shape
carat
color
clarity

My baby AVR is here!

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so excited - even though it's just a mini of some of the other AVR beauties here, I am still so happy to actually have one, regardless of the size! (now I *know* I need a bigger one when finances allow... :bigsmile: )

It's a 0.59ct I VS1 in a WG Stuller setting

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/11646/
http://www.stuller.com/products/122047/5267970/?groupId=117213

Good Old Gold was kind enough to make a video comparing the 2 stones I was debating between:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kneVJWzHoOE

I always forget how hard it is to take good pictures of diamonds. And even though it was fresh out of the box, it still looks dirty in mega close-ups! It's a VS1, so no they aren't inclusions. :)

It is so bright and beautiful. It just has fantastic light return, and I can only see a slight hint of body color from the side and a bit from a tilt angle, but it doesn't bother me at all. The fire in it is insane - it just picks up colors from everywhere, which I adore, and I can't believe it's mine! The setting was a suggestion from GOG, and it is very pretty and delicate in person, even for a stone this size.

I have to say thank you to Irene at Good Old Gold who assisted me along the way, always patient and kind. I didn't have any interaction with Jonathan at all ( :( ) but I have to thank him as well for designing such a gorgeous piece of art!

img_4067.jpg

img_4822.jpg

img_4069.jpg

img_4805.jpg

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some gorgeous fire shots, a hand shot, and a curious visitor:

img_4071.jpg

img_4072.jpg

img_4614-001.jpg

img_4636.jpg

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A few shots of the setting - so pretty!

img_4653.jpg

img_4591.jpg

img_4592.jpg

img_4601.jpg

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
These diamonds are gorgeous in ANY SIZE! I have one that is .12 I think bezel set into a pendant, lol. Enjoy!

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And a few more shots that came out well:

img_4079.jpg

img_4083.jpg

img_4084.jpg

img_4683.jpg

jdamian123

Rough_Rock
Gorgeous! - though the ring size seems tad bit too small for you. How easy is it to change?

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He he - well it looks a lot worse than it is. It does fit, and is easy enough to take on and off. But I wanted it a bit bigger so I could wear it on my slightly bigger right hand (I'm right handed), but it is a little smaller than I asked for, so it's relegated to the left hand. Unfortunately this is the 2nd time GOG has made a ring smaller than I requested, so that may be something for others to keep in mind if ordering from them. I told Irene; hopefully she'll pass it along that this has happened to me twice now.

Amour_Et_Diamants

Shiny_Rock
Your ring is so pretty! Congrats! I'm beyond jealous looking at the pictures.

Amour_Et_Diamants

Shiny_Rock
I love the fire shot with the pearls too. Simply amazing.

:love: :love: :love:

Elysian

Brilliant_Rock
Your AVR is amazing!!!! I love the faceting!! And best of all, it looks wonderful on your hand (and smelled by your sweet kitty)! The setting is absolutely gorgeous too! :love:

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Elysian|1394840394|3634346 said:
Your AVR is amazing!!!! I love the faceting!! And best of all, it looks wonderful on your hand (and smelled by your sweet kitty)! The setting is absolutely gorgeous too! :love:

Thanks! Your's is amazing as well. :)

I do like the setting - I tend to gravitate toward that style. And I'm very pleased with the quality of it.

Yes I did have "helpers" while I was trying to take pics - it was an interesting endeavor. :)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I think you know I like it since I also have an AVR I VS1! :love: :love: :love:

I am so happy you love it! They are indeed really special stones!

(Asscherhalo-lover, I want to see yours, too (I found it in your thread topics)! I have never seen one of the little melee diamonds! Can you really see that they are different from a rb?)

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats, beautiful ring and great pics too!!!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was going to say the AXT same thing! Enjoy and wear it in good health. I love it!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really love the faceting on the AVR's! Thanks for showing it off in all of the lovely pics! :))

kalomeli

Shiny_Rock
What a lovely ring! Congrats! Wear it in good health!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
It looks beautiful, I think the setting suits it well.

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring! :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you can take it to a jewelry store and have them check the size and it really is smaller than you specified, I think they will send you a return shipping label and resize it for you,

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone! I love taking pics - it's one of the best parts of getting a new piece, and to be able to share it with people like all of you that truly appreciate it is just icing on the cake!

It's an acceptable size - I can wear it comfortably on this hand, but I do wish it was a tad bigger so I could wear it on the other hand too. I'll live with it for a while and see what I think. I'll have to rotate it out with other pieces I have, so I won't get to see it all the time, but that's ok. :)

DS - your AVR is one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen (love your avatar photo!)! I'm glad to be in the AVR club now, even if it is small. But I have plans... :naughty:

Elysian

Brilliant_Rock
I have recently learned that ring sizing is not universal. What one jewelry store indicates as say 6 can be 6.25 for instance. Get my drift?
I would send into GOG a ring that is correctly sized (along with the ring to be sized) and they can take necessary measure.

I have struggled with sizing too recently, just wanted to share my findings!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really beautiful!!!

Sky56

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful ring...and kittycat and pearls! Enjoy! =) Good to hear you chose Stuller. I'm a Stuller fan.

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful baby you have!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So pretty!! congratulations. An AVR of any size is beautiful and drool-worthy.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love that baby!!! Yay :love: :love: :love:

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
I love smaller stones. They are sometimes a more delicate & pretty look. I'm actually in the process of selling offf my larger stones. I think it is perfect! Can they stretch your setting? I think that is sometimes done.

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone - I love it too! It is so bright and beautiful. And even though it's smaller than my 0.74ct rb, I can still see that the facets are larger, and the fire from it is stunning even with the smaller size of the stone overall!

My grand plan is to trade up for a larger one (like 1ct-ish range - no way I'll ever get to 2-3ct like most of the ones you see here) at some point, so I don't feel as though I lost anything in the process doing it this way, since GOG will give full purchase price toward a bigger one later. And I get to enjoy it now instead of obsessing over them and not knowing if I really love them because I can't see one in real life - kwim?

And I found a few more pics to share. :)

Lovely kozibe in some of these pics -

img_4609.jpg

img_4112.jpg

img_4113.jpg

img_4114.jpg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
GORGEOUS! I love the diamond you chose and the setting makes it the "star of the show"!! Love the simple details on the Stuller setting --- perfect choice for your diamond, which looks AWESOME on you, btw!

Enjoy!

endless_summer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think that the AVRs are my very favorite round cut, and yours is no exception - it's gorgeous!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results