shape
carat
color
clarity

show me stuller settings?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
finding photos of suller settings seems to be a bit dificult on the internet.
if you have one, please post it here for reference. :read:

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Oh man. Mine are almost exclusively Stuller. I'll have to come back later tonight and post. I haven't been on much lately but decided to browse while feeding the little one. I love Stuller. Mostly because I have a local jeweler that gives me great prices, but also because I've never been disappointed with the design or workmanship of what I've gotten.

unsettled

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I'd love to see some real life stuller settings too. Even in searching Google images, I seem to only come up with stock photos.

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
You've seen my pendant before but I may not have said it's from Stuller. It's in 18K yellow gold:

pendant_15.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel|1428430293|3858068 said:
thanks everybody for the pics.
I am particuarly interested in this one so its nice to see photos. I wish i could see the plain shank halo they do too.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/1-17-oec-shes-a-keeper-and-an-antique-finger-warmer.187205/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/1-17-oec-shes-a-keeper-and-an-antique-finger-warmer.187205/[/URL]

Niel,
I just got this setting too, yesterday. Before getting it, I searched all over PS since someone told me a PSer had it, but couldn't find it.
I had mine altered a little. I really like it - it's delicate but sturdy. I can post more photos if you want them : )

joy_day3.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne|1428578995|3859165 said:
Niel|1428430293|3858068 said:
thanks everybody for the pics.
I am particuarly interested in this one so its nice to see photos. I wish i could see the plain shank halo they do too.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/1-17-oec-shes-a-keeper-and-an-antique-finger-warmer.187205/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/1-17-oec-shes-a-keeper-and-an-antique-finger-warmer.187205/[/URL]

Niel,
I just got this setting too, yesterday. Before getting it, I searched all over PS since someone told me a PSer had it, but couldn't find it.
I had mine altered a little. I really like it - it's delicate but sturdy. I can post more photos if you want them : )

joy_day3.jpg

yes! how did you alter it??

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
I have two. I recently got my engagement ring reset in the same setting as above, only yellow gold, and my pear pendant. First up, my engagement ring with my 1.04 round, size 6.5.

_28861.jpg

_28862.jpg

_28863.jpg

_28864.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
manderz|1428632018|3859611 said:
I have two. I recently got my engagement ring reset in the same setting as above, only yellow gold, and my pear pendant. First up, my engagement ring with my 1.04 round, size 6.5.
I'm really digging this setting I'm glad you posted it in yellow gold. Its hard for me to tell on my monitor... It is all gold yes? I know they have a two tone version too

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty in gold!
I wish this setting had a name instead of a number. Maybe we can come up with one : )
Meanwhile I wish other PSer's who chose it would post a photo. I'm enjoying seeing my sister settings.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great idea for a thread, Niel, as I'm considering this same setting for my AVR. It's an L color so I will likely have it set in yellow gold with a platinum head. I'm also opting for yellow gold because I like it.

Jimmianne and manderz, I was wondering what the width and height of the shank was? It looks small.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
me too! love the curves and the milgrain.
I don't know the measurements...maybe they are on the Stuller website?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne|1428661636|3859721 said:
Pretty in gold!
I wish this setting had a name instead of a number. Maybe we can come up with one : )
Meanwhile I wish other PSer's who chose it would post a photo. I'm enjoying seeing my sister settings.
There is one with engraving on the less than 1ct thread. I'll see if I can find it

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel, I'm glad you found it. The engraving looks really nice on this ring!
What are your thoughts at this point?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne|1428679674|3859863 said:
Niel, I'm glad you found it. The engraving looks really nice on this ring!
What are your thoughts at this point?
Oh its not for me, my friend, I had mentioned in a previous post, the one who wants a rose gold ring... Anyways her boyfriend and I are trying to get it done. We were trying to get a halo, but his budget dropped from 1600 to 1400.... So now he knows she wants a halo or "a setting that's interesting". She has pinned some solis so at this point the plan is to go with this and a stone from LAD. I'm waiting on a video for it now. She said she could shave down the prongs like yours so I think it'll be a really pretty ring in rose gold with an antique center.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel -oh OK - got it.

I really like the unplated for a vintage diamond and didn't realize I could do that. My one objection to mine is that it's so shiny!
I guess time will take care of that : )

I would love to see what they pick.

[When we were dealing with Stuller it took them 2 tries to send the right setting].

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
Niel|1428657768|3859707 said:
manderz|1428632018|3859611 said:
I'm really digging this setting I'm glad you posted it in yellow gold. Its hard for me to tell on my monitor... It is all gold yes? I know they have a two tone version too
Yup! All yellow gold.
baby nurse said:
Great idea for a thread, Niel, as I'm considering this same setting for my AVR. It's an L color so I will likely have it set in yellow gold with a platinum head. I'm also opting for yellow gold because I like it.

Jimmianne and manderz, I was wondering what the width and height of the shank was? It looks small.

It's pretty thin at the top, but quite a bit thicker at the bottom. I'll dig out my calipers and let you know shortly.

Cynara

Rough_Rock
Hello!

I'm kinda of a longtime lurker from back in the day....

Does Stuller make this setting in ROSE gold?
On their website, i only see the white gold version.
I also love VintageSparkleLover's version: unplated, white gold + engraved and wondered if that was done by her jeweler?

I'd also love to know what the going rate for these stock settings are... : )

Sorry for the million questions!

thank you!!!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cynara|1428709698|3860135 said:
Hello!

I'm kinda of a longtime lurker from back in the day....

Does Stuller make this setting in ROSE gold?
On their website, i only see the white gold version.
I also love VintageSparkleLover's version: unplated, white gold + engraved and wondered if that was done by her jeweler?

I'd also love to know what the going rate for these stock settings are... : )

Sorry for the million questions!

thank you!!!

they do make it in rose gold. 14 and 18. I think the pricing depends on the vendor. Love affair diamonds sells this setting, and its a very reasonable price.

http://www.stuller.com/products/build/122004/3637569/?groupId=113775#/center-stone

Cynara

Rough_Rock
Wow! Thank you!!! For some reason, I could not find the Rose gold version you found the link to! I'm madly picturing that modified with millegraine and engraving and tiny claws! I'm asking my jeweler for an estimate but would want to be aware if they try to really jack up the price.

: ) Merci!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Going back and looking at the photos of the engraved setting - it is different from the others. The prongs are longer and thinner, the design under the basket is a bit different, the shoulders come in lower and the shank tapers more toward the stone

pricing: I have seen the setting starting at $250 for 14k online, with the price going up as the setting basket is made larger to accommodate a larger stone.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results