shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me the travel rings.....

I'll play! :mrgreen2:

It's not a travel ring per se because we bought it a couple years ago when I thought I'd like a moissanite as an upgrade for my ER. While I think it's very pretty, I surprised myself by not enjoying wearing it. I'm not sure if that's because I know it's not a diamond, or because the carat equivalent is noticeably larger than anyone my age in my social circle has. It sits in its ring box for now, and I play with it sometimes, but I should really just sell it to add to the eventual diamond ER upgrade fund :roll2:

Anyway, it's a Forever One from C&C, 8mm/2ct equivalent. It's in a 14k RG mount from MoissaniteCo that I had semi-customed to have a 14k WG basket and prongs.

(Shown in some pictures with my WG bead set wedding band and a 14k YG filled ring from Etsy.)

IMG_1866.JPG IMG_0820.JPG IMG_1868.JPG IMG_1867.JPG

Last edited:
Just an inexpensive ring to wear on vacation, etc- when you don't want to wear your really expensive jewelry. Some choose moissanite or CZ's because they look the most diamond-like.
Ok!! I thought so, but I needed to confirm...
In which case, I can play because I do this frequently, when we go camping, fishing & hiking...
Stand by...lol!! :lol-2:

Ok...so, once again, a collage. I wear a variation of "fakies", when I feel more comfortable leaving my precious diamonds at home.
Left to Right, Top Row:
1cttw CZ baguette Eternity band (sterling silver), 4ct CZ center: Radiant w/trap baguettes on each side (Avon-custom sterling silver), 6ct CZ Center: Square EC w/1.5ct Trilliants on each side (Bradford Exchange-sterling silver), 1.5-2ct Pink Amathyst Center: Cushion Cut w/Round Purple Amathyst side stones, surrounded by a half halo of single cut white diamonds (WG) (Helzberg Diamonds).
Row 2: 1.5-2ct EC Citrine set E-W in sterling silver X prong soli (Silversmith's), 5-7ct CZ EC from Bradford Exchange set in Sterling silver, tapered, channel set, baguettes, still in the box (size 7-8; I need to size it down), Radiant/Tapered Baguette (Avon) with baguette Eternity on finger, E-W Citrine with Baguette Eternity on finger.
Row 3: Amathyst w/Baguette Eternity on finger, BFE EC with Baguette Eternity (too big for my finger), Navajo Made Sterling Silver and Tourquiose Oval found in Masilla, NM (2013) on finger. Avon Radiant w/tapered baguettes with my stainless steel promise ring on finger.
Bottom Row: BFE SQEC w/Trilliants w/Stainless Steel promise ring on finger, BFE EC on my thumb (still too big), and the CZ baguette Eternity next to my 1cttw 1/2 Eternity Baguette/Round WG WR.
IMG_7877.JPG
I wore "fakies" until the day I got engaged. These honkers made it necessary to adjust to a 1+Ct center stone, but it didn't take long, and none of them compare to my Uisce. I only wear them when I am uncomfortable wearing my diamonds, and I have discovered that I miss my diamonds so much that I can't wait to get home, and switch them out!!
As one can imagine, CZ's only hold out for so long before they start to take a beating. I am interested in looking into Moisanite, and Morganite substitutes; both are nearly as durable as Diamonds, but at a fraction of the cost.
I don't believe I have ever mentioned this, until now: when DH & I were in search of my ER, I had stumbled upon a White Sapphire EC that blew me away. I snapped photos and sent them to him in a text. Initially, he had a heart attack because the center stone was approx the size of the BFE EC in the box (that doesn't fit me) When I told him it was $150.00, he thought I had gone mad...lol! I explained that I was perfectly comfortable with a white sapphire, and he could custom make a setting to fit the stone, and I'd be 100% good with it. He refused. When I asked him why, he explained that nothing but a real diamond would do for me; I was worth a diamond to him.
After toiling with it, I conceded; sapphires are softer than diamonds, and require replacement. I don't want to have to replace my "forever" ring, so a diamond was a much better choice...even if it wasn't 5-7cts...lol! :lol-2:

Here is my travel ring, an OEC cut moissanite. I also wear it some days when I'm not traveling! To me, moissanite looks and behaves very differently to diamond, but I appreciate it for its own qualities and characteristics.
20170911_161228.jpg 20170911_161159.jpg 20170911_161139.jpg

Here is my travel ring, an OEC cut moissanite. I also wear it some days when I'm not traveling! To me, moissanite looks and behaves very differently to diamond, but I appreciate it for its own qualities and characteristics.
20170911_161228.jpg 20170911_161159.jpg 20170911_161139.jpg

I LOVE this. I know what you mean about wearing it when not traveling, too. I am going to enjoy the heck out of my wink cz- it's SO beautiful!

