shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me the Bling - the Laboratory Grown version!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it!

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE YOUR RING!!! Would you be willing to tell me more about it and who you worked with! It's GORGEOUS and looks stunning you!

Sure! I picked out the stone on rare carat and purchased it with the setting from With Clarity, they are based out of New York. I have a separate thread about it in the forum (sorry not sure how to link) but it should be easy to find :) I was very happy with the company and the quality of the stone and ring!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

m1918

Shiny_Rock
1.83 lab AVC G VS1 in an earth mined platinum setting by Distinctive Gem/Jonathan Weingarten 3618F184-8A43-49DF-BD3A-1633B26097C2.jpeg AAFD742A-3437-499D-B99E-1E29C5F470BE.jpeg 5E58616B-6166-4A88-8D4D-BF3671F195FB.jpeg 7381975B-23DA-488F-8A02-BA5AF2709EEB.jpeg

Stunning! I’m interested in potentially purchasing an MMD from Distinctive Gem as well but was concerned about the internal graining. Would love to hear about your experience with this!

Coversquirrell

Rough_Rock
There is no internal graining in this stone. I asked Jonathan about internal graining or striations, and he will answer honestly. He will take as many pics or videos as you want. This is such a beautiful, clear diamond in person. I was a little worried myself buying it sight unseen, but the risk was worth it! I was concerned it wouldn’t look like a diamond since so many places are trying to give lab mined a negative connotation, but it does! I have a few moissanites for fun, and while they are sparkly, they are very obvious they are not a diamond. This is just a gorgeous, white stone, it looks no different than my other earth mined diamonds, except it looks a lot better due to quality!!

Stunning! I’m interested in potentially purchasing an MMD from Distinctive Gem as well but was concerned about the internal graining. Would love to hear about your experience with this!

m1918

Shiny_Rock
There is no internal graining in this stone. I asked Jonathan about internal graining or striations, and he will answer honestly. He will take as many pics or videos as you want. This is such a beautiful, clear diamond in person. I was a little worried myself buying it sight unseen, but the risk was worth it! I was concerned it wouldn’t look like a diamond since so many places are trying to give lab mined a negative connotation, but it does! I have a few moissanites for fun, and while they are sparkly, they are very obvious they are not a diamond. This is just a gorgeous, white stone, it looks no different than my other earth mined diamonds, except it looks a lot better due to quality!!

Thank you so much for sharing! I’m glad to hear that you love it!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Does it have an IGI report? How is the G color compared to a mined G graded by GIA/AGS?

Coversquirrell

Rough_Rock
Yes, it comes with a full IGI lab report. I can’t speak for all lab diamonds, but Jonathan said he was surprised this stone came back G because it looks more like an F to him. It’s very white in person.
Does it have an IGI report? How is the G color compared to a mined G graded by GIA/AGS?

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Jean_Jean so beautiful! The colors coming off that diamond are incredible.

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
2.10 K VS1 lab diamond ring - I’m loving this warm peachy color!
626000D5-37C5-4F03-9650-1B68C03A5E9C.jpeg B15FC66A-9D55-48EC-8715-E4B3E72EA765.jpeg E465E36E-784D-4F45-88BE-FA2389B4F394.jpeg EE3EB9C0-16E7-42D2-B278-BD6725DE2CA2.jpeg

Wow! What a beautiful ring! The colours coming off it are gorgeous!!!

Quick off topic though. Where did you get that box???

Jean_Jean

Rough_Rock
Wow! What a beautiful ring! The colours coming off it are gorgeous!!!

Quick off topic though. Where did you get that box???

Thanks! The box came from HundredHearts on Etsy.

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joining the club with my 16th anniversary present. It’s a 2.2 ct G, VS2 lab grown oval by Ascot Diamonds. It will be my new everyday ring. The original and upgrade rings are currently vacationing in the safe.

E3C9BDA3-9758-4A00-AAB3-20A703D3395F.jpeg 486BED28-C05A-4E33-A50A-13457F057985.jpeg

Holy guacamole, this is gorgeous!! Sure, I’m like 5 months late but who cares. I just had to tell you how much I love your new ring. :kiss2:

Jean_Jean

Rough_Rock
That is gorgeous! I'm also hoping for a 2ct lab solitaire one day. Where did you find your stone?

Thank you! I got the stone and ring from James Allen. I was able to find comparables on Rare Carat that were a bit cheaper, but in the end I favored this particular stone.

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks! The box came from HundredHearts on Etsy.

Thank you! I'm going to give them a try lol. I hope they do a decent job with the liner part >.<

Back in topic. I know it said it earlier but your ring is SO SO PRETTY!

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock

I purchased two MMD from Distinctive Gems and Jonathan was incredibly helpful! He made me a whole 2 minute long video in different lighting situations to show me my diamonds and assured me that yes, you can see some graining in the super magnified videos but they do not in any way dim the performance, and it could not be seen with the naked eye (and he is correct on both accounts) ! He has a YouTube video where he talks in detail about MMD graining, how he screens for it and how he determines if it affects performance or not, and if it affects the performance he sends it back.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results