shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your AVC/AVOEC diamonds!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is gorgeous silverleaf, so classic and pretty on your lovely hand!!

lopezsie

Rough_Rock
My heart melts with this newest round and cushion additions! thank you, ladies! They are beautiful. I can't wait to own my own. :appl: :appl:

DocAnna

Rough_Rock
Jonathan,

LOVE the AVs! :love:

How do you connect a customer with their AV from a distance? Do you provide one video of the stone(s) or a couple of videos to help the customer narrow down their selection? Also, do you bring in additional AVs if you do not currently have a stone with the specs they are looking for? :wavey:

kds78

Rough_Rock
This thread has made me YEARN for a AVC! So beautiful! I count the days when I can get my own...I'll have to convince my husband too! :tongue:

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
DocAnna|1309913874|2962370 said:
Jonathan,

LOVE the AVs! :love:

How do you connect a customer with their AV from a distance? Do you provide one video of the stone(s) or a couple of videos to help the customer narrow down their selection? Also, do you bring in additional AVs if you do not currently have a stone with the specs they are looking for? :wavey:

Hi Doc!

Thanks for your inquiry and your questions. I'll be happy to answer.

"How do you connect a customer with their AV from a distance?"

We connect people from all over the globe with them. Every diamond we back with lifetime policies includes a full 30 day refund period so there is absolutely no risk to you whatsoever and we ship them everywhere, overnight and fully insured.

"Do you provide one video of the stone(s) or a couple of videos to help the customer narrow down their selection?"

We have HD videos published of virtually every possible scenario you can think of and in virtually every type of lighting. If you go onto either our YouTube channel or Vimeo album featuring signature cushions you can see the many clips we've done. Something I am currently working on is a new site that categorizes our videos into specific topics which I hope to complete in the coming months. At this time though there is a search feature on both YouTube and Vimeo that help narrow down what it is you'd like to see on those channels. If you can't find it we'll point you in the right direction.

With regards to how many videos ... Each day we get many requests for videos showing the same exact thing so we will often link clients to the video that is showing them what they want to see. We only shoot new videos of AVC/AVR's when a client reserves one and wants to see a video of that particular diamond before we ship it to them and we generally only limit it to one video per diamond. You tell us what you want to see in the video and we'll show it. The reason we do that is because we are shooting all day and it is very time consuming to shoot, download, edit, upload video even though they are only minutes in length. There is a lot we do that is also published privately. We have done so many now though that if you've watched even a few of our videos on AVC/AVR's you already know the top of the line optics you can expect. After that we will shoot whatever photography necessary it is to show you whatever it is you want to see, unless the only possible way to see what you want to see is via video. In instances that don't involve optics (like clarity and color) quality macro photography generally serves to best show those features while video is best for seeing optics in a practical observation. In those cases when video is best suited to show you whatever features it is you want to see then we'd shoot additional video to show you whatever it is you want to see. (For example if you wanted to compare the optics of two different cuts or cut qualities). We are 110% committed to and for our clients and potential clients making the most informed decision possible vis the web.

"Also, do you bring in additional AVs if you do not currently have a stone with the specs they are looking for?"

Not that easy. August Vintage™ is primarily cut from the rough and becomes available as rough becomes available for me to purchase and cut. I will replace inventory when I run out of either
a. diamonds in a particular price point or
b. diamonds in a particular quality zone

For example we will stock both white and warm inventory of AVC & AVR. If I have 5 white 1ct AVC's that fall into a pricepoint of 5-6k then there is no need to puchase more. I'll do that after some of these sell. I know at this moment I am in need of 1.5-1.99ct G-J, VS1-SI1 clarities in both AVC and AVR and am seeking the rough for that now. We also recently sold out of warm AVC's from about 1.2 - 2.99ct and am seeking to replenish that as well. The rough market is a little weird right now but when we see it open my cutter is fully aware of my needs. if a client does want something specific we can also explore finding a suitable candidate to recut which we've done more than a few times too.

