shape
carat
color
clarity

Show Me Your Barry/ACS Gemstones, Please and Thank You!

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is the best thread I’ve seen in ages - so much colour & beauty!!! :dance: I recognise so many of these stones, going back YEARS which only proves how much of a gem-nerd I am I suppose... :think:

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
3F62C5DD-D5DB-4E1D-841D-AC4456130C3D.jpeg I finally got my 1.84 carat Namibian tourmaline set a few weeks ago. I get so many compliments on it. I don’t think people are used to seeing a supernova oval cut.

I love this stone and its setting :)

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Barry’s stones and personality are awesome. I have several loose stones from Barry that I need to set yet, but I have set these four. A supernova Aquamarine, Spess Garnet, Electric Blue Topaz and Green Tourmaline. Here they are on a gloomy day and with my bad photo skills :).
C916FF1D-9AC6-425A-B4F0-A0493A868247.jpeg

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Barry’s stones and personality are awesome. I have several loose stones from Barry that I need to set yet, but I have set these four. A supernova Aquamarine, Spess Garnet, Electric Blue Topaz and Green Tourmaline. Here they are on a gloomy day and with my bad photo skills :).

How lovely! Love Barry's cutting so much. So distinct! And I love the settings you've chosen.

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
3F62C5DD-D5DB-4E1D-841D-AC4456130C3D.jpeg I finally got my 1.84 carat Namibian tourmaline set a few weeks ago. I get so many compliments on it. I don’t think people are used to seeing a supernova oval cut.
It’s beautiful :love:. Before I knew better, I purchase then returned a Tourmaline that looked a lot like yours from Barry. At that time I was new to collecting and I wanted a darker evergreen Tourmaline. Now I could kick myself for returning that stone. It will always be my one that got away :). Yours is gorgeous an I love the setting.

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
How lovely! Love Barry's cutting so much. So distinct! And I love the settings you've chosen.
Thanks! Barry’s faceting is so crisp and the stones reflect light so well. The settings are budget friendly settings :), from leejewelry on eBay.

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It’s beautiful :love:. Before I knew better, I purchase then returned a Tourmaline that looked a lot like yours from Barry. At that time I was new to collecting and I wanted a darker evergreen Tourmaline. Now I could kick myself for returning that stone. It will always be my one that got away :). Yours is gorgeous an I love the setting.
Thank you! I do enjoy wearing this ring. I hope you find a tourmaline that replaces the one that got away.
Your Collection from Barry is gorgeous!

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I recently purchased Barry's sugilite and Yerilla something or other. They are both yummy, and I mean yummy! I want to eat the little green jellybean! :lol: I didn't even know what I was buying. I liked the picture.
IMG_0091.JPG IMG_0092.JPG IMG_0095.JPG

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I recently purchased Barry's sugilite and Yerilla something or other. They are both yummy, and I mean yummy! I want to eat the little green jellybean! :lol: I didn't even know what I was buying. I liked the picture.
IMG_0091.JPG IMG_0092.JPG IMG_0095.JPG
I think the Yerilla something or other is a chrysoprase. It’s lovely!
That’s a beautiful sugilite! I didn’t know there were other sugilite fans on here. How many carats are your new lovelies?

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think the Yerilla something or other is a chrysoprase. It’s lovely!
That’s a beautiful sugilite! I didn’t know there were other sugilite fans on here. How many carats are your new lovelies?
I emailed Barry when I received them and said, "I don't know what a Yerilla is, but it is pretty!":lol: He's so nice about my idiocy.

The sugilite is 2.80 cts, 12.7x7.8. Jellybean is 2.49 cts, 10x8. Pretty, pretty!

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I emailed Barry when I received them and said, "I don't know what a Yerilla is, but it is pretty!":lol: He's so nice about my idiocy.

The sugilite is 2.80 cts, 12.7x7.8. Jellybean is 2.49 cts, 10x8. Pretty, pretty!
Barry is just a nice guy. Those are going to look so pretty set! I love it that you didn’t know what you bought, but you bought it anyway because it was pretty. That’s awesome!

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love this thread!! I've been buying from Barry at ACS for years and years and I buy the weirdest stuff on his site, just because I think it's pretty. His prices are so reasonable. The first picture is a sunstone pendant I bought maybe 8 - 10 years ago when Barbra was still there. She was teaching at the local Uni and said she used this pendant to show classic shiller.

