shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me some Van Craeynest!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Luckylux--it''s a beautiful ring! I love the fleur de lis head. Very pretty! I see what you mean about the tilt of the stones--but it''s just gorgeous all around.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/29/2009 6:19:17 PM
Author: angeline

coati - Thank you! It was a bit of a gamble going all yellow and not having even the plat basket... but I just love the contrast of yg and the white diamond. And it does look better with my skin tone and just so warm and rich looking to me. I love it too. Larry also said that from an authenticity point of view, the older pieces were generally all one or the other, not mixed metals. I don't know if this was meant in general of just of older VC pieces, or dies.

I love the contrast of yellow gold and diamond too. I really cannot wait to see this! I'm thinking about resetting one of my stones in all yellow, and now I'm even more inspired! I'm new to yg, but it's getting really easy to collect. Ahhhh your ring will be exquisite. Do you wear other yg pieces?

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/30/2009 10:38:52 AM
Author: luckylux
I am so happy to see so many Van Craeynest projects in the works
36.gif
. Here is my ring which I received last month. I originally had a 3 stn ring which was damaged. After two costly attempts to fix it, I decided I just needed to reset, and this time I wanted to go local. I saw EdL''s VC thread and fell in love with the fleur de lys head. When I went to the VC website I was happily surprised to see they were located in SF, across the bridge from me.

luckylux that is divine! What are the pink stones? That is such a pretty ring. I actually like the way the stones are on a flat plane, it looks more antique to me.

I would love more pics maybe further away to see the other detail?

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/30/2009 11:41:55 AM
Author: coatimundi
Date: 3/29/2009 6:19:17 PM

coati - Thank you! It was a bit of a gamble going all yellow and not having even the plat basket... but I just love the contrast of yg and the white diamond. And it does look better with my skin tone and just so warm and rich looking to me. I love it too. Larry also said that from an authenticity point of view, the older pieces were generally all one or the other, not mixed metals. I don''t know if this was meant in general of just of older VC pieces, or dies.

I love the contrast of yellow gold and diamond too. I really cannot wait to see this! I''m thinking about resetting one of my stones in all yellow, and now I''m even more inspired! I''m new to yg, but it''s getting really easy to collect. Ahhhh your ring will be exquisite. Do you wear other yg pieces?

Hey Coati! My original wedding set from 11 years ago was yg. I''m from Australia and yg is much more popular there than it is here. After I moved here to the US and started looking at PS I fell in love with the white metals. Something about yellow though just drew me back. Partly sentimental I think because of the original wedding set, partly the heritage of yellow gold, partly because it just looks better on me. I had to overcome my stereotyping of it though as from the 80''s ha! the yg thread of AGBF''s really helped there though. SO yummy!

I would love just a plain really heavy thick band around 5mm of 22k. I have a 3mm one of 22k from when I graduated that my parents bought me in Singapore. And I have a Temple St Clair yg cupid necklace and a trinity cartier and that''s about it.

Looking forward to collecting more though
3.gif

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/30/2009 10:46:20 AM
The ring is variant of the 483. Here is the top view. When I first got the ring I was bothered that the sidestones were not tilted to follow the curve of the band. I did not specify that to Larry, so that was my fault. The fleur de lys took me by surprise as well- it is chased. I''ve really come to love the contrast.

Iluvcarats and Angeline, I can''t wait to see your finished rings!
luckylux, we need more pictures!

RubyCharm

Shiny_Rock
That''s a gorgeous ring!
30.gif

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/30/2009 10:46:20 AM
The ring is variant of the 483. Here is the top view. When I first got the ring I was bothered that the sidestones were not tilted to follow the curve of the band. I did not specify that to Larry, so that was my fault. The fleur de lys took me by surprise as well- it is chased. I''ve really come to love the contrast.

Iluvcarats and Angeline, I can''t wait to see your finished rings!

Luckylux, I love your ring! It is so special and gorgeous!
I can''t wait either! I will post ASAP!

luckylux

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the compliments Coati, Angeline, Akmiss, RubyCharm and Iluvcarats. The week has been so busy.

