missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Settings I adore.

Caysie's delicious Olivia:

cvboliviasetting.jpg
cvboliviasetting.jpeg

Caysie's yummy Dahlia:
I would ask for the texture on the metal work on the basket to be made smooth. Not sure I described that correctly.

dahliasettingupsidedown.jpg dahliasettingfaceup.jpeg dahliasettingfaceup.jpg dahliasettingsideview.jpg

Attachments

• dahliasettingsideview.jpg
    dahliasettingsideview.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 19

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fingers crossed girls...I might have something to show you in the near future...
1237397y6kr97ild4.gif

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so excited to see what it is!! I haven't had any epiphanies for you, but I have sure been following! =)2

prbaglady

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I just have saved this from pricescope at some point. I've decided that when I'm ready for a re-set, I'm going to ask Victor to come up with his spin on this one./QUOTE]

@jaaron I actually tried on a ring with that same setting in person. The center stone was a 2 carat L color OEC. It was so lovely!! here are some photos:
70CB41BD-F6E7-4DA3-9B07-143E2C191E4F.jpeg 27B7C48C-032E-4F5A-B9CC-1E2C6656EADA.jpeg

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock

Pbrbaglady-

Sorry, can't get your post to quote. Wow! It's gorgeous. Where did you find it?

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
Fingers crossed girls...I might have something to show you in the near future...
1237397y6kr97ild4.gif

So exciting, Missy! I can’t wait to see what you end up doing!!!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
1237397y6kr97ild4.gif
2+2 = Old World Diamonds! I hope it all works out! I can’t wait to see your new setting! :appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So exciting, Missy! I can’t wait to see what you end up doing!!!

I am so excited to see what it is!! I haven't had any epiphanies for you, but I have sure been following! =)2

2+2 = Old World Diamonds! I hope it all works out! I can’t wait to see your new setting! :appl:

Hahaha @Bonfire clever girl!!!
Thanks @Tonks and @rainydaze and everyone else who has been along for my journey and so helpful too.

I'm a bit disappointed. I got the most beautiful antique setting from @Demelza (thank you @soxfan!!!) and it would have been perfect. But it was too small/too shallow for my OEC. Adam took me to his bench guy (who is highly skilled and awesome) and there was just no way to make it work. Big kudos to Adam because he spent a really long time with me brainstorming and trying to help me make the setting work or find one that would work. And if anyone can help me find just the right setting I think it is Adam so I am trying not be super disappointed. I just have to be patient.

But I will say the setting from Demelza is really gorgeous and if anyone has a stone that would fit in her setting I would recommend grabbing it up. True vintage and truly elegant and classic.

Photos in case anyone is interested.

2074-L.jpg

2078-L.jpg

2081-L.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-11-08 at 4.27.08 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-08 at 4.27.00 PM.png

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:cry2: Sorry missy...
Chin up, the right one is out there and you will find it!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:cry2: Sorry missy...
Chin up, the right one is out there and you will find it!

Thanks @Bonfire!

Adam is such a doll. He even took me to other dealers to help me find just the right vintage setting. I think he knew how disappointed I was this one didn't work out but still how amazing is he that he took the time and energy to help me look at other dealers? And having him there with me was very helpful and reassuring.

prbaglady

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@missy what size stone can fit into Demelza's setting? I LOVE it!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy what size stone can fit into Demelza's setting? I LOVE it!

I am not sure because I never got the measurements from Grace besides the 6.85 height but email Grace and see if she can give you the measurements. I know it will fit bigger than 10mm but was too small for Bubbalah whose largest measurement is 10.85.

Screen Shot 2018-11-08 at 6.45.46 PM.png

It is even more beautiful a setting in person than photos show.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aw I'm sorry @missy, but hang in there, the right setting is out there.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:(2 That's such a bummer missy. I'm sorry that setting didn't fit Bubbalah. Everything works out for a reason, and I know you think the same way... but the waiting for it to work out still sucks.

Cluless

Brilliant_Rock
sorry Missy just scroll down on the page it's now the 4th ring on the page.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sorry Missy just scroll down on the page it's now the 4th ring on the page.

Thank you @Cluless, It was the second one with the first link when I clicked onto it just a little while ago. I love the setting but it's for a 9 plus carat diamond...but yes the setting is beautiful and just what I am looking for. I appreciate ornate but for Bubbalah a simple setting allows her to be the star of the show and the setting you linked is perfect. But I think it's too large. I appreciate your help, thank you!

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
Missy, I hate that setting didn’t work out for you—it is gorgeous. But it sounds like you are lucky to have a great relationship with Adam. If you can hang in there I’m sure the perfect thing will present itself sooner or later!

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Missy - there’s a Dahlia up for sale on loupe trope. For a 10.5 mm stone. Have you seen it? No side diamonds though.

CAF

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy - there’s a Dahlia up for sale on loupe trope. For a 10.5 mm stone. Have you seen it? No side diamonds though.

CAF

Thanks @caf , yes I was briefly considering it but ultimately it's not right for Bubbalah...it's a beautiful setting and a great price and I am sure someone will take advantage of the sweet deal.

Aw I'm sorry @missy, but hang in there, the right setting is out there.

:(2 That's such a bummer missy. I'm sorry that setting didn't fit Bubbalah. Everything works out for a reason, and I know you think the same way... but the waiting for it to work out still sucks.

Missy, I hate that setting didn’t work out for you—it is gorgeous. But it sounds like you are lucky to have a great relationship with Adam. If you can hang in there I’m sure the perfect thing will present itself sooner or later!

Aww thank you @junebug17 and @rainydaze and @Tonks. Appreciate your kind comments.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I missed seeing the latest on this thread so will go back to look at all the yummies!
@missy I was searching for my ring..and saw this setting from a website eragem.com I think it’s gorgeous but there are other beautiful setting on their website..
992FFB1F-8DB9-4E88-BC4F-C87615E8DF72.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yup, thanks @LLJsmom..and I spoke with that vendor too a couple of weeks ago when I found his semi mounts. He is super nice and is keeping an eye out for me. He actually thought his smaller setting would work for Bubbalah but it's too shallow and would be similar to Demelza's setting that did not work out.

Mine BCA9EA42-DCF9-423B-841F-762E0797050E.jpeg Neil Lane platinum setting. I love the antique look

So pretty. Thanks for sharing.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another setting I am swooning over right now...contacted the vendor but no reply yet...anwyay, he's selling the whole ring so cannot buy setting separately but OMG this is TDF beautiful. 10 prongs though...that's a lot of potential snagging and cleaning challenges lol.

Screen Shot 2018-11-11 at 7.22.07 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-11 at 7.21.26 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-11 at 7.20.51 AM.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results