On another note regarding AVC's and their official AGS "Ideal" designation in light performance. I had stated in this thread that we will reprint AGS Reports for clients on past AVC's that were purchased. We can and still are doing that but I learned that this is only retroactive beginning from June 9th 2010 which is when that went into effect. Any questions you can always forward to me or the general email at GOG and we are happy to answer.

Thanks for your inquiry Doc adn if you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask. We are here to serve.

Kind regards,
Jonathan

Rae~

Shiny_Rock
Rhino,

For those of us who purchased AV stones with certs dated prior to 09 June 2010, if we were to now resubmit our stone to AGS for updated certification, the Light Performance info would be included on the new cert, is that correct? (And I realise that would require removing from any setting.)

I appreciate your taking the time to keep us updated. Cheers. :)

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi Rae,

Yep. it would require removal from the setting, shipping back and forth to AGS, cost of a new report then resetting back into your ring. Any news i get I will let folks know in this thread.

Thanks,

maplefemme

Brilliant_Rock
renogirl|1311915060|2979553 said:
2.16ct, I, VS2 AVC set in Victor Canera's hand forged Sophia in platinum with French cut sides

Gorgeous!!! :love:

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
*sigh, one day I shall have one of these beauties!! I just love the antique look/feel of them, and for me, while the 'modern' cuts are lovely, they just can't hold a candle to these!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock

Mrs W

Brilliant_Rock
Bump for new AVC/AVOEC's

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, these are so gorgeous :love: :love: :cheeky: :cheeky:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
diamond-girl » 16 Jan 2012 00:41
I'll take more pictures and post them when I can. I won't have the chance to do it till Wednesday. This picture was taken with the Iphone so obviously, it doesn't do the ring justice. The diamond is a K VS2 with AGS 0,0,0 proportions.

2ct AVC
Victora Canera

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/victor-canera-august-vintage-cushion-engagement-ring.170669/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/victor-canera-august-vintage-cushion-engagement-ring.170669/[/URL]

Attachments

• dgirl.bmp
    506.3 KB · Views: 3,520

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I'm so grateful to PS for being awesome in general, but in particular for directing my FI and me toward GOG and the AVC! I love my ering so much :)

Last May, FI and I drove 5 hours from DC to New York to visit the store and check out these beauties. By hour 4.5 we were tired and starting to think that maybe it was a silly idea... and then we got to GOG and saw the diamond. WOW. Batteries instantly recharged :bigsmile: Even standing in traffic for an hour just to get out of the city on the way back didn't spoil our mood. And, without further ado --

1.11 L VVS2 AVC set in an 18K yellow gold setting that we found at GOG on that same trip. Ring size 5. The prongs look really industrial (can't see in this pic), so I think I'll upgrade the setting at some point, but definitely still in yellow gold. Maybe bezel :naughty:

- Anya

IMG_0002 - Copy.JPG

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
It's a beauty! You should start your own SMTB thread!!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
GemFever|1328215142|3117561 said:
I'm so grateful to PS for being awesome in general, but in particular for directing my FI and me toward GOG and the AVC! I love my ering so much :)

Last May, FI and I drove 5 hours from DC to New York to visit the store and check out these beauties. By hour 4.5 we were tired and starting to think that maybe it was a silly idea... and then we got to GOG and saw the diamond. WOW. Batteries instantly recharged :bigsmile: Even standing in traffic for an hour just to get out of the city on the way back didn't spoil our mood. And, without further ado --

1.11 L VVS2 AVC set in an 18K yellow gold setting that we found at GOG on that same trip. Ring size 5. The prongs look really industrial (can't see in this pic), so I think I'll upgrade the setting at some point, but definitely still in yellow gold. Maybe bezel :naughty:

- Anya

Beautiful :)

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thank you Amy and SparklyOEC! If I ever reset it (especially if I bezel it), I will definitely post a separate thread.

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
i had to ressurect this post! :love: :love: Hopefully there will be some new additions?? Great for inspiration haha :cheeky:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results