20180420_081919.jpg 20180420_081325.jpg

Next, not long ago, maybe a year or so, I bought these fascinating inlay things. I later learned they are called 'Intasia". The blue areas must be opals, they flash like crazy. I had originally thought earrings, but that taught me to read the specs better...They are huge! So I just keep them as a conversation piece. Any ideas for display would be welcome. I don't have the original listing anymore and I can't remember the various stones...

20180420_074940.jpg 20180420_074845.jpg

And finally, a pair of sunstone cabs with a matching pendant cab. (Barry threw in the pendant cab for free) he is such a nice man. Another project that's waiting on the shelf.

20180420_074028.jpg 20180420_073844.jpg

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh wow! The work on those intarsia pieces is amazing!

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Those are beautiful pieces! The intarsia is really cool. Barry has some unusual pieces no one else has, plus he’s so nice. Are you going to set your cabs in silver or gold?

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks @MrsKMB and @chatoyancy. The intarsia pieces are amazing and one of my top favorites. I take them out frequently to feel the smoothness and admire the little picture. I wish I knew who made them. ACS bought them many moons ago at the Tuscon Gem Show.

The cabs are on the back burner but I'll probably set them in yellow gold.

Gemobsessed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Hello! I love your setting especially the bottom two. Simple and so good at letting the stone be the hero! Would you mind sharing the vendor?

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hello! I love your setting especially the bottom two. Simple and so good at letting the stone be the hero! Would you mind sharing the vendor?
Thanks @Gemobsessed . Sometimes I prefer a simple setting with a plain band and diamond accents like those two settings. The vendor the settings came from is leejewelry on eBay. The settings are very well made for the price and they will customize any setting to fit a stone.

Here is the link to the electric blue topaz setting. I asked them to make each diamond .02ct instead of .01ct each on this setting, for a total of 0.12ct in diamonds.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pear-6x8mm...hash=item2aa6bc51c8:m:mqSOX4B6341y2TtwxkoCu6g

And the link to the green tourmaline setting.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/7x7mm-Cush...055347?hash=item2aa7d00933:g:6nYAAOxyOlhSul36

bcandy

Rough_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Gemobsessed . Sometimes I prefer a simple setting with a plain band and diamond accents like those two settings. The vendor the settings came from is leejewelry on eBay. The settings are very well made for the price and they will customize any setting to fit a stone.

Here is the link to the electric blue topaz setting. I asked them to make each diamond .02ct instead of .01ct each on this setting, for a total of 0.12ct in diamonds.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pear-6x8mm...hash=item2aa6bc51c8:m:mqSOX4B6341y2TtwxkoCu6g

And the link to the green tourmaline setting.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/7x7mm-Cush...055347?hash=item2aa7d00933:g:6nYAAOxyOlhSul36

Thanks for sharing! Are your top two settings also from the same vendor? And since they're international, have you had any issues with customs?

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks for sharing! Are your top two settings also from the same vendor? And since they're international, have you had any issues with customs?
Hi @bcandy :). Yes, the top two settings are also from leejewelry. I have set most of my stones in settings from their store and have never had any issues with customs. It typically takes them 2-3 weeks to make the setting, then they ship it to me in the US using DHL Express, which takes just a few days to arrive.
I should mention that they also operate eBay stores jewelryhoo and jewelryhoo2 and prices for the same settings can sometimes vary between the three different stores, so it doesn’t hurt to see which store is offering the best price ;-). You can upgrade diamonds too, but I only have upgraded once for a special stone I was setting and think their standard diamonds are nice.
Here’s a link to the Spess garnet setting:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/6-5mm-Roun...365537?hash=item28576baa21:g:MdAAAMXQPGJSNDYh
And the link to the aquamarine setting. I ordered this setting without a center stone so I could set my Barry Aquamarine in it:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/18k-White-...020061?hash=item2aa7cf7f5d:g:ssYAAOSwPCVX7gsR

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn’t know there were other sugilite fans on here.
+1
I was bummed to miss the one MrsKMB grabbed (but happy it went to a PSer) as nice pieces can be hard to find and pricey. I was able to snag the one posted last week. Also picked up the sunstone cab and Barry surprised me with a pair...I love these. Last, I finally set my Barry aquamarine.

IMG_20180507_210424.jpg IMG_20180507_210231.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results