shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your AVC/AVOEC diamonds!

sunshinegal

Rough_Rock
I just received mine from DK, so I can add it! I

Diamond is a preloved AVC, 1.09, square, Y-Z (light yellow). I wanted a 'signet' feel from the setting and DK nailed it! It's my first yellow diamond and I am head over heels, but I had no idea they were so hard to photograph! Much harder than white/near colorless diamonds.

I don't know if Distinctive Gem is cutting any more mined yellow rough (I was told good yellow rough for AVs is very difficult to source?), so I felt really lucky to find this.

goldenavc1.jpg

goldenavc3.jpg

goldenavc3.jpg

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Diamond is a preloved AVC, 1.09, square, Y-Z (light yellow). I wanted a 'signet' feel from the setting and DK nailed it! It's my first yellow diamond and I am head over heels, but I had no idea they were so hard to photograph! Much harder than white/near colorless diamonds.

I don't know if Distinctive Gem is cutting any more mined yellow rough (I was told good yellow rough for AVs is very difficult to source?), so I felt really lucky to find this.

goldenavc1.jpg

goldenavc3.jpg

goldenavc3.jpg

That last pic…wow! I love those pastel flashes of fire. :kiss2:

ArielleB

Shiny_Rock

goldenavc1.jpg

goldenavc3.jpg

goldenavc3.jpg

That is so beautiful! I’d love to see the profile :kiss2:

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
I was wearing my 1.21 ct AVR LGD to the exclusion of all my other rings. So I reset it in a bezel ring for my middle finger and can now show comparison pics.

0.72 earth AVR on the left
2B12E50A-0B45-451E-8BA6-2AED641D6ABB.jpeg

0.72 earth AVC on the right
1B8C630B-9B5A-4BB1-9C77-828624F4B136.jpeg

I almost have completed my AVR/AVC goals! I just got a 0.95 AVR to wear on my left hand. The last AV thing I want to do is turn the middle finger AVR ring into a three-stone. So it will be 0.72 EGD - 1.21 LGD - 0.72 something-grown-diamond. Maybe in 2023.

09D5BB16-D54A-45F2-9F03-3260352448E6.jpeg

Lakefront

Shiny_Rock
31AED57D-9172-4BC6-B58D-2F4010671F74.jpeg

I love three stone rings but finding three matching earth mined AVCs is no easy task. I set my 1.93ct AVC with old mine cut sides (approx .85ct each). For me, that was a mistake.

View attachment 932038

It’s bolder and it definitely makes a statement but the sides completely detract from the precision cut AVC center. They don’t have as many rainbows or as much brightness as the center stone. The amazing characteristics of the AVC get lost in it all. I enjoyed my AVC much more when it was the single focus.

She’s going back to her solitaire setting soon and the sides will become earrings. It seems a waste on many levels, but creating this three stone was a bad experience for me. The vendor (not Distinctive Gem, where the center stone came from - they are amazing!) and I did not mesh well and it isn’t what I had dreamed of. So looking at this every day reminds me of my frustrations. The AVC was meant to stand alone.

I’m just leaving this here for those who are considering side stones for an AVC.
Ymmv

McLaren

Shiny_Rock
Here's mine, 3.04 M SI2 AVC in Leon Mege setting, ring size 4.5. I bought it pre-loved from LoveStreet.

9EE9EED6-8D8C-44BA-92D9-F8BAAC9379A2.jpeg

Junebug I love your ring so much. If you ever decide to upgrade or move on the I am firmly at the front of the queue!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's mine, 3.04 M SI2 AVC in Leon Mege setting, ring size 4.5. I bought it pre-loved from LoveStreet.

9EE9EED6-8D8C-44BA-92D9-F8BAAC9379A2.jpeg

I remember this beauty!!! How wonderful you are the new owner! It is a fabulous ring!

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
I almost have completed my AVR/AVC goals! I just got a 0.95 AVR to wear on my left hand. The last AV thing I want to do is turn the middle finger AVR ring into a three-stone. So it will be 0.72 EGD - 1.21 LGD - 0.72 something-grown-diamond. Maybe in 2023.

09D5BB16-D54A-45F2-9F03-3260352448E6.jpeg

Oh hey I never followed up. I have the LGD in a bezel setting in a necklace and I rounded out the 3-stone ring project with an EGD 0.72 H VS1.

2817C35C-29F8-4B00-8A16-68B5C8D516E9.jpeg

Lakefront

Shiny_Rock
…and we’re back!

I reset my AVC back into the original split shank solitaire (from a three stone variation) and I couldn’t be happier!
I love this stone without any side or accent stones.
The color (F) is crisp and the setting is minimal.
I’m back in love with it and I don’t even feel dss from losing the finger coverage of the side stones.
I’m happy, happy, happy! IMG_7649.jpeg

Heathcat24

Shiny_Rock
Premium
…and we’re back!

I reset my AVC back into the original split shank solitaire (from a three stone variation) and I couldn’t be happier!
I love this stone without any side or accent stones.
The color (F) is crisp and the setting is minimal.
I’m back in love with it and I don’t even feel dss from losing the finger coverage of the side stones.
I’m happy, happy, happy! IMG_7649.jpeg

Oh, this is BEAUTIFUL!!!

Story

Rough_Rock

goldenavc1.jpg

goldenavc3.jpg

goldenavc3.jpg

I know you posted this a year ago, but just wanted to say this is pretty much my dream ring :kiss2: it's stunning!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results