Angeline- Your ring was one of the rings I considered. I love the chased flowers. Unfortunately, I couldn''t get the 3 stone look out of it. I told Larry I could go smaller on the sides, but he thought the proportions I had were good. Also, about the pink stones,I had asked permission from Andrey to post my ring in this thread and I''m not supposed to talk about the pink stones. I hope that''s okay.

RubyCharm- you have a ring in the works as well. I didn''t mean to leave you out. I''m so excited for you, your ruby is beautiful!

Iluvcarats, now I''m hankering for a diamond band w/ flowers. You get the blingy eternity band look with the lovely detail of the pierced flowers.
I want the 962 with the alternating diamonds and flowers.

IMG2165crop600x567.jpg

luckylux

Rough_Rock
another

vlcsnap83419600x450.jpg

luckylux

Rough_Rock
last one.

vlcsnap84411600x450crop.JPG

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lucklylux your ring is stunning! I love the pink in it!

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
luckylux, you ring is just amazing! Thanks for posting the pictures
3.gif

edl

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/30/2009 10:38:52 AM
I am so happy to see so many Van Craeynest projects in the works
36.gif
. Here is my ring which I received last month. I originally had a 3 stn ring which was damaged. After two costly attempts to fix it, I decided I just needed to reset, and this time I wanted to go local. I saw EdL''s VC thread and fell in love with the fleur de lys head. When I went to the VC website I was happily surprised to see they were located in SF, across the bridge from me.

Luckylux, I''m glad my thread was useful. Me and FI have been so busy getting ready for our wedding that I''m hardly on PS these days.

Your ring is a stunner!!! I love the contrast, it''s absolutely amazing.

luckylux

Rough_Rock
Tks for the kind words Tyty, Akmiss and Edl. Edl, your fiance''s ring is so beautiful. I used to be such a plain metal, sleek lines kind of ring gal, but seeing your and everyone else''s VC rings, I''ve totally fallen in love with the details. Someday I hope to have a ring w/ flowers and scroll work. Someday.

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Well gals, guess where I''m off to this morning???? YES!!!! My rings are ready
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I even dreamt about rings last night
9.gif

Anyway had to share, will be back later.
2.gif

luckylux

Rough_Rock
I''m so excited for you. Can''t wait to see your pics!
36.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can''t wait to see pictures. Please post tons of them.
35.gif
35.gif
35.gif

RubyCharm

Shiny_Rock
Angeline, I''m also looking forward to seeing your pics!
3.gif

AnitaT

Shiny_Rock
Me too!
9.gif
So exciting!

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/8/2009 12:12:58 PM
Well gals, guess where I''m off to this morning???? YES!!!! My rings are ready
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I even dreamt about rings last night
9.gif

Anyway had to share, will be back later.
2.gif

OMGOMGOMG!
I am so excited! YAY!
36.gif

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Here are some pics to tide you over till I can concentrate and take some good ones.

I am so happy with my rings. I feel so lucky and proud to wear them. For the first time ever I am thoroughly satisfied. I LOVE the yellow gold, it looks so delicious I want to eat it.

Larry is an absolute sweetheart to have rushed these through.

I will try to take some better ones tonight.. Enjoy!

DSC01210.jpg

RubyCharm

Shiny_Rock
WOW!!! Your wedding set is absolutely stunning!!!
30.gif
3.gif
30.gif

Congratulations!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
WOW
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Gorgeous!
My DH just walked by and said "Wow, nice gold smithing"
I really love them.
Wear them in good health!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous wedding set!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

angeline

Ideal_Rock
luvcarats, RubyCharm, FlyGirl - thank you so much! It''s so nice to be able to share with like-minded people. I tried to show my Mom the detail and she was looking at the diamond not the metal
1.gif

Will try to take better pics tonight.

AnitaT

Shiny_Rock
Angeline,
The rings are BEAUTIFUL. The detail is amazing. Yup, we need some more pictures. I have been looking forward to seeing the set all day and wow!
30.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Angeline, your ring is drop dead gorgeous. Look at the diamond woo hoo, what a beautiful ring. More more more pictures please!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Those are gorgeous rings! I love the diamonds against the yellow gold and all the detail. Those have to be some of my favorite rings!
36.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results