Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me the Bling - the Laboratory Grown version!

vintageinjune

Shiny_Rock
Stunning! I’m interested in potentially purchasing an MMD from Distinctive Gem as well but was concerned about the internal graining. Would love to hear about your experience with this!
I purchased two MMD from Distinctive Gems and Jonathan was incredibly helpful! He made me a whole 2 minute long video in different lighting situations to show me my diamonds and assured me that yes, you can see some graining in the super magnified videos but they do not in any way dim the performance, and it could not be seen with the naked eye (and he is correct on both accounts) ! He has a YouTube video where he talks in detail about MMD graining, how he screens for it and how he determines if it affects performance or not, and if it affects the performance he sends it back.

vintageinjune

Shiny_Rock
Does it have an IGI report? How is the G color compared to a mined G graded by GIA/AGS?
Not sure if you already saw this thread, but an interesting post by ADA diamonds showing diamonds and their grades from IGI/GCAL versus AGS!

m1918

Rough_Rock
I purchased two MMD from Distinctive Gems and Jonathan was incredibly helpful! He made me a whole 2 minute long video in different lighting situations to show me my diamonds and assured me that yes, you can see some graining in the super magnified videos but they do not in any way dim the performance, and it could not be seen with the naked eye (and he is correct on both accounts) ! He has a YouTube video where he talks in detail about MMD graining, how he screens for it and how he determines if it affects performance or not, and if it affects the performance he sends it back.
Thank you for sharing! I’ve watched the YouTube video and read the reviews of people here who love his work. I’m really torn because I definitely trust Jon and the members here who have bought MMDs from him but I’m starting to think it might be a mind clean issue with the graining!

vintageinjune

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for sharing! I’ve watched the YouTube video and read the reviews of people here who love his work. I’m really torn because I definitely trust Jon and the members here who have bought MMDs from him but I’m starting to think it might be a mind clean issue with the graining!
That would make 100% sense. It definitely crept in to mind clean territory for me and I may have had a small melt down about it, because until I saw it with my own eyes..... I just couldn't know.

Do you have any local jewelers that carry MMDs that you could inspect in person to get a feel for whether or not it's a direction you want to go? Helzberg carries MMD now, and while I have not visited myself I know two local jewelers in my area that carry and source them for clients. I will say the MMD studs at Helzberg that I saw definitely suffered from obstruction/fuzziness due to graining issues, which makes me feel so much better about how crisp and perfect mine are.

m1918

Rough_Rock
That would make 100% sense. It definitely crept in to mind clean territory for me and I may have had a small melt down about it, because until I saw it with my own eyes..... I just couldn't know.

Do you have any local jewelers that carry MMDs that you could inspect in person to get a feel for whether or not it's a direction you want to go? Helzberg carries MMD now, and while I have not visited myself I know two local jewelers in my area that carry and source them for clients. I will say the MMD studs at Helzberg that I saw definitely suffered from obstruction/fuzziness due to graining issues, which makes me feel so much better about how crisp and perfect mine are.
You're right, I think I just need to see with my own eyes! My other issue is that I want my engagement to be a total surprise which makes this tricky too! I've just been playing with the idea of having my BF propose with a 5 or 7 stone band and then waiting until we could go see Jon in person or maybe view the AVCs in our home. It's hard to be a control freak that also wants a surprise, LOL.

Dhana

Rough_Rock
IMG_20201125_152918455.jpg
Well the lightbox diamonds are here. 2 ctw. White 14k gold setting

My first diamond studs no idea what to expect. Did think they would be bigger
Appear good on my ears but I was hoping to gift to my mom who has larger lobes

Very white . Appears good cut but I am not an expert .

Setting appears sturdy. Do wish for a basket with screws and have to set it at some point in y gold. IMG_20201125_191625044.jpg

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look big on your ears to me! I’ve requested them to start yg but I don’t think it will happen. So do you think you will keep them?

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    November’s Jewels Of The Weeks
    November’s Jewels Of The Weeks
    Upgrade to Five-Stone
    Upgrade to Five-Stone
    Elizabeth Taylor's Diamond Heart
    Elizabeth Taylor's Diamond Heart

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.