I don't travel anywhere where I don't feel comfortable wearing my real jewellery, it's all insured, and I don't have any sentimental attachment to them. If I were ever to travel somewhere 'dodgy' I'd probably wear Swarovski zirconia in platinum overlay.

Sox,

In case it interests you at all, Ivy and Rose can make any of their settings to fit your stone, and I think they can do it in yellow gold too. I've been talking with him about maybe doing a setting for my cushion.

Sox,

In case it interests you at all, Ivy and Rose can make any of their settings to fit your stone, and I think they can do it in yellow gold too. I've been talking with him about maybe doing a setting for my cushion.

I'm still looking for a used setting. i don't want to spend more than $200:)

Here is my "travel" ring. Pics are a bit grainy! I too have been wearing it even when I'm not traveling. Especially since I returned my diamond and I'm waiting for my new ACA. I need some sparkly.
It's a 9.25 mm OEC H/I "GIA" color VS clarity moissanite custom cut for Caysie in her Olivia 8 prong platinum setting. :Up_to_something:
IMG_6006.JPGIMG_6029.JPGIMG_6021.JPG

My travel ring (not cheap but I fell for the setting) CDDD3561.jpeg IMG_8372.JPG
that became a everyday ring because it is amazing.
Isadora setting in brushed 18 YG with a ACC from JYB. New Moissanite with amazing cut, not yellow or funky green, double refraction is non existant in most lightenings.
I love it.

My travel ring (not cheap but I fell for the setting) CDDD3561.jpeg IMG_8372.JPG
that became a everyday ring because it is amazing.
Isadora setting in brushed 18 YG with a ACC from JYB. New Moissanite with amazing cut, not yellow or funky green, double refraction is non existant in most lightenings.
I love it.

Beautiful! Would love to see more (perhaps in another thread)!!! Are all ENV moissanite a certain color and clarity (e.g., G VS2), or does JYB assign color and clarity grades in another way?

Here's mine - CZ is a 7.5mm Cartier cut by Wink and the setting is 14k white gold Ivy and Rose.
IMG_4089.jpg IMG_4093.PNG

That's so beautiful!! In real life, is it very obviously a CZ or does it look / perform like a diamond?

That's so beautiful!! In real life, is it very obviously a CZ or does it look / perform like a diamond?
Thanks! It looks quite real... the faceting and color play are beautiful and I don't really see any cloudiness in the stone (which I what I typically associate with CZ's)

Omgoodness.... I’ve been away from the forums a bit lately and just saw the addition for fabulous fashion jewelry - Yay!!! :appl: Love everyone’s travel rings!

I was fortunate to pick up one of the Amora AVRs (you’re the man @Rhino!), and had it set in Caysie’s gemma setting. I love this as my travel ring, but tbh, I actually wear it all the time. :P2

9512C72D-C036-4717-8509-CBB2AF6949DF.jpeg
E486067E-39A9-4395-8A5C-3771BAE932C8.jpeg

Omgoodness.... I’ve been away from the forums a bit lately and just saw the addition for fabulous fashion jewelry - Yay!!! :appl: Love everyone’s travel rings!

I was fortunate to pick up one of the Amora AVRs (you’re the man @Rhino!), and had it set in Caysie’s gemma setting. I love this as my travel ring, but tbh, I actually wear it all the time. :P2

9512C72D-C036-4717-8509-CBB2AF6949DF.jpeg
E486067E-39A9-4395-8A5C-3771BAE932C8.jpeg

Gorgeous!! What size is your AVR Amora? I am on the waiting list for a 9.5mm for a travel ring. Also, can you post a profile view of your Gemma?

Gorgeous!! What size is your AVR Amora? I am on the waiting list for a 9.5mm for a travel ring. Also, can you post a profile view of your Gemma?

Thanks @misslili! It’s a 2.74ct stone and 8.72mm round. A 9.5mm diameter will be amazing!

Here’s a profile shot of the Gemma and another from a different perspective. Have you decided how you’re going to set yours?

4A1CC523-7D5E-47E9-9508-5CA3A20D1272.jpeg
53E7EC25-C300-48BB-AF17-2B4A7EA6B51E.jpeg

Thanks @misslili! It’s a 2.74ct stone and 8.72mm round. A 9.5mm diameter will be amazing!

Here’s a profile shot of the Gemma and another from a different perspective. Have you decided how you’re going to set yours?

4A1CC523-7D5E-47E9-9508-5CA3A20D1272.jpeg
53E7EC25-C300-48BB-AF17-2B4A7EA6B51E.jpeg

That is stunning! I am thinking I may do a Dahlia solitaire w/ a plain shank but I am not sure. I've also kind of been longing for a bezeled solitaire lately. I wonder how that would impact the light return for the AVR Amora though. I have a modified Olivia Soli (it's without the scrolls and with added milgrain on the swoops -- I believe she called it a Caroline) so I would definitely do another of Caysie's solitaires for the Amora.

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP