shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Black Friday pearl purchases!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
pinkjewel - I often use pearl shortener/ring to double up my long strands. I believe I bought them on ebay but I'll check it out for you!

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks pkinnew and Litgeek!
I have lots of ideas about the rest of the strand but am waiting to see these three beauties in person first. Which will take a little while. They are soaking the soufflé to get the mud out! How cool is it to have a hollow pearl?! :)

I wonder if anyone has ever made a locket out of one?

Pinkjewel,
Glad to hear you like the Keshi strand! And good to know it needs a clasp adding.
Can't wait to see mine!

Enjoy your pearls everyone!

PS. Who's tempted by those Edisons? I would be, but am now officially over my jewelry budget for this year.
Not that I'm complaining!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
LtypeI - The waiting is the worst for me! Hope Fridays is a bright sunny day for you so it just pops when you open the package!

SMC

Ideal_Rock
pkinnew|1386104844|3566912 said:
pinkjewel - I often use pearl shortener/ring to double up my long strands. I believe I bought them on ebay but I'll check it out for you!
I bought a pearl shortener on eBay too! I bought this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/200815524358?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

There are ones that seem to clip in between pearls (like the one on PP's site) here: http://www.pearlparadise.com/p-90-pearl-shortener-14k-gold.aspx.. You have to make sure that your pearls are in the right size range for those.

Snowy

Shiny_Rock
I'm so excited to see everyone's Black Friday purchases from PP! I have a bunch of different items I ordered over the weekend and was hoping at least my Friday purchases would have shipped since it says PP ships in one business day... but I was told that it takes 1-3 business days to ship out. Hopefully that is what happens...

Can't wait to see them though, it will be my first experience with Pearl Paradise.

The edisons are super tempting! But I'm pretty sure the more I order the longer they're going to hold my other purchases to ship together so no more purchases from me so I can get all my black friday goodies!

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Snowy|1386111899|3566965 said:
I'm so excited to see everyone's Black Friday purchases from PP! I have a bunch of different items I ordered over the weekend and was hoping at least my Friday purchases would have shipped since it says PP ships in one business day... but I was told that it takes 1-3 business days to ship out. Hopefully that is what happens...

Can't wait to see them though, it will be my first experience with Pearl Paradise.

The edisons are super tempting! But I'm pretty sure the more I order the longer they're going to hold my other purchases to ship together so no more purchases from me so I can get all my black friday goodies!
None of my Black Friday purchases have shipped out either. However, the super important Tahitians that I ordered yesterday have shipped already so I'm happy!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
OK which super important Tahitians did you order?

Snowy

Shiny_Rock
sortmon|1386110643|3566951 said:
I bought a pearl shortener on eBay too! I bought this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/200815524358?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

There are ones that seem to clip in between pearls (like the one on PP's site) here: http://www.pearlparadise.com/p-90-pearl-shortener-14k-gold.aspx..... You have to make sure that your pearls are in the right size range for those.

Hey sortmom! How is that ebay shortner working out for you??

I read that someone said that most shorteners damage the pearls and PP said that theirs does not... but it's too expensive!

sortmon|1386112011|3566966 said:
None of my Black Friday purchases have shipped out either. However, the super important Tahitians that I ordered yesterday have shipped already so I'm happy!
Cyber monday purchase?!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
periwinklegirl - Oh man I really need ideas on how to extend my 18" strands to 20-21"! How do you do it?

SMC

Ideal_Rock
pkinnew|1386112599|3566970 said:
OK which super important Tahitians did you order?
I ordered this strand for my grandmother. I also got her matching 10-11mm Tahitian earrings!
_dsc1358.jpg

Snowy|1386112609|3566971 said:
sortmon|1386110643|3566951 said:

There are ones that seem to clip in between pearls (like the one on PP's site) here: http://www.pearlparadise.com/p-90-pearl-shortener-14k-gold.aspx...... You have to make sure that your pearls are in the right size range for those.

Hey sortmom! How is that ebay shortner working out for you??

I read that someone said that most shorteners damage the pearls and PP said that theirs does not... but it's too expensive!

sortmon|1386112011|3566966 said:
Cyber monday purchase?!
I haven't received my shortener yet as I just ordered it this past weekend. I got the 100" strand from PP during their Black Friday sale so I was planning on using it with that. I hope that it won't damage the pearls - I'll let you know!

I agree about the price of the PP one. They should consider making a cheaper version out of sterling silver.

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
Snowy|1386111899|3566965 said:
But I'm pretty sure the more I order the longer they're going to hold my other purchases to ship together so no more purchases from me so I can get all my black friday goodies!

That may be true. I just placed another order today. None of mine has shipped yet. I am sure they'll be combined together. Over the weekend my loose soufflé was being cleaned out.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
So, those of you with a pearl shortener- how does it work? Would someone post a picture for me,please? I must be unusually dense this evening-lol, because I just can't picture it. :oops:

LtypeI

Shiny_Rock
Trade
pkinnew, I sure hope Friday is sunny! The forecast for Friday says rain, but hopefully there'll be a break in the clouds. Priorities ;-) If it isn't sunny I'll just break out my lightbox for photos. I prefer natural light, but it'll do.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I took 4Ranch Girl's advice and asked Jeremy to find a metallic something to go between my soufflé and the enhancer. Here are three selections in similar colors that he came up with for my comments.

ppsouffle1476.jpg

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Fly Girl|1386126391|3567106 said:
I took 4Ranch Girl's advice and asked Jeremy to find a metallic something to go between my soufflé and the enhancer. Here are three selections in similar colors that he came up with for my comments.

