shape
carat
color
clarity

Show Me Your Barry/ACS Gemstones, Please and Thank You!

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am so excited about my green tourmaline! Barry is such a nice guy too! Ever since I started visiting Pricescope, I have wanted a supernova oval tourmaline cut by Barry. But alas, they are elusive little things. I also have wanted a medium toned green tourmaline. I was browsing through acstones one day under tourmalines and I saw my tourmaline. I have one of two guesses of how it flew under the radar. Either no one saw it because people usually check the newest inventory and stones alphabetically only or it stayed there because it wasn't a teal tourmaline. I read that a lot of Psers don't like green sones with a yellow undertone. Well, I do! My photography is not the greatest. It is much prettier in person. Without further ado, here it is (1.84 carats). IMG_1843.JPG IMG_1852.JPG IMG_1839.JPG IMG_1840.JPG

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so excited about my green tourmaline! Barry is such a nice guy too! Ever since I started visiting Pricescope, I have wanted a supernova oval tourmaline cut by Barry. But alas, they are elusive little things. I also have wanted a medium toned green tourmaline. I was browsing through acstones one day under tourmalines and I saw my tourmaline. I have one of two guesses of how it flew under the radar. Either no one saw it because people usually check the newest inventory and stones alphabetically only or it stayed there because it wasn't a teal tourmaline. I read that a lot of Psers don't like green sones with a yellow undertone. Well, I do! My photography is not the greatest. It is much prettier in person. Without further ado, here it is (1.84 carats). IMG_1843.JPG IMG_1852.JPG IMG_1839.JPG IMG_1840.JPG
Wow, that's beautiful! I like yellow undertones too.
Gorgeous, a treasure!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have two faceted gems by Barry (2 pink tourmalines). I used to have a green tourmaline too but I sold it to another PSer. I also have a moonstone and aquaprase from Barry as well.

Here is the round 9.7mm tourmaline

t-1409gg_1021_general.jpg
11881719_402951079911571_2100860156_n.jpg IMG_3750.JPG
IMG_3754.JPG

Here is the oval tourmaline 7.9x6.5mm
t-1544g_1060_detail.jpg
12547629_930446550337642_530122104_n.jpg

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Just gorgeous! I've been trying to get more pink tourmalines cut by Barry but owing to the time zones, I'm always too late for his drop.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just gorgeous! I've been trying to get more pink tourmalines cut by Barry but owing to the time zones, I'm always too late for his drop.
Huh. Is he back to doing drops now? For a while I believe he was loading them on as he cut them? I admittedly have not checked out his wonderful site for some time...

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Every Wednesday :)

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium

His drop is at 9am my time. So I try to get into work a bit early so I have time to check his site while I drink my coffee in the mornings. :)

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
How do drops work? And any idea what time UK time?

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much mochi!

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another Barry fan...beautiful stones at affordable prices...love seeing everyone's collection!

Attachments

• IMG_20170930_205703.jpg
    IMG_20170930_205703.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 41

Gemobsessed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have been wearing, just about everyday this fall, a ring Barry mounted with two of his tourmalines. I am also posting pictures of my 8.4mm peridot, 11.2x9.8mm amethyst, and 9.2mm Mexican fire opal.
IMG_3551.JPG IMG_3558.JPG

Just a lovely ring ! I missed out on that one!!

That peridot was also by him? It looks really nice and apple green. Any hint of olive or yellow in different lighting?

Gemobsessed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
1F0913FC-FA2A-4EE4-86C0-123706A5E2AE.jpeg 8A16B392-AF02-485F-BB3C-10D41CFB258B.jpeg 0CC23ACA-3EA5-4912-94B4-E24A9612A090.jpeg
I'm posting the gemstones I've bought from Barry and had mounted into rings (plus the silver tourmaline ring he did):

IMG_5320 (2).JPG
IMG_5345 (2).JPG

You have a great collection from him! I’ve just started buying from him. One has not been shipped yet.

Cushion cut Blue topaz and round Mozambique tourmaline. If anyone else has a Tourmaline like this I would love some pics! I know he sold two before and gosh am I late to the party.

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
BE78066B-07C0-489A-9C9D-C3EFF10108B5.jpeg

Spess garnet in a vintage setting. This thing literally glows like a hot ember in some lighting. It gets a lot of attention when I wear it. :kiss2: I bought it loose a few years ago on the preloved forum. Barry is such a sweet man. He is from a small town in Illinois, and when I bought my sister a green tourmaline once, he emailed with me back and forth... he included a stone holder for free and told me to have fun admiring gems with my sister. :) His emails are like his newsletters— warm in tone and always a funny story included.

Deathspi

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Beautiful stones everyone, thank you for the eye candy! :love:

mtsapphirelovingannie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Spess garnet in a vintage setting. This thing literally glows like a hot ember in some lighting. It gets a lot of attention when I wear it. :kiss2: I bought it loose a few years ago on the preloved forum. Barry is such a sweet man. He is from a small town in Illinois, and when I bought my sister a green tourmaline once, he emailed with me back and forth... he included a stone holder for free and told me to have fun admiring gems with my sister. :) His emails are like his newsletters— warm in tone and always a funny story included.

Wow! :mrgreen: I love your spess garnet!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm posting the gemstones I've bought from Barry and had mounted into rings (plus the silver tourmaline ring he did):

IMG_5320 (2).JPG
IMG_5345 (2).JPG

Where are you getting your settings from? I really like the clean look of them and the lovely profiles!! =)

mtsapphirelovingannie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Where are you getting your settings from? I really like the clean look of them and the lovely profiles!! =)

Thank you Stone Hunter. My new pink tourmaline ring with the diamond halo is from JuliaBJewelry on etsy. The two stone ring was a Barry creation; I don't know where he got that setting.

All others are stock Stuller settings that I had set locally by a B&M store.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Stone Hunter. My new pink tourmaline ring with the diamond halo is from JuliaBJewelry on etsy. The two stone ring was a Barry creation; I don't know where he got that setting.

All others are stock Stuller settings that I had set locally by a B&M store.

LOL :lol::lol: I usually do Stuller settings and get the stone set locally. Could you please post your settings to the Stuller settings thread. I may want to blatantly copy you. If that's okay. I've already checked out JuliaBJewelry. Thanks

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-me-stuller-settings.212118/

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

It is positively glowing! I love it I don’t get to see some of the darker spessartites on here. Mine is one of my most favorite and prettiest stones.
Barry is so nice. I did not realize He was from Illinois. I know he lives in Yuma now, which is my dad’s home town. That explains why my dad doesn’t know him because he moved from there decades ago. Barry is correct, it’s about a million degrees in the summer. The Colorado River is there though and everyone has a pool.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Such a beautiful stone! I agree with Chatoyancy in that it’s wonderful to see the darker spessartites. I love the increadible rich, vibrancy of it. Reminds me of embers, Fall, cognac, a magic moment when the sun sets....

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results