jeremy says this "pinpricking" is normal for AA+/AAA strands though.

LitGeek|1386287731|3568429 said:

I am ordering a pair for myself. They are going in the exact opposite direction of the earrings for my grandmother. Blue-green Tahitian baroque studs! Well, at least that's the plan for now.

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
pinkjewel|1386119705|3567017 said:
So, those of you with a pearl shortener- how does it work? Would someone post a picture for me,please? I must be unusually dense this evening-lol, because I just can't picture it. :oops:

Hi Pinkjewel,
It works like a loop that holds the two ends of the doubled rope together. It can also make a loop part way along the strand, like knotting the rope would. And various other permutations.
Here's a pic.
I can picture doing this with the long keshi strand!

_12436.jpg

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
sortmon|1386277999|3568318 said:
pkinnew|1386264119|3568162 said:
sortmon - Pretty exciting day for you !! I can't wait to hear your reaction to them!
The Tahitians are a lot more silvery than they look in Jeremy's pictures. The lightbox does something to them that highlights the nuances of all the different colors. In real life, they are much more well-matched and they are a very dark grey. They have a subtle peacock overtone to them. I like that they are more muted. I love the size. I think my grandmother will like them too.
photo__17_12.jpg
photo__18_4.jpg
Will post more pictures when I get the chance to see it in different lighting later!
Holy Smokes that is one outstanding necklace :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: I am so glad you got the huge ones. Lucky Grandma and very, very sweet Grand Daughter :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
pkinnew|1386249339|3568060 said:
Hi periwinklegirl!

Thanks for sharing your extenders! I'm going to have to see 1) which pearls I want to extend and 2) how many different clasps I have. I have many fishhooks but also lately I've been getting PP's ball clasp (unfortunately in a few different sizes). I don't string (yet!) so I may have to look for other options at a craft store. I really really want to make this work!

Hi pkinnew,
I've found that different sizes of ball clasps will actually still hook together. I added one of bracelets to a necklace that way.
You might try putting some of the different ball clasps together. Then you'd get an idea if an extender with a medium sized ball would work for more than one piece.
Also, there are people on Etsy who would probably make an extender for you.
Maybe Pattye can suggest someone?
The craft store is a good idea. My local bead store ladies explained how to string pearls. (Although some of the finer points still elude me!)
And after I told them what my jeweled charged they told me that they will string too. So that might be an option too.

I love to adjust the length of my strands. I think I'm going to get a shortener ring for my Keshi strand. Which I'm looking forward to seeing!

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
Sortmom,
Those are stunningly lovely! I'm sure your grandmother will really enjoy them!
Congrats!

PS. I love your puppy everytime I see her!

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
periwinklegirl|1386294272|3568493 said:
pkinnew|1386249339|3568060 said:
Hi periwinklegirl!

Thanks for sharing your extenders! I'm going to have to see 1) which pearls I want to extend and 2) how many different clasps I have. I have many fishhooks but also lately I've been getting PP's ball clasp (unfortunately in a few different sizes). I don't string (yet!) so I may have to look for other options at a craft store. I really really want to make this work!

Hi pkinnew,
I've found that different sizes of ball clasps will actually still hook together. I added one of bracelets to a necklace that way.
You might try putting some of the different ball clasps together. Then you'd get an idea if an extender with a medium sized ball would work for more than one piece.
Also, there are people on Etsy who would probably make an extender for you.
Maybe Pattye can suggest someone?
The craft store is a good idea. My local bead store ladies explained how to string pearls. (Although some of the finer points still elude me!)
And after I told them what my jeweled charged they told me that they will string too. So that might be an option too.

I love to adjust the length of my strands. I think I'm going to get a shortener ring for my Keshi strand. Which I'm looking forward to seeing!
I bet PATTYE would be happy to make what ever size you need. She is wonderful to work with. You might PM her on the other forum.

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
4Ranch Girl|1386294717|3568502 said:
I bet PATTYE would be happy to make what ever size you need. She is wonderful to work with. You might PM her on the other forum.

Ditto on that! She's made me some lovely things! Look up Patricia Saab Designs on Etsy.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I got four more photos of my soufflé from Jeremy today, from various angles because the colors change so much.

_dsc1491.jpg

_dsc1492.jpg

_dsc1493.jpg

_dsc1494.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Good grief, the colors completely washed out when the photos were uploaded. They are much more vivid on my computer.