Ooh, which one are you going to choose? I like the 2nd one because if you turn it 180 degrees (so the point currently pointing north is then pointing south), it looks like it would blend in to the tip of your souffle.

I also like the size of the first one.

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
pkinnew|1386112733|3566973 said:
periwinklegirl - Oh man I really need ideas on how to extend my 18" strands to 20-21"! How do you do it?

Hi pkinnew,
It works like this: I get a second clasp in the same style as the strand and then I string a couple inches of spare pearls on it (usually cheap freshwaters in a similar colour). The extender is hidden under my hair and I deliberately make it with smaller pearls so it stays at the back.
I got my first one from my jeweller when I was having a single strand necklace set made into a triple strand bracelet (last thing I paid someone else to string for me). She had about an inch and a half of pearls left over and she put the spare clasp on them.I thought it was cute but ultimately pointless. Then one day one of my strands was too short over my sweater and I thought of her little extender. Now I have one for almost every type of clasp I own, even one for Catherine's figure eights.
I'll take a pic for you.

Here you go. I have a white extender, but I thought the multicolour showed up better.

_12369.jpg

_12370.jpg

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock

Wow! Stunning! I vote for the third one. I like baroque with baroque. Although you really can't go wrong, they are all stunning!

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
My 2 cents....I would love to see it layed out like this to see if it would work. The diamond enhancer bale from pp next the middle pearl, then last pearl drilled thru the bumpy point up and last comes the beauty of a souffle, point side down. Worn on a long very heavy gold chain about 24 to 30 inches long.

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
4Ranch Girl|1386130079|3567150 said:
My 2 cents....I would love to see it layed out like this to see if it would work. The diamond enhancer bale from pp next the middle pearl, then last pearl drilled thru the bumpy point up and last comes the beauty of a souffle, point side down. Worn on a long very heavy gold chain about 24 to 30 inches long.

That sounds fantastic :appl: :appl: :appl: I would definitely go with that suggestion. If I had to choose just one it would be the third one (baroque).

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
I would go with #2. It would make the soufflé look more baroque and I think that would be awesome.

Snowy

Shiny_Rock
my vote is for the second one upside down!! I love the color matching!

And most of my purchases shipped from PP. I'm beyond excited!!! I can't wait to see the quality of PP's pearls which come highly recommended by Pricescopers. I was hoping to get them before the holiday parties I have next week.

SMC

Ideal_Rock
recordaras|1386007621|3566141 said:
sortmon|1386002972|3566086 said:
Well, now's a good time to get those earrings with the Cyber Monday discount. ;-)
This is how my thinking goes, which is exactly why I'm so relieved they don't have any available right now! (At least not on the site, and I know better than to ask).
Seriously, though, these deals will kill me.
recordaras, have you seen this new deal on their site for 10mm white metallic drop earrings? I don't know if they would go with your strand though, but maybe it's worth asking them about.
http://www.pearlparadise.com/p-3381-100mm-white-metallic-drop-freshwater-pearl-earrings.aspx

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Hi periwinklegirl!

Thanks for sharing your extenders! I'm going to have to see 1) which pearls I want to extend and 2) how many different clasps I have. I have many fishhooks but also lately I've been getting PP's ball clasp (unfortunately in a few different sizes). I don't string (yet!) so I may have to look for other options at a craft store. I really really want to make this work!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
I add my vote for #2 too! I think the two together will be stunning!

recordaras

Shiny_Rock
sortmon|1386221763|3567968 said:
recordaras, have you seen this new deal on their site for 10mm white metallic drop earrings? I don't know if they would go with your strand though, but maybe it's worth asking them about.
http://www.pearlparadise.com/p-3381-100mm-white-metallic-drop-freshwater-pearl-earrings.aspx
Ack, you are right, they are most likely a perfect match!!!
However, right now I just can't afford any more purchases at all. (*Repeat to self multiple times*) So I'm going to have to let these go and hope that something will be available when I've recovered after all the pre-holiday spending. :(

SMC

Ideal_Rock
recordaras|1386260873|3568135 said:
sortmon|1386221763|3567968 said:
Ack, you are right, they are most likely a perfect match!!!
However, right now I just can't afford any more purchases at all. (*Repeat to self multiple times*) So I'm going to have to let these go and hope that something will be available when I've recovered after all the pre-holiday spending. :(
Ummm, yeah - I totally understand what you mean. I may or may not be in the process of ordering Tahitian earrings for myself too. Someone stop me!

Both my grandmother's Tahitians and my lengthened Freshadamas are coming today! I can't wait for them to arrive.

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
sortmon - Pretty exciting day for you !! I can't wait to hear your reaction to them!

SMC

Ideal_Rock
pkinnew|1386264119|3568162 said:
sortmon - Pretty exciting day for you !! I can't wait to hear your reaction to them!
The Tahitians are a lot more silvery than they look in Jeremy's pictures. The lightbox does something to them that highlights the nuances of all the different colors. In real life, they are much more well-matched and they are a very dark grey. They have a subtle peacock overtone to them. I like that they are more muted. I love the size. I think my grandmother will like them too.
photo__17_12.jpg
photo__18_4.jpg
Will post more pictures when I get the chance to see it in different lighting later!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Wow! That is a serious strand of Tahitians! I hope your grandmother loves them and wears them in good health.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results