carat
color
clarity

Show me the travel rings.....

Hayley87

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I'll play! :mrgreen2:

It's not a travel ring per se because we bought it a couple years ago when I thought I'd like a moissanite as an upgrade for my ER. While I think it's very pretty, I surprised myself by not enjoying wearing it. I'm not sure if that's because I know it's not a diamond, or because the carat equivalent is noticeably larger than anyone my age in my social circle has. It sits in its ring box for now, and I play with it sometimes, but I should really just sell it to add to the eventual diamond ER upgrade fund :roll2:

Anyway, it's a Forever One from C&C, 8mm/2ct equivalent. It's in a 14k RG mount from MoissaniteCo that I had semi-customed to have a 14k WG basket and prongs.

(Shown in some pictures with my WG bead set wedding band and a 14k YG filled ring from Etsy.)

IMG_1866.JPG IMG_0820.JPG IMG_1868.JPG IMG_1867.JPG

Last edited:

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just an inexpensive ring to wear on vacation, etc- when you don't want to wear your really expensive jewelry. Some choose moissanite or CZ's because they look the most diamond-like.
Ok!! I thought so, but I needed to confirm...
In which case, I can play because I do this frequently, when we go camping, fishing & hiking...
Stand by...lol!! :lol-2:

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok...so, once again, a collage. I wear a variation of "fakies", when I feel more comfortable leaving my precious diamonds at home.
Left to Right, Top Row:
1cttw CZ baguette Eternity band (sterling silver), 4ct CZ center: Radiant w/trap baguettes on each side (Avon-custom sterling silver), 6ct CZ Center: Square EC w/1.5ct Trilliants on each side (Bradford Exchange-sterling silver), 1.5-2ct Pink Amathyst Center: Cushion Cut w/Round Purple Amathyst side stones, surrounded by a half halo of single cut white diamonds (WG) (Helzberg Diamonds).
Row 2: 1.5-2ct EC Citrine set E-W in sterling silver X prong soli (Silversmith's), 5-7ct CZ EC from Bradford Exchange set in Sterling silver, tapered, channel set, baguettes, still in the box (size 7-8; I need to size it down), Radiant/Tapered Baguette (Avon) with baguette Eternity on finger, E-W Citrine with Baguette Eternity on finger.
Row 3: Amathyst w/Baguette Eternity on finger, BFE EC with Baguette Eternity (too big for my finger), Navajo Made Sterling Silver and Tourquiose Oval found in Masilla, NM (2013) on finger. Avon Radiant w/tapered baguettes with my stainless steel promise ring on finger.
Bottom Row: BFE SQEC w/Trilliants w/Stainless Steel promise ring on finger, BFE EC on my thumb (still too big), and the CZ baguette Eternity next to my 1cttw 1/2 Eternity Baguette/Round WG WR.
IMG_7877.JPG
I wore "fakies" until the day I got engaged. These honkers made it necessary to adjust to a 1+Ct center stone, but it didn't take long, and none of them compare to my Uisce. I only wear them when I am uncomfortable wearing my diamonds, and I have discovered that I miss my diamonds so much that I can't wait to get home, and switch them out!!
As one can imagine, CZ's only hold out for so long before they start to take a beating. I am interested in looking into Moisanite, and Morganite substitutes; both are nearly as durable as Diamonds, but at a fraction of the cost.
I don't believe I have ever mentioned this, until now: when DH & I were in search of my ER, I had stumbled upon a White Sapphire EC that blew me away. I snapped photos and sent them to him in a text. Initially, he had a heart attack because the center stone was approx the size of the BFE EC in the box (that doesn't fit me) When I told him it was $150.00, he thought I had gone mad...lol! I explained that I was perfectly comfortable with a white sapphire, and he could custom make a setting to fit the stone, and I'd be 100% good with it. He refused. When I asked him why, he explained that nothing but a real diamond would do for me; I was worth a diamond to him.
After toiling with it, I conceded; sapphires are softer than diamonds, and require replacement. I don't want to have to replace my "forever" ring, so a diamond was a much better choice...even if it wasn't 5-7cts...lol! :lol-2:

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is my travel ring, an OEC cut moissanite. I also wear it some days when I'm not traveling! To me, moissanite looks and behaves very differently to diamond, but I appreciate it for its own qualities and characteristics.
20170911_161228.jpg 20170911_161159.jpg 20170911_161139.jpg

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is my travel ring, an OEC cut moissanite. I also wear it some days when I'm not traveling! To me, moissanite looks and behaves very differently to diamond, but I appreciate it for its own qualities and characteristics.
20170911_161228.jpg 20170911_161159.jpg 20170911_161139.jpg

I LOVE this. I know what you mean about wearing it when not traveling, too. I am going to enjoy the heck out of my wink cz- it's SO beautiful!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't travel anywhere where I don't feel comfortable wearing my real jewellery, it's all insured, and I don't have any sentimental attachment to them. If I were ever to travel somewhere 'dodgy' I'd probably wear Swarovski zirconia in platinum overlay.