Anyhow, for the pearl #2 fans, I did a little cut and paste job. Gotta say, it is pretty. :))

ppsouffle2.jpg

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
OOOOOOoooooooh! Delicious!

Are you going with that combination?

BTW - was googling Edisons and what came up but your stunning dark purple peacock from last year's sale! What a gorgeous pearl!

As for the souffle colours, we often hear that the PS site washes out colour.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
periwinklegirl|1386298795|3568547 said:
OOOOOOoooooooh! Delicious!

Are you going with that combination?

BTW - was googling Edisons and what came up but your stunning dark purple peacock from last year's sale! What a gorgeous pearl!
Not sure yet.

Thanks on the aubergine Edison. I wear that pearl a lot, either alone, or in combo with my aubergine Kamoka pearl. It was a good purchase, as far as usage and the pleasure I get from wearing it.

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Fly Girl|1386298542|3568541 said:
I got four more photos of my soufflé from Jeremy today, from various angles because the colors change so much.
My 2 cents...well maybe 3 cents :naughty: The enhancer bale in the picture is to small. The balance is off. The large size might balance better http://www.pearlparadise.com/p-347-glimmer-diamond-enhancer-14k-gold.aspx I also prefer just a pop of the diamonds for a little sparkle. Then I would turn the middle pearl point down because the colors might blend and flo better. You souffle is divine and what ever you decide it will be something out of this world.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
4Ranch Girl|1386301641|3568575 said:
My 2 cents...well maybe 3 cents :naughty: The enhancer bale in the picture is to small. The balance is off. The large size might balance better http://www.pearlparadise.com/p-347-glimmer-diamond-enhancer-14k-gold.aspx I also prefer just a pop of the diamonds for a little sparkle. Then I would turn the middle pearl point down because the colors might blend and flo better. You souffle is divine and what ever you decide it will be something out of this world.
Thanks, 4Ranch. I really dislike the enhancer bale. That clasp is like those tiny safety wires that I tend to mangle.

I think you are right about the pearl arrangement. I flipped the middle pearl here.

ppsouffle4r.jpg

SMC

Ideal_Rock
periwinklegirl|1386294519|3568498 said:
Sortmom,
Those are stunningly lovely! I'm sure your grandmother will really enjoy them!
Congrats!

PS. I love your puppy everytime I see her!
Me too! We love her so much that we put her picture on our wedding invite.

4Ranch Girl|1386293835|3568487 said:
Holy Smokes that is one outstanding necklace :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: I am so glad you got the huge ones. Lucky Grandma and very, very sweet Grand Daughter :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:
Awww, do you really think so? I super duper value your opinion because you seem to have so much experience viewing pearls. I'm basing this on the Oct 24th trip you made to PP. I just don't know how one strand of Tahitians compare to another strand of Tahitians. And this was a very big purchase for me!

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
Fly Girl|1386302361|3568582 said:
My 2 cents...well maybe 3 cents :naughty: The enhancer bale in the picture is to small. The balance is off. The large size might balance better http://www.pearlparadise.com/p-347-glimmer-diamond-enhancer-14k-gold.aspx I also prefer just a pop of the diamonds for a little sparkle. Then I would turn the middle pearl point down because the colors might blend and flo better.

I think you are right about the pearl arrangement. I flipped the middle pearl here.
I agree! Looks better flipped! Gorgeous pearl combination. Your pictures are starting to make me think an exotic soufflé should be on my wish list! They seem more IRL than the PP website shots.

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
I dug out some of my enhancers so you can see size. Since they have been set I can't really tell which ones they are exceept the 4th pearl from the right (pearl from the Trick or Treat bowl at PP) has a small enhancer bale the rest range upwards through the sizes so there is at least one of each size there. The small pearl on the pink souffle is 8.6 for reference. Four are not enhancers but I am sure you can tell which ones they are. Chain is a 2.3mm popcorn that goes with the starfish pendent.

