shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me the travel rings.....

mrsthirdcharms

Shiny_Rock
I know this is an older thread...

But I wanted to post some pictures of these titanium “travel rings” that I got. The vendor is Chris Whorle, Aladdi’s Cave on Etsy. There’s n a lot of vendors that sell titanium jewelry set with gems or cz. I got this set for alternatives to my wedding set, when I don’t want to risk damage. I love how low set the six prong solitaire is; all of these are titanium with what he calls “man made diamond”, I presume cz.

D1C68EC9-7EF7-4B73-8C5F-7FBD25D7445D.jpeg 18C84388-FF58-44E3-B389-61270421E94C.jpeg 37E89AB3-F51D-41E1-9DF9-2F59D74AE721.jpeg

mrsthirdcharms

Shiny_Rock
I know this is an older thread...

But I wanted to post some pictures of these titanium “travel rings” that I got. The vendor is Chris Whorle, Aladdi’s Cave on Etsy. There’s n a lot of vendors that sell titanium jewelry set with gems or cz. I got this set for alternatives to my wedding set, when I don’t want to risk damage. I love how low set the six prong solitaire is; all of these are titanium with what he calls “man made diamond”, I presume cz.

D1C68EC9-7EF7-4B73-8C5F-7FBD25D7445D.jpeg 18C84388-FF58-44E3-B389-61270421E94C.jpeg 37E89AB3-F51D-41E1-9DF9-2F59D74AE721.jpeg

*Aladdin’s* Cave... idk why price scope cuts off words or auto corrects in this weird way that truncates words

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just got this 2.17 emerald from Berricle. The perfect travel ring. I love the size on me! 1B22E19D-8CFD-42CD-8DE5-B6BE2DEDAE55.jpeg
29778A02-93F1-4557-A75E-FD3CDD59CF13.jpeg 78C9A1D4-5F51-4D2C-856D-84C8BB8C73B0.jpeg

kris01vb

Shiny_Rock
I just bought 2 new rings yesterday. The smaller cushion with a halo will be a stand in and the large elongated cushion is a cocktail ring, while I would love to wear it everything and think it’s is a very pretty ring, it’s too much to be believable I think. They are arabella brand rings that have Swarovski zirconia. They were very pretty cz to start and not cheap, but the baking did add some depth. FEBB79D2-1CDB-4848-956A-E7DEF4EA80EC.jpeg 73EE944A-9F12-4ACC-AC26-6C5E4AE470F6.jpeg

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just bought 2 new rings yesterday. The smaller cushion with a halo will be a stand in and the large elongated cushion is a cocktail ring, while I would love to wear it everything and think it’s is a very pretty ring, it’s too much to be believable I think. They are arabella brand rings that have Swarovski zirconia. They were very pretty cz to start and not cheap, but the baking did add some depth. FEBB79D2-1CDB-4848-956A-E7DEF4EA80EC.jpeg 73EE944A-9F12-4ACC-AC26-6C5E4AE470F6.jpeg

the cut on that cushion is really pretty

jorylever19

Rough_Rock
Trade
I would not be a woman if I did not take all the rings on trips. One day, the airport staff will not let me through because of the excess baggage. In the past, my husband and I were on tour at costaricafocus.com, where he gave me a ring with a phoenix bird. I can't imagine where he found such a beautiful gemstone ring. Even though the ring is big, I can match it with any outfit. Now I have an idea to make a silver bird wing pendant, but I haven't found a jeweler who can do it yet. This idea was born after another trip along the shores of the Amazon. There we saw huge white parrots.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have rings I could use for travel but I’m wondering where one goes that they think it’s too dangerous to just wear their ring? Maybe a beach in Mexico? Once I was on the train from Heathrow to a hotel and I felt very conspicuous with my ring on so I turned it around. Other than that I have been all over the world and never felt unsafe.

mommylawyer

Brilliant_Rock
I have rings I could use for travel but I’m wondering where one goes that they think it’s too dangerous to just wear their ring? Maybe a beach in Mexico? Once I was on the train from Heathrow to a hotel and I felt very conspicuous with my ring on so I turned it around. Other than that I have been all over the world and never felt unsafe.

I wear travel rings on the kinds of vacations where I will be doing active things during the day (and leaving my rings in the hotel room all day), but I will be having dinner at nice restaurants in the evening (and I will want to wear some bling).

I never lock anything in a hotel safe because the safe can fail, and your items will be trapped inside. This happened to us in Barcelona, and we almost missed our flight. Our passports were locked in the safe along with my jewelry. It was horrible. One guy was drilling into the safe from our room, and another guy was drilling from the room next door. I didn't forget my code. I had been using the safe all week, and the manager's override code didn't work either. The safe just failed.

The point is that my jewelry will just be sitting in a drawer in the hotel room all day, and I wouldn't want to leave my actual engagement ring unattended in a hotel room. Thus, the travel ring.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don’t go anywhere now because of Covid..but I think if you’re wearing a large flashy ring you will be a target anyway. I’m more concerned with some person pulling a gun on me because they want my jewelry thinking it’s real. With that said I do what @AprilBaby does and turn my rings around. I went to Italy five years ago wearing a CZ instead of my rings. I went through horrible withdrawal. I swore I would never travel again without one of my diamond rings. I would wear the less expensive one..which is more low key..I would still turn that one around. I’ll wear this one..
I wear my jewelry to bed on vacation which I never do. I clean them when I get up in the morning before putting them on again. C6F2BDF6-3A24-4D5B-8313-02FDEFE15B54.jpeg

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would be concerned about someone pulling a gun for any reason so a big travel ring will attract the same.

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock
My travel jewellery depends on the destination. If I’m going to NYC or a similarly wealthy area where fine jewellery is prevalent, then I wear my ‘normal’ things.

However, I tend to like exploring places with a significantly lower GDP per capita and am acutely aware of the differences. As such, I usually only take one small ring and one necklace. Everything else is costume jewellery - either a piece I’ve picked up from a previous trip or something that just caught my eye for under £20 :)

For example, I’m heading off to Vietnam today and here’s what I’ll be wearing for the whole trip.

It’s a 3.01 ratio 0.36ct E SI2 marquise that's 9.81 x 3.26mm and I love how the long and skinny-ness of it has such presence for the low carat weight. This ring was also my temporary ER for 18 months when I was hunting for another OEC!

The bracelet is a sentimental souvenir bought at a market in Rio by a friend who I travelled through South America with.

And neck-wise, it’ll be my 0.39ct YG DBTY-style necklace.

67257AB6-594D-4E05-8948-65E901B972FD.jpeg

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice!

JV36912

Brilliant_Rock
We were out of town for the holidays and I took this lovely with me. Although it's a simple solitaire, I thoroughly enjoyed wearing it and wanted to share. After a few lost pieces and freak accidents with jewelry, I no longer travel with anything too significant.

PXL_20230107_200542631.jpg

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
We were out of town for the holidays and I took this lovely with me. Although it's a simple solitaire, I thoroughly enjoyed wearing it and wanted to share. After a few lost pieces and freak accidents with jewelry, I no longer travel with anything too significant.

PXL_20230107_200542631.jpg

May I ask where you got this? I can't go real right now, but I would happy to wear this!

JV36912

Brilliant_Rock
May I ask where you got this? I can't go real right now, but I would happy to wear this!

Of course! Totally agree, a diamond version of this, but slightly larger, is on my wish list!

I purchased it from an overseas vendor- Winnie Zhow- who I learned about from the 'moissanite' sub-reddit. Contacted her via IG and had the ring custom made (this is actually my stone) :
I'm not sure if she has any stock pieces but the setting is simple enough to recreate and customize to one's preferences. Lovely vendor and great purchase experience overall.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Of course! Totally agree, a diamond version of this, but slightly larger, is on my wish list!

I purchased it from an overseas vendor- Winnie Zhow- who I learned about from the 'moissanite' sub-reddit. Contacted her via IG and had the ring custom made (this is actually my stone) :
I'm not sure if she has any stock pieces but the setting is simple enough to recreate and customize to one's preferences. Lovely vendor and great purchase experience overall.

Thank you!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear Bella and Marilyn wherever I go. If I didn't, they'd never get an outing. They're insured, so if I lost them, I'd be heartbroken, but that's what insurance is for. If I'm somewhere I think they'll attract unwanted attention, I turn them round.

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
This post could technically go in the LGD forum but I wanted to share my travel ring… I had an empty setting which I love and decided to fill it with a DG H&A LGD to see what all the fuss is about over superideal cuts. Came out great and it made a perfect travel ring. At 6 mm it is not so big as to draw a lot of attention but since the cut is so nice, it shines with quality and looked good with all my travel outfits. I wore it to the pool, going hiking, with jeans and t-shirt, and with my dressy shirt and trousers.

8940A54E-65D3-463A-901C-540A77912D45.jpeg
89E24BBD-9F29-4A73-BA1F-62CD54CAE09D.jpeg

I believe lab diamond are real diamonds and suitable for major projects, but they are also great for fashion that is affordable enough to replace if lost somewhere far from home.

JV36912

Brilliant_Rock
This post could technically go in the LGD forum but I wanted to share my travel ring… I had an empty setting which I love and decided to fill it with a DG H&A LGD to see what all the fuss is about over superideal cuts. Came out great and it made a perfect travel ring. At 6 mm it is not so big as to draw a lot of attention but since the cut is so nice, it shines with quality and looked good with all my travel outfits. I wore it to the pool, going hiking, with jeans and t-shirt, and with my dressy shirt and trousers.

8940A54E-65D3-463A-901C-540A77912D45.jpeg
89E24BBD-9F29-4A73-BA1F-62CD54CAE09D.jpeg

I believe lab diamond are real diamonds and suitable for major projects, but they are also great for fashion that is affordable enough to replace if lost somewhere far from home.

Beautiful!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results