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sox,

In case it interests you at all, Ivy and Rose can make any of their settings to fit your stone, and I think they can do it in yellow gold too. I've been talking with him about maybe doing a setting for my cushion.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sox,

In case it interests you at all, Ivy and Rose can make any of their settings to fit your stone, and I think they can do it in yellow gold too. I've been talking with him about maybe doing a setting for my cushion.

I'm still looking for a used setting. i don't want to spend more than $200:)

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is my "travel" ring. Pics are a bit grainy! I too have been wearing it even when I'm not traveling. Especially since I returned my diamond and I'm waiting for my new ACA. I need some sparkly.
It's a 9.25 mm OEC H/I "GIA" color VS clarity moissanite custom cut for Caysie in her Olivia 8 prong platinum setting. :Up_to_something:
IMG_6006.JPG IMG_6029.JPG IMG_6021.JPG

Phanie

Shiny_Rock
My travel ring (not cheap but I fell for the setting) CDDD3561.jpeg IMG_8372.JPG
that became a everyday ring because it is amazing.
Isadora setting in brushed 18 YG with a ACC from JYB. New Moissanite with amazing cut, not yellow or funky green, double refraction is non existant in most lightenings.
I love it.

Skhii

Shiny_Rock
My travel ring (not cheap but I fell for the setting) CDDD3561.jpeg IMG_8372.JPG
that became a everyday ring because it is amazing.
Isadora setting in brushed 18 YG with a ACC from JYB. New Moissanite with amazing cut, not yellow or funky green, double refraction is non existant in most lightenings.
I love it.

Beautiful! Would love to see more (perhaps in another thread)!!! Are all ENV moissanite a certain color and clarity (e.g., G VS2), or does JYB assign color and clarity grades in another way?

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's mine - CZ is a 7.5mm Cartier cut by Wink and the setting is 14k white gold Ivy and Rose.
IMG_4089.jpg IMG_4093.PNG

That's so beautiful!! In real life, is it very obviously a CZ or does it look / perform like a diamond?

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's so beautiful!! In real life, is it very obviously a CZ or does it look / perform like a diamond?
Thanks! It looks quite real... the faceting and color play are beautiful and I don't really see any cloudiness in the stone (which I what I typically associate with CZ's)

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Omgoodness.... I’ve been away from the forums a bit lately and just saw the addition for fabulous fashion jewelry - Yay!!! :appl: Love everyone’s travel rings!

I was fortunate to pick up one of the Amora AVRs (you’re the man @Rhino!), and had it set in Caysie’s gemma setting. I love this as my travel ring, but tbh, I actually wear it all the time. :P2

9512C72D-C036-4717-8509-CBB2AF6949DF.jpeg
E486067E-39A9-4395-8A5C-3771BAE932C8.jpeg

misslili

Rough_Rock
Omgoodness.... I’ve been away from the forums a bit lately and just saw the addition for fabulous fashion jewelry - Yay!!! :appl: Love everyone’s travel rings!

I was fortunate to pick up one of the Amora AVRs (you’re the man @Rhino!), and had it set in Caysie’s gemma setting. I love this as my travel ring, but tbh, I actually wear it all the time. :P2

9512C72D-C036-4717-8509-CBB2AF6949DF.jpeg
E486067E-39A9-4395-8A5C-3771BAE932C8.jpeg

Gorgeous!! What size is your AVR Amora? I am on the waiting list for a 9.5mm for a travel ring. Also, can you post a profile view of your Gemma?

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!! What size is your AVR Amora? I am on the waiting list for a 9.5mm for a travel ring. Also, can you post a profile view of your Gemma?

Thanks @misslili! It’s a 2.74ct stone and 8.72mm round. A 9.5mm diameter will be amazing!

Here’s a profile shot of the Gemma and another from a different perspective. Have you decided how you’re going to set yours?

4A1CC523-7D5E-47E9-9508-5CA3A20D1272.jpeg
53E7EC25-C300-48BB-AF17-2B4A7EA6B51E.jpeg

misslili

Rough_Rock
Thanks @misslili! It’s a 2.74ct stone and 8.72mm round. A 9.5mm diameter will be amazing!

Here’s a profile shot of the Gemma and another from a different perspective. Have you decided how you’re going to set yours?

4A1CC523-7D5E-47E9-9508-5CA3A20D1272.jpeg
53E7EC25-C300-48BB-AF17-2B4A7EA6B51E.jpeg

That is stunning! I am thinking I may do a Dahlia solitaire w/ a plain shank but I am not sure. I've also kind of been longing for a bezeled solitaire lately. I wonder how that would impact the light return for the AVR Amora though. I have a modified Olivia Soli (it's without the scrolls and with added milgrain on the swoops -- I believe she called it a Caroline) so I would definitely do another of Caysie's solitaires for the Amora.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results