Can't wait to see your finished pendent.

pearl-pendent-enhancer.jpg

pearl-pendent-enhancer2.jpg

9-30-10csouffle_pearl_setting.jpg

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
periwinklegirl|1386293481|3568479 said:
pinkjewel|1386119705|3567017 said:
So, those of you with a pearl shortener- how does it work? Would someone post a picture for me,please? I must be unusually dense this evening-lol, because I just can't picture it. :oops:

Hi Pinkjewel,
It works like a loop that holds the two ends of the doubled rope together. It can also make a loop part way along the strand, like knotting the rope would. And various other permutations.
Here's a pic.
I can picture doing this with the long keshi strand!

thanks, periwinklegirl! that would be the perfect solution for doubling the keshi strand. I'll need to look for one for my Mom.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
4Ranch Girl|1386318163|3568661 said:
I dug out some of my enhancers so you can see size. Since they have been set I can't really tell which ones they are exceept the 4th pearl from the right (pearl from the Trick or Treat bowl at PP) has a small enhancer bale the rest range upwards through the sizes so there is at least one of each size there. The small pearl on the pink souffle is 8.6 for reference. Four are not enhancers but I am sure you can tell which ones they are. Chain is a 2.3mm popcorn that goes with the starfish pendent.

4RG- what a beautiful assortment of enhancers and pendants!! I just received my little diamond enhancer yesterday( from that other place =) ), but I feel it's too small for the Edison pearl that I was thinking of putting on it. If I went with the diamond glimmer one at PP which size would you suggest?

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
4Ranch Girl|1386318163|3568661 said:

Thank you for taking the time to put together this photo, 4Ranch Girl. This is tremendously helpful. Do you find that the glimmer enhancer clasps seem sturdy to you? I worry about them popping open. :sick:

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Flygirl, the glimmer is my favorite enhancer and it has never popped open. Others shown there have.

PinkJewel, the fourth from the left is the one you are speaking about. I think I would go with large or extra large. That is more like the size on the white/cream ss (pearl over 19mm) and the big, big edison ( pearl over 20mm).

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
4Ranch Girl|1386350724|3568841 said:
Flygirl, the glimmer is my favorite enhancer and it has never popped open. Others shown there have.

PinkJewel, the fourth from the left is the one you are speaking about. I think I would go with large or extra large. That is more like the size on the white/cream ss (pearl over 19mm) and the big, big edison ( pearl over 20mm).

thanks 4RG! That's the PP glimmer? Is the other diamond enhancer on your line up,too?

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Has anyone's BF purchases from PP arrived yet? I'm dying to see pictures!

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, 4Ranch. I really dislike the enhancer bale. That clasp is like those tiny safety wires that I tend to mangle.

I really like this option! And with a larger enhancer with a little bling would equal perfection :love: :love: :love: Can't wait to see this piece finished!

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
pinkjewel|1386354051|3568879 said:

thanks 4RG! That's the PP glimmer? Is the other diamond enhancer on your line up,too?
The fourth one is the diamond enhancer bale from the other place we both have. The last on the right is not an enhancer but the next four are various sizes of the glimmer enhancer. The ss a large and the Edison is a ex-large.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
4Ranch Girl|1386356888|3568914 said:

The fourth one is the diamond enhancer bale from the other place we both have. The last on the right is not an enhancer but the next four are various sizes of the glimmer enhancer. The ss a large and the Edison is a ex-large.

ok- got it now!!!! thanks!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock

Apparently the enhancer stock at PP is low at the moment. J is sending a runner over to the findings store to get a glimmer enhancer. :))

It sounds like the exact enhancer you get will depend on what is currently available for findings.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Fly Girl|1386359609|3568948 said:

Apparently the enhancer stock at PP is low at the moment. J is sending a runner over to the findings store to get a glimmer enhancer. :))

It sounds like the exact enhancer you get will depend on what is currently available for findings.

which size are you looking to get, Fly Girl? And did you decide whether to do a 3 drop or 2? Either way, it's going to be gorgeous!

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock

Is it the one in the picture or the glimmer enhancer you don't like. I found one I have like the one Jeremy is showing and took a picture for you so you can see it finished.

Maybe you could cut and past the glimmer on to your mock up.

I guess what you end up choosing will largely depend on the size of chain or strand of pearls you intend to wear it on. So take that into your thought process. Sorry my personal bias is showing here because I am not really fond of big pearls on little thin chains. Unfortuntly most of the regular bales do not accommodate anything but the small mm chains.

Well remember one of my favorite says in regards to the wait..."All good things come to those that wait" :mrgreen: I would rather be happy in the first instance than send it back grumbling.

pistachio-tahitians-with-round-enhancer.jpg

